Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #16
gaspipe
Wandering Soul

Oddometer: 11,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynride View Post
So we have to read your 11,000 plus posts but you can't stomach a review of a vendor?

The op is just trying to convey info. Don't be a hater.
Not a hater. Read your PM's.

Hair of the dog....
gaspipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #17
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
We have explained this one a hundred times. The only thing they share is the size of the base of the filter because it was too expensive to have our own exclusive mold made. We have a different foam density specked out for dirt environments. I can promise you we have authority on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynride View Post
Now that is off my chest, why is it that you chime on on every filter thread about the foam density and what the difference is between Rottweiler and ITG? Why don't you contribute something to the conversation rather than make snarky little bitch comments.
Flynride, many thanks for setting me straight, you were so right on your comment. So, here is my contribution, if I may. Today, I spent a fair amount of time on the phone with the ITG manufacturer, asking him the very same thing. His reply was that the two filters are IDENTICAL, same foam density. This is what I was told and this is what I convey here. Unfortunately I lack the funds to purchase the CPR variation to compare with the ITG I already have, so I had to resort to the word of the manufacturer. Of course if you question that contribution, you may of course find out for yourself and probably, extract a better and more accurate information. I hope you do, since it concerns the community pockets and bikes. I will be the first to be happy to be proven wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV Dave View Post
mousitas, you seriously need to go away. your everything that's sh*tty about forums and your not welcome here.
Dave, so many thanks, I love you too. Please, excuse my fixation with wanting to make straight, things I suspect to be wrong.

To the people reading this thread, or any other on that matter:
Please stay assured that I will not place any comment from this point on, on any such discussion. Also excuse me for boring you and/or causing any negative emotions, related or not.

Over and out...

edit.
To the distributor of CPR filters....I have on no occasion ever been unfriendly or performed an ill-willed contact with you, other than questioning your 'authority' in a civil manner. To my book this is good practice, not bad. So, since this is my day of excuses, please be the recipient of one from me. I don't know the reason of it yet, but I'm sure there has to be one! Its also free.

mousitsas screwed with this post 09-20-2013 at 04:03 AM
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #18
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post

Dave, so many thanks, I love you too. Please, excuse my fixation with wanting to make straight, things I suspect to be wrong.

To the people reading this thread, or any other on that matter:
Please stay assured that I will not place any comment from this point on, on any such discussion. Also excuse me for boring you and/or causing any negative emotions, related or not.
keep on contributing, please. while i may not agree with you all the time, i do enjoy having different points of view including the ones you provide.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #19
RedRupert
Brit in the Soviet Union

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV Dave View Post
mousitas, you seriously need to go away. your everything that's sh*tty about forums and your not welcome here.

alongat, you are everything that's great about forums. thank you for taking the time to post this. this is the kind of positivity that brings me back to this forum and learn about the good stuff out there. fantastic.

Why are you and flynride being so tough on mousitas? The above comments are just rude and unnecessary. Or have I missed something - if I have, please would you be kind enough to spell it out?

Thank you.
Yamaha RD 350 LC (1984)
RedRupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #20
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 784
Let me reference post #7 in this thread - I said I don't know what the difference is between the foam element of the CPR kit and the ITG filter and I asked if it matters. Apparently, it does actually matter to some people. If they are the same element, so what? To me, the CPR kit includes:
1- some kind of air filtration element (plus optional additional protection if desired)
2- the other designed / sourced components (base plate, hardware, etc.)
3- access to a proven and successful software map
4- support from an established vendor who also happens to be a nice guy
5- warranty

So I ask again, why does it matter so much if component #1 on my list above is the same or different from ITG? Maybe I'm missing something here...

Enough then - apparently, I am boring people with my "rah rah" and creating chaos elsewhere with others...

Sorry everyone - I will go back into my cave.

And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
alongat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #21
RedRupert
Brit in the Soviet Union

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by alongat View Post
Let me reference post #7 in this thread - I said I don't know what the difference is between the foam element of the CPR kit and the ITG filter and I asked if it matters. Apparently, it does actually matter to some people. If they are the same element, so what? To me, the CPR kit includes:
1- some kind of air filtration element (plus optional additional protection if desired)
2- the other designed / sourced components (base plate, hardware, etc.)
3- access to a proven and successful software map
4- support from an established vendor who also happens to be a nice guy
5- warranty

So I ask again, why does it matter so much if component #1 on my list above is the same or different from ITG? Maybe I'm missing something here...

Enough then - apparently, I am boring people with my "rah rah" and creating chaos elsewhere with others...

Sorry everyone - I will go back into my cave.
Thanks. Don't go back to your cave. But please allow people to ask questions.

This is a worldwide forum, so there will be others with different priorities to your own.

Be glad that your post has attracted interest, but let others have their say.

Don't apologise for being boring - no-one HAS to read what you post.

To spell it out: If one lives in England, for example, they can buy an ITG filter for just 62. The CPR kit will cost 218. There is the question as to weather the induction noise will be acceptable, so one may end out returning to the original set-up after trying CPR/ITG. It's a risk. This is one angle; there will be many others.

