ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Stuck in Salvador, as I predicted:)
Oddometer: 384
Pissed Km change 1190 Adventure

Am in need of advice...Anybody knows a cheeky way of quickly changing the km from 2500 to 6000! Usually it would be the other way round but am i the process of registering my bike and if it has less than 6000 km and less than 6 months old I'll have to pay 21% tax...F@k that!
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
Womble_CH
dribbling baboon
 
Womble_CH's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: French Alps
Oddometer: 290
This would be the not so serious option : http://youtu.be/OX1Yj-fhiTA

How did you get your bike from D to E ? I did a lot of export from Germany or France to Switzerland, so I know a little about procedures. If you want PM me.

Womble
Womble_CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
gefr
Life is a trip
 
gefr's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: East Med, Greece
Oddometer: 3,812
Maybe you could connect the milliometer to a drill?

And let it count miles for hours?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryobi-4-1-2-...item2a317a2d74

3500 miles = 5789kms / (18*0.0254*π) = 4.030.393 rounds for 18" weels. If the grinder turns with 3500rpm it will need 4.030.393/ 3500*(18*0.0254*π)= 801minutes = 13.36 hours. You should check if the speed goes too much overboard 3500*18*0,0254*π = 301.6 kms/hour so it should be reasonable.
Just saying...
Cheers

gefr screwed with this post 09-18-2013 at 08:22 AM
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Fjords of Norway
Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
Am in need of advice...Anybody knows a cheeky way of quickly changing the km from 2500 to 6000! Usually it would be the other way round but am i the process of registering my bike and if it has less than 6000 km and less than 6 months old I'll have to pay 21% tax...F@k that!
A tour of Spain! I could easily do 3500 km of twisties in a week
__________________
14' KTM 500EXC
13' KTM 1190 Adventure
12' Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Stuck in Salvador, as I predicted:)
Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble_CH View Post
This would be the not so serious option : http://youtu.be/OX1Yj-fhiTA

How did you get your bike from D to E ? I did a lot of export from Germany or France to Switzerland, so I know a little about procedures. If you want PM me.

Womble
Bought the bike in Germany, got a temporary plate there valid for a month and drove it to Spain. If the bike is younger than 6 months and has under 6000k's it's considered new and you have to pay VAT. 21% on their value of 9500€...you do the maths. NO go for me
Obviously I didn't do my homework but these things are hard to find out...
Today I spoke with a local bike mechanic and he's good friend with the technician at the local inspections centre :)) where they record the kilometres, he can take the bike and tell his mate it's got 6500k's:)) Good to know theres still a bit humanity in the system
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Stuck in Salvador, as I predicted:)
Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
And let it count miles for hours?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryobi-4-1-2-...item2a317a2d74

3500 miles = 5789kms / (18*0.0254*π) = 4.030.393 rounds for 18" weels. If the grinder turns with 3500rpm it will need 4.030.393/ 3500*(18*0.0254*π)= 801minutes = 13.36 hours. You should check if the speed goes too much overboard 3500*18*0,0254*π = 301.6 kms/hour so it should be reasonable.
Just saying...
Cheers
LOL...math teacher?
I was thinking along similar lines but where's the miliometer?
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
Dearnla
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dearnla's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Middle England
Oddometer: 154
Last time I looked, Germany and Spain are both part of the European Union. If you paid your vat in Germany, there should be none to pay in Spain. If you didn't (and how did you manage to get away with that?) then you better pay up.
__________________
KTM1190 ADV
Honda VFR1200FD
Honda CB900F2
Dearnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Stuck in Salvador, as I predicted:)
Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post
A tour of Spain! I could easily do 3500 km of twisties in a week
I whish...No papers, no ºplates, no joy.
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
GeorgeD
Adventurer
 
