Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #31
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by alongat View Post
Dude, that's so not-cool. WTF are you thinking?
For those who don't know, sporting wood is the direct competition to CPR (and some would say he stole the idea/concept) so I suspect whatever it was was not intended as a compliment.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #32
AdvRonski
They call me......Ronski

Oddometer: 682
You know, I think it's great you guys like Chris and his products. And that you want to rant on and on about them. But I don't understand why you feel you have to attack people who have questions and concerns about his products and possible alternatives.
Chris must have a lot of personal charisma, and maybe we would all be very impressed if we had a chance to meet him in person.
But my experience with him, after purchasing one of his first 950 filter kits was, quite frankly, terrible. There was no help with jetting, no installation instructions, and when I had a fitment issue, he was rude, dismissive, and very unprofessional. All this after spending close to $400 on his products.
Sporting Wood, ( another Chris), has always been extremely helpful to me, with jetting suggestions and support, even though I didn't spend a dime on his product.
Maybe you should admit that you simply lack experience on this forum, and spend more time listening to others instead of insulting them.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #33
flynride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRonski View Post
You know, I think it's great you guys like Chris and his products. And that you want to rant on and on about them. But I don't understand why you feel you have to attack people who have questions and concerns about his products and possible alternatives.
Chris must have a lot of personal charisma, and maybe we would all be very impressed if we had a chance to meet him in person.
But my experience with him, after purchasing one of his first 950 filter kits was, quite frankly, terrible. There was no help with jetting, no installation instructions, and when I had a fitment issue, he was rude, dismissive, and very unprofessional. All this after spending close to $400 on his products.
Sporting Wood, ( another Chris), has always been extremely helpful to me, with jetting suggestions and support, even though I didn't spend a dime on his product.
Maybe you should admit that you simply lack experience on this forum, and spend more time listening to others instead of insulting them.
If I remember correctly, your the guy who installed the top of the filter incorrectly and snapped the tabs....then called and complained that your filter was defective. I'm pretty sure CPR gave you the same instructions as the rest of us and none of us snapped the tabs. Use your brain next time.

I think everyone here knows that CPR is a high end fabrication shop. There is no debating that fact. I have personally watched him make the most beautiful exhaust I have ever seen. Who else here has developed a full exhaust for an LC8? He takes immense pride in his work and they make a great product as a result of the passion.

Most people who come into contact with CPR are passionate about speaking up for him and his products because the guy is extremely helpful and has a ton of moto knowledge. I have heard him say at least ten times, that more than anything he loves to sit down with LC8 owners and brainstorm a solution for the issue of the day. As an example, CPR is the one who has dedicated endless hours to figuring out multiple maps for Tune ECU and PC. In addition to the maps developed, he will explain to you how they work, why they work that way and how he made them. I don't see anyone else doing this at the drop of a hat like he does.

CPR is the kind of company we need to make high end products for our beloved motos. Some people would rather save a buck and go with the average knock off products for their bikes, but not me. I will spend the extra time and money to buy a high quality product because I know there is years of knowledge behind that product and I will always have access to that development information.

In the end, everyone has their own opinions and thoughts. What we need as an ADV community is guys like CPR, Wolfman, Klim, Touratech, ETC. We need passionate, high quality craftsmanship that these companies bring to the ADV table. We need "outside the box" thinking and development of new products to stoke our passion of ADV motorcycles. I say, if you are not helping to build this ADV community and carry on the product development that goes with ADV, then your just fodder on the wall. Make a contribution to the community rather than slide through just trying to make a buck.

This is where I stand.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:49 AM   #34
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,198
haha...this is going all out Facebook

Its an airfilter. Choose whatever you want.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #35
AdvRonski
They call me......Ronski

Oddometer: 682
Jeez, what is wrong with you, flynride?
I get that you have no mechanical ability, other than being able to pull your credit card out of your wallet, but that is not the case with everyone here.
I'm the guy who didn't receive any instructions with my CPR filter, and asked a question about how it fit. No broken tabs.
I'm the guy who wasn't impressed with the available skidplates, so I built my own, and posted plenty of info for others about it here.
I'm the guy who wasn't impressed with the ADV Tank and it's mounting system, so I built my own tank, and posted plenty of info for others here.
I'm the guy who wasn't that impressed with the available radiator guards, so I built my own. And then built a second one that worked better, and posted plenty of info for others here.
I'm the guy who didn't want to shell out 900 bucks for and updated swingarm, so I updated mine myself. ( That one made it into the HOW, for everyone's benefit.)
I'm the guy who wanted a better controller for my heated grips, so I built one myself, and posted the info here.
But, really, that thing you can do with plastic is pretty impressive, too.

AdvRonski screwed with this post 09-21-2013 at 06:58 AM
AdvRonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #36
Maoule
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
Speaking of filters...can we put one on this thread?
Maoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #37
DuctTape
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
I have a cpr and really like it.

I also like my MWR on my Aprilia RSV4 and Ducati 1198S. Come to think of it, I also like the Rally Raid filter on my 690 and the Volant intake and nano fiber air filter on both my trucks.

Hmmmmm, does this make me bad, a hater or am I just wishy washy?

P.S I also like the K&N I installed on the engine breather hose when I blocked off the CPR base Plate...................yup I'm just wishy washy.
2010 Ducati 1198S
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #38
skidxr
Excuses

Oddometer: 376
Does anyone have a link to this quick release glove box thing???
Old 09-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #39
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/

Old 09-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #40
Lc8grrr
Vtwin madness

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
FWIW,

I have just done my first 100 miles with the CPR filter and the seat-of-the-pants dyno is happy. And I LOVE the induction noise! Reminds me of my 660 Rally....
Nooo much better sounding than my Rally although I have a homemade one of the other ones... thinks its a V8 now I really don't know how anyone could NOT like the induction music! and It wants to wheely on different dirt sections instead of spinup as before. Nearly caught me out a few times so far..
Old 09-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #41
StevefrmGV
MotoBro's RetroCycle's

Oddometer: 397
FYI ; Caution

Doing some post rally maintenance I found the CPR base plate was not seated against the plastic cab body extension on the front cylinder. This left a gap where unfiltered air was being ingested. Air with dirt. This was caused by the crankcase breather return hose putting too much upward pressure on the plastic plate,warping the base. This was my fault for not trimming the hose to elimination any pressure on the plate. I recommend doing a careful fit with your tanks off so you can see the fit is correct. It would also be a good time to replace the large rubber sealing rings the plate seats on.
The CPR filter is a very good modification and after jetting on a dyno, the results were very positive. I have a very noticeable gain of close to 10 hp with a corresponding gain in grin factor.
I met Chris at the Rally and found him to be very knowegable and a true enthusiast for the sport. Im sure we will see more products from him.
Steve
Old 09-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #42
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Chris,

I met you in Steamboat and was very impressed with ALL of your products and your knowledge and passion.

That being said, the manner in which the "intake" threads have meandered around since the Rally has been confusing, but in my heart I just had a feeling that the truth was out there somewhere. Thank you for sharing the above information and thank you for the professional manner in which you have posted.

Others can flame ME if you want, but I will be purchasing my new intake from Rottweiler Performance. And before the stones are thrown, I work very hard for my money and am not in a position to simply rip out the credit card and make indiscriminate purchases at will. I research purchases for quite awhile prior to purchase, and I get what I want after saving for what I want. I am seldom dissatisfied with my purchases and have learned that quality usually costs more up front, but is not often more costly in the long run.