Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #16
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,676
RoOK Package sent
Wadster package sent yesterday

I think that I will try to get a couple of the beeping relays. Will let you know when they are available.

I am working on a list of plug and play bikes that these relays work on.
So far is seems that the DR350/250 and 200s are.
The DR650 uses a slightly different type of 2 prong. It will probably work but the plugs are different. One would either need to cut and solder or use female spade type connects
The DRZ400 uses a big old turn signal relay that includes the side stand safety relay. Not sure how one would get this to work with a DRZ. V-storms use the same DRZ relay.

Honda xr600l seem to use a relay that looks exactly like the one I have. A bunch of other Honda DS bikes seems to use to same kind as well.

KLRs seem to also use this type of relay.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,651
bump

Order placed thanks Bill

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmamaandme View Post
Order placed thanks Bill
Parts shipped this morning!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #19
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

Beeper Relays are in. They make a loud beep with each flasher of the turn signal. $9 shipped to the lower 48. $16 if paired with a diode kit. I will get a video up soon so you can hear the beep. See threads above for a description. They look identical (dimension and mounting tab) to the other relay. Just has the added beeping feature.

I am going to run these on my bike for a while.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #20
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

Delayed shipping.

Due to Columbus Day, orders received this weekend did not go out this Tuesday morning.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #21
jonz
Miles are my mantra

Oddometer: 2,169
Hmmmm. I have a KTM 950SE and installed front LED turn signals. The turn signals worked for several months though they flashed rapidly and then quit working (front and rear). I bought a new switch and found that was not the problem. Are you familiar with the type of flasher and diode my KTM uses? It sounds like your kit might fix my problem.
Honda ST1300 ABS (newest addition to the stable)
STOC #326 IBA #217
jonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #22
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

Jonz,

this does not sound like a mechanical vs electronic turn signal relay issue. The fact that your turn signals worked for several months, makes me feel that you blew a fuse, have a short, or have a burnt out turn signal relay.

Do any of the turn signals come on regardless if they are flashing or not?

Short of trying to arm chair trouble shoot your bike, the only part that I could help you with is if your relay is burnt out. Can you locate the relay and see if it looks like the 2 prong one that I am selling. At least that is a start.

I will see if you can come up with anything else.

does this look like your turn signal relay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-TURN-SIG...223599&vxp=mtr
Man that is an expensive little guy.

Based on this wiring diagram your bike uses a 2 wire turn relay

Though your OEM plug will not fit, I believe it will work if you just cut the leads and attach them to the prongs with female spade connecter.

I could not follow the diagram enough to see if this is the type of dash indictor that requires diodes. Have you done any reading on this from the 950 thread? If it is, I would pull the indicator bulb while I was trouble shooting.

That is about all I could dig up for you. Hope this helps.

shoot me a PM if you need a relay.

Curiosity just won't let go.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351157
http://www.justanswer.com/motorcycle...530-exc-r.html
This assume that 950's use the right/left dash indicator system that will require the diodes. Funny that it worked for months, it really shouldn't have.

????

MrPulldown screwed with this post 10-16-2013 at 09:57 AM
MrPulldown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #23
sleazy rider
Squidly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,915
PM sent. Want!
--Tom IBA #41627
Blog
sleazy rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #24
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

I have a confirmed installation on a 93 xr650l. What I have been told is that the relay is a direct replacement. The rubber sleeve that I supply is not the same as OEM. The OEM rubber sleeve offset the bike side mounting tab and the relay mounting tab 90 degrees from each other. The ones I supply has the two slots 180 or 0 apart. Either reuse the OEM one or mount the new relay 90 degrees from stock. This will not hurt the relay.

Rubber mounting sleeve for the Honda is part #8.

MrPulldown screwed with this post 12-12-2013 at 10:10 AM
MrPulldown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #25
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 558
I have a 2008 Husqvarna TE610 which uses an odd pin style flasher relay. I can easily convert to the blade style that you're selling but my uncertainty is in whether I need the diode kit. Can you tell me one way or another and I'll place my order?

I found the wiring diagram: http://linaracing.com/anders/pics/hu...gram-large.jpg
Old 10-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #26
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

I can not tell from the wiring diagram as the dash is just one big black box. But I did a little detective work in the TE-610 thread and those guys think you need it.
" you'll need a diode kit for the dash indicator light too"
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12443
" I needed a solid state flasher relay and diode kit "
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12278

Nice wiring diagram BTW
Old 11-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #27
jonz
Miles are my mantra

Oddometer: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
Jonz,

this does not sound like a mechanical vs electronic turn signal relay issue. The fact that your turn signals worked for several months, makes me feel that you blew a fuse, have a short, or have a burnt out turn signal relay.

Do any of the turn signals come on regardless if they are flashing or not?

Curiosity just won't let go.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351157
http://www.justanswer.com/motorcycle...530-exc-r.html
This assume that 950's use the right/left dash indicator system that will require the diodes. Funny that it worked for months, it really shouldn't have.

????
I had a clutch issue to fix and got that sorted. Now on to the turn signals. I have the 950 Super Enduro and if I read the wiring diagram correctly (the one you gave was for the 950 Adventure) the same wiring that supplies power for the turn signals supplies power for the horn and high beams. Those both work. There is no separate fuse for the turn signals. The Super Enduro does have a diode and a flasher. I just need to dig those out but I'm not sure how to test them. I'll check to make sure I have power to them. I'm not sure how to check the diode and relay to see if it works but I'll figure something out.
Honda ST1300 ABS (newest addition to the stable)
STOC #326 IBA #217
jonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #28
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

Been thinking about your KTM and turn signal relays a bit. Granted this is all while I was driving and have not tested any of this. The two prong relay has a hot side from the bike general 12 volt power. If you probe the wire going to this side with a multi meter and ground the other side to the frame/battery it should read 12. The other wire to the relay is to the turn signals and not a ground. If it doesn't show 12 volts you need to track down this lack of power.

If you do get power, you should be able to bypass the flasher relay altogether, flip on the turn signals and see if they light up. They wouldn't flash but should light up. If it does you have a dead flasher relay.

No guarantees that this does not blow up your bike; I have never done so, but it makes sense.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #29
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

Just read that people have been using electronic flasher relays as a "low" setting for grip heaters. Might have to try this as I have a bunch of relays. The idea is that the relay flashes about 50% of the time in turn supplying the grip heater with 50% of the original amount of juice. This si much better than the ceramic resistor block low setting, that heats up the block and does not save you any power.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #30
MrPulldown OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
Been thinking about your KTM and turn signal relays a bit. Granted this is all while I was driving and have not tested any of this. The two prong relay has a hot side from the bike general 12 volt power. If you probe the wire going to this side with a multi meter and ground the other side to the frame/battery it should read 12. The other wire to the relay is to the turn signals and not a ground. If it doesn't show 12 volts you need to track down this lack of power.

If you do get power, you should be able to bypass the flasher relay altogether, flip on the turn signals and see if they light up. They wouldn't flash but should light up. If it does you have a dead flasher relay.

No guarantees that this does not blow up your bike; I have never done so, but it makes sense.
Just tested this. Works as stated. 2 wires going to the relay. Probe the power side wire and a frame ground =12 volts. Turn on the turn signal. Probe the 2 wires get 12 volts. Short the 2 wires, turn on signal, turn signals should turn on but not flash. You can test if your relay is busted this way.

I have a confirmed install on a KTM 950 ADV. The user had to wire it directly to the prongs of the relay with spade terminals as they have different plugs. But the guts work.