GeorgeD's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearnla View Post
Last time I looked, Germany and Spain are both part of the European Union. If you paid your vat in Germany, there should be none to pay in Spain. If you didn't (and how did you manage to get away with that?) then you better pay up.
Has nothing to do the VAT with the Corsica's case.
He wants to issue registration plate.
Different rules apply to each EU country.
Here in Sweden where I am the same applies as Corsica said.
When you import a vehicle it has to be at least 6 months old and more than 6000 KM (under your name), otherwise you pay a small fortune that you wish you had bought the vehicle brand new fully equipped in your country-where you live.
Let's say that government realises that you are trying to cheat the system and makes you paying an extra tax.
GeorgeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
Am in need of advice...Anybody knows a cheeky way of quickly changing the km from 2500 to 6000! Usually it would be the other way round but am i the process of registering my bike and if it has less than 6000 km and less than 6 months old I'll have to pay 21% tax...F@k that!
Has anyone crashed one yet? Get a crashed out odo that reads higher km's..
__________________
EastSideSM: '06 950SM Black
EastSideSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Stuck in Salvador, as I predicted:)
Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
Has nothing to do the VAT with the Corsica's case.
He wants to issue registration plate.
Different rules apply to each EU country.
Here in Sweden where I am the same applies as Corsica said.
When you import a vehicle it has to be at least 6 months old and more than 6000 KM (under your name), otherwise you pay a small fortune that you wish you had bought the vehicle brand new fully equipped in your country-where you live.
Let's say that government realises that you are trying to cheat the system and makes you paying an extra tax.
Spot on. You are considered a dealer, willing or not and only in this case if you sell your bike younger than 6 months or 6000k's since you can claim part of tax back and that's why they want to make me pay tax. Once I pass the inspection they can't prove thing anymore since I'll be clocking the extra 3500k's pretty quickly:)

The tax story is not over yet..there's the CO2 emissions...my CoC paper doesn't give me any nr of co2 emissions so because of this they want me to pay another 14.5% tsx on estimated value of 9500...1500 bangers! If co2 is 100 or less g/km. i pay 0% 200 or less 6% it think. So now i got in touch with the shop where the bike was originally purchased and told them to sort it out...please!
By the end of this i'll be a tax specialist!

Anybody could tell me the CO2 emissions by any chance for the 1190 Adventure R?
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #12
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Stuck in Salvador, as I predicted:)
Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble_CH View Post
This would be the not so serious option : http://youtu.be/OX1Yj-fhiTA

How did you get your bike from D to E ? I did a lot of export from Germany or France to Switzerland, so I know a little about procedures. If you want PM me.

Womble
Drove it with temporary German plates...now expired.
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
gefr
Life is a trip
 
gefr's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: East Med, Greece
Oddometer: 3,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
LOL...math teacher?
I was thinking along similar lines but where's the miliometer?
I mean the odometer or whatever they call the instrument that counts the distance travelled.
I am no math teacher. A bloody engineer I am.
Cheers.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer
 
Katoom72's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Belgium
Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearnla View Post
Last time I looked, Germany and Spain are both part of the European Union. If you paid your vat in Germany, there should be none to pay in Spain. If you didn't (and how did you manage to get away with that?) then you better pay up.
Nope, if it's younger then 6 months and under 6000 km you have to caugh it up. Does not matter what you payed in the country of purchase, our goverments want a slice of the pie when you register it.
__________________
Now:
'03 KTM 250sx -- '05 KTM Adventure 950
Before:
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #15
Womble_CH
dribbling baboon
 
Womble_CH's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: French Alps
Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
Drove it with temporary German plates...now expired.
Pity, you could have got them valid for 6 or even 12 months and done your km's, but its also costly.

I believe that you can make a prolongation, but for that you have to go back to the issuing office from where you got them in the first place - probably with the bike as they are supposed to check the engine/frame. If you got the plates from one of those Internet issuers (probably not) it would be easier. Did the german Zoll stamp anything in the german registration documents (proof that the bike has already been exported) ?

If you have paid the VAT in D and you have to pay again in E, you should be able to get the D Vat back, then its only 2% difference (21-19). All they need is proof of export and proof of VAT payment. You def. don't need to pay twice.


Sent from my IBM Simon using morse
Womble_CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014