ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
sieg OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,724
Phbr (MO)

PUCKY HUDDLE BREAKFAST RUN – Sept 20th & 21th 2014

The main track is completely on public roads to the best of my knowledge. It should all be rideable by a below average rider on a big ass bike (or even a big ass rider on a below average bike) LOL. To the best of my knowledge, these are all legal roads. The “B”ig “B”oy sections, on the other hand, are probably a big challenge for a below average rider on a big bike. Although a decent rider on a big bike or even a novice rider on a small bike should be able to do it. Do not try them alone. These sections are not all on public roads and I don’t guarantee any of them to be legal; These sections are not all on public roads and I don’t guarantee any of them to be legal; (understand?) All I can say is I have rode them all many times and they don’t go through any gates and they don’t go past any signs saying keep out, road closed, no trespassing, etc. But that can change! You are on your own here guys and gals. BTW, my wife and I will be riding all of these.
The track is a loop so you can start and end anywhere you want. But it would be stupid to run it the other direction on this weekend, IMHO.
No start time, ride your own ride. It took experienced riders, doing all the “BB’s” all day to finish it, so don’t be surprised if you have to short cut. Know when to say when.
Sunday is approximately 196 miles. Saturday is approximately 192 miles. Taking the Big Boy Sections may add or subtract from your total mileage. The longest mileage between gas is 116 miles. This is the first section on Saturday morning, so be sure to top your tank off for Saturday morning. Most bikes should make this. A KTM 500EXC, Yamaha WR250R, & Yamaha XT 250 all with stock tanks have made it. You could go into Viburnum and top off again at checkpoint "need gas?", if you are really worried, because the track is not too far from Viburnum at that point.
Warning - For those of you that have some of my earlier tracks from last year, or the pre-ride and laying out of this course, things have changed, please do not use those tracks on this weekend; some of them went through private and sensitive areas. You can get by riding that stuff with a couple of bikes at a time, in the middle of the week, but running 50+ bikes through them on a weekend will bring bad karma to this ride and a bad image to motorcyclists in general. PLEASE, if you are riding this ride, on this weekend, use the tracks that I am currently posting here.

Waypoint, Track and Camp Ground info

Microtel Inn & Suites -St. Genevieve, MO - this is the motel at the Sat. finish/Sun. start.
Triangle Inn -Cheaper motel near the Microtel.
Motel/Parking - this is Regency Inn at Intersection of Interstate 55 & MO J & N - Ozora truck stop.
Camp or Motel? - Bixby – you need to go to the appropriate route at this point whether you are staying at the motel or camping. Bridget closes at 6 PM so get there in time if you are planning to eat there.
Motel Friday. – Viburnum – Miner’s Inn – they close at 2 PM, so the restaurant will not be open and you need to make prior arrangements to get your room key. If you are staying here you can come to the MTRA camp to socialize Friday night, 7 miles. Warning: Sharon gets all PO’ed if you take the chairs outside the rooms, and the police don’t want you drinking in the parking lot, stay under the motel overhang. Can you guess how I know this?
Camp - MTRA Club Grounds - $5.00 per person to camp; you need to sign a release/waiver when you get there, look for Curt or Barb, they may be camped at the shelter out front, or in the campground toy-hauler with white Chevy truck. The campground is past the big shelter/storage containers take the road to the right into the woods. Pack it in/pack it out; they do not have trash service. No electric hookups. They do have a hot shower and flush toilets. Electricity in bathrooms for shaving/blow dryers; and plenty of water. Keep fires in fire rings, put them out if they are unattended. (They’ve already had 2 fires, one spread to 500+ acres of F.S. ground so they aren’t happy with them.) Don’t throw cans and trash that won’t burn in fire. Shelters and concrete pads are for group use – DO NOT SET UP CAMP OR PARK BIKES ON THEM. The johns and shower will be open when I get there Thursday. And they will be open till I leave Tuesday or Wednesday! Behave, leave the showers, johns and camp as you found it or better, they don't have to let us use their facility, and some poor volunteer doesn't need to be picking up after you!
Sat. Start – Saturday’s main track starts here. You need to use the appropriate “from motel” or “from camp” track to get to this point.
Dillard Mill & Shut-In & Waterfall - These are sights that are worth the walk.
See Dillard Mill start & See shut-in start – At these points, you need to bring up the appropriate track.
Great view – Stop and look around.
Swiming Hole & Swimming Hole - Local swimming holes.
Train Tunnel – Smallest train tunnel in Missouri.
Creek - Creek Street – St. Genevieve, MO. The street actually runs down the creek.
Slick, Slick Crick & Slick Snot X3 - Caution. You were warned. These are slick.
Gas “X” - The gas waypoints are gas stations that are where you would not obviously expect them in the small towns. (Same with “food” waypoints, and I have personally eaten at the ones marked, so they won’t poison you.) All the bigger towns have gas and food so these marked waypoints are not the only gas and food along the route. All the gas stations have some sort of food also.
Food1 - Fredericktown. A good Mexican Restaurant at this waypoint, but there are other places also.
Food2 - Annapolis. Nice little restaurant.
Food3 - Lesterville. Redneck restaurant on left is where I eat. Motel restaurant across the street.
Food4 - Belgrade. Restaurant is 2 buildings down past the gas station on left.
Food5 - Caledonia. BBQ restaurant is where I have eaten. There is also another restaurant a few doors down.
Start BB “X” - At these you need to bring up the appropriate numbered track if you are doing the “Big Boy” sections.
End BB “X” – At these you need to go back to the main track.
BB1 It’s just a creek crossing with BIG slick rocks.
BB2 Has a DEEP creek crossing, if it rains nobody will make that. Sign says "Road Closed" but last time I was there it wasn't.
BB3 Not hard, (IMHO) an average rider on a big bike or half ass rider on a little bike should make it.
BB4 It has a couple technical spots, if you don’t want to scratch that pretty bike stay away. Do walk 100 ft. to the waterfall if you do ride it.
BB5Washed out downhill, gnarly uphill, couple logs to cross. Come on GS’er go for it.
BB6 Washed out uphill, couple mud holes, (that may be dried up).
BB7 This one’s great, over grown, to the point it will take more than a GPS to even find it. Washed out downhill, loose rock creek crossing, big drop off. (Who really is a Big Boy?)
BB8 If the gate ain’t locked (it never is) no problem, when it gets to the main road, it ain’t over, cross the road and jump the rock piles, go big and you can double the rock piles.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx PHBR '14 final T&W.gpx (1.41 MB, 150 views)