Thank you.
Yamaha RD 350 LC (1984)
RedRupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #22
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks guys - again, I am not looking for attention nor am I trying to stir shit. I like Chris at CPR, I like his products so I choose to share my experience so far in the hope that others can also benefit. I do intend to install all three products over the course of the next few days and I did promise to document my installation experience and then my riding experience so hopefully that will add some objectiveness to this discussion in addition to my subjective observations. The truth is that everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of popularity so I don't take offence to anyone or their comments here - as I said earlier, I just want to give back to this forum what I have received from it and all the other contributors.

So...
1- I have a 2012 990R with the Alpina 19/17, stock rear sprocket (42 I think), currently the 16 tooth front sprocket that the R came with although I am going to install my spare 17 tooth (with the 19/17 wheels, installing the 17 tooth up front will effectively give me almost identical results to 16/42 with stock 21/18 wheels). I have done the canisterectomy, have yet to install the SAS bypass plates and resistor. My bike has the factory KTM 2011 Akrapovic map and I am running the Akrapovic non-oval mufflers with baffles out.
2- My intent is to install the SAS, the CPR filter solution and run it with the current Akra map (which is rich as f**k by the way) and see how it goes with the additional air provided by the Rottweiler. If that isn't ideal for me, I will install the PC-V and load CPR's map and test. If that fails for some reason, I will consider either one of the Powertripp maps via TuneECU or a custom dyno tuned map on my PC-V (I have a great local Dynojet tuner who I have used before - even for individual cylinder tuning).
3- I will install the CPR doghouse and quick-snap glovebox bracket and report my findings / experience
4- future aspirations may also include the CPR header / mid-pipe system but I need to work with Chris to determine if that would be compatible with my Akras since I do NOT intend to get rid of them - if not, maybe we can collaborate on a one-off that could potentially become a mainstream offering if Chris determines that there is in fact a market for that.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,441
FWIW,

I have just done my first 100 miles with the CPR filter and the seat-of-the-pants dyno is happy. And I LOVE the induction noise! Reminds me of my 660 Rally....

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #24
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,378
Mine's supposed to be here today

I have a 2010 and I am wondering why you'd run the akra instead of the map from CPR?

Although, the really neat thing about TuneEcu is that it literally takes moments to change maps, so I guess you could try em both!

SA
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #25
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Before the Akra pipes, I had the Leo Vince and I didn't want to run them without a tune, etc so when I took my bike in for an oil change, I got them to install the Akra map as something to have. I had intended all along to use the CPR map or custom tune but wanted to wait until I got the SAS bypass, the air box, etc done first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycatdad View Post
Mine's supposed to be here today

I have a 2010 and I am wondering why you'd run the akra instead of the map from CPR?

Although, the really neat thing about TuneEcu is that it literally takes moments to change maps, so I guess you could try em both!

SA

Old 09-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #26
boat.man
Chief bottle washer

Oddometer: 163
This thread has NOTHING To do with foam density or the price of this or that in Europe! The OP was simply trying to convey an experience he had with this particular vendor! nothing more nothing less!

Okay rant over!

I met Chris for the first time at the KTM rally. I have been running his intake all summer and purchased the Quick release glovebox bracket from him at the rally. Chris was also kind enough to share one of his custom maps that he transferred into tune ecu for an 07 990 adventure. The craftsmanship of his products is outstanding! He is very knowledgeable about the LC8 engine and what it takes to make it run correctly. I had been running an akro map in my 990. But now with his custom map the fueling is much smoother and the fuel economy seems to be improved. Chris is a standup guy and is very passionate about what he does and making exceptional products! The fact that he is providing custom maps that he invested a lot of time and money into for free on his website speaks volumes about what type of businessman he is.
2 sleds
lets go play!!
boat.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #27
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Amen - that Akra map not only runs rich and sucks up fuel like there's no tomorrow, it also creates vibes / roughness that I don't like. I'll install the air intake and get the CPR map loaded ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat.man View Post
This thread has NOTHING To do with foam density or the price of this or that in Europe! The OP was simply trying to convey an experience he had with this particular vendor! nothing more nothing less!

Okay rant over!

I met Chris for the first time at the KTM rally. I have been running his intake all summer and purchased the Quick release glovebox bracket from him at the rally. Chris was also kind enough to share one of his custom maps that he transferred into tune ecu for an 07 990 adventure. The craftsmanship of his products is outstanding! He is very knowledgeable about the LC8 engine and what it takes to make it run correctly. I had been running an akro map in my 990. But now with his custom map the fueling is much smoother and the fuel economy seems to be improved. Chris is a standup guy and is very passionate about what he does and making exceptional products! The fact that he is providing custom maps that he invested a lot of time and money into for free on his website speaks volumes about what type of businessman he is.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
Dude, that's so not-cool. WTF are you thinking?

Old 09-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #29
Kafn8td
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Put him on ignore and be done with it.
Kafn8td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #30
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,302
I just got my quick remove glove box thingy ma jingy installed today from CPR.

Very nice and gonna be 10 times easier to service the air cleaner. I think it elimanated 12 screws that you have to currently remove. The only problem I had was the little 3mm screws for the latch were too short.