Current bikes F800GS-EXCF350-Versys-690R-RZ350

sieg screwed with this post 09-14-2014 at 07:37 AM
sieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Sportbike711
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Wooo Hoooo!!!!

Thanks for all the hard work you put into these! Excellent..
Sportbike711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
r11mja
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Am I the only one having problems with the short tracks? will not open in mapsource. Says it is not a valid Mapsource file. the big one opens but is to big for my gps.

r11mja screwed with this post 09-22-2013 at 07:17 PM Reason: edit
r11mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 658
hell, my gpx file wont open, wtf! phuking computer...
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by r11mja View Post
Am I the only one having problems with the short tracks? will not open in mapsource. Says it is not a valid Mapsource file. the big one opens but is to big for my gps.
Both of them opened fine for me using Mapsource.

If there are too many tracks----you could delete ones you know you won't use----I deleted several that I knew I wouldn't use.

Also---------mapsource will reduce the number of track points in a track to whatever you want using the track filter in the track properties dialogue.

I actually made a route out of the whole thing------and don't even need the tracks---but I loaded them anyway.

BigDog
2013 Husky 650 TR650 Terra

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 09-22-2013 at 08:07 PM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
CMAdv109
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Thanks Sieg! Tracks loaded and I think I'm going to ride part of "Day 2" tomorrow after work. Hope to see some of y'all along the trail Saturday.
CMAdv109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
r11mja
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post
Both of them opened fine for me using Mapsource.

Also---------mapsource will reduce the number of track points in a track to whatever you want using the track filter in the track properties dialogue.

BigDog

I will give this a try and see if it works. Thanks BD!
r11mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
$hane
n00b

Is this the same map you took last weekend? Looks very different, and with only 11 views I'm thinking this has been updated to a pg version. Does anyone have an original they can share? Trying to head that way tomorrow with 3 bikes, any info is hugely appreciated.
$hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #9
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hane View Post
Is this the same map you took last weekend? Looks very different, and with only 11 views I'm thinking this has been updated to a pg version. Does anyone have an original they can share? Trying to head that way tomorrow with 3 bikes, any info is hugely appreciated.

The file isn't a map at all $hane-----------it's a track log.

This is the original file and it does not need updated.

It is the route we used.

I've been working with these kind of files for a very long time --------never heard "pg" version before.

I'm guessing you don't have the proper software (and maybe gps) to open the file properly and use it.

BigDog
Old 10-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
$hane
n00b

Quote:
The file isn't a map at all $hane-----------it's a track log.

This is the original file and it does not need updated.

It is the route we used.

I've been working with these kind of files for a very long time --------never heard "pg" version before.

I'm guessing you don't have the proper software (and maybe gps) to open the file properly and use it.

BigDog
No we can view the routes that was my bad choice of terminology.

The route doesn't look like your video route is our dilemma. It's more of a highway loops start to finish.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #11
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hane View Post
No we can view the routes that was my bad choice of terminology.

The route doesn't look like your video route is our dilemma. It's more of a highway loops start to finish.
The actual route we rode on the pre-ride went to places not on the official ride (the video).

And......we rode things on the actual ride that we didn't on the pre-ride.

BigDog
Old 10-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #12
$hane
n00b

Quote:
The actual route we rode on the pre-ride went to places not on the official ride (the video).

And......we rode things on the actual ride that we didn't on the pre-ride.

BigDog
Ok mystery solved lol thank you. seig has been kind enough to point us to the poker run there over the weekend.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #13
rjharris
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
What is the best file to download to a Garmin 376C? A GDB file or GPX file?

Thanks!
rjharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #14
sieg OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,724
IDK. Done it both with good results, on a Zuno and Oregon. I know a Zumo likes routes better than tracks. Some of those track files may be too big for a 376. You can convert from a track to a route and filter too a smaller file via BaceCamp, BTW.

Current bikes F800GS-EXCF350-Versys-690R-RZ350

sieg screwed with this post 09-15-2014 at 03:10 PM
sieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #15
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,383
Either works RJ. The files upload the same. I don't think you will have issues with track points either.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote