Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #331
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,071
I'll read your book. Thank you for the heartfelt story you've already presented. It's appreciated.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #332
Louis Wambsganss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiya View Post
The second is a different kind of adventure. I've been writing a lot this year, and I've decided to pull it all together and release it as an e-book. (An eeek! of a different kind.) I don't have any history as a writer - didn't start writing until after the accident. I just needed a place to put everything that was inside - so it didn't eat me from the inside out. Writing was a wonderful outlet. It's a collection of essays about life since the accident.
Candiya
I'm not a writer either, but you have a superb writing style. And also impeccable spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It is very easy to read, comprehend, and empathize with.

Good luck with your book and all other ventures. Let us know when it is available.
Louis Wambsganss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #333
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 749
Hi Candiya!
I as well feel down emotionally at these times. I think part of it is the shortened days and cold weather in the winter months. I look forward to spring with longer days and warmer weather. Two years ago I took a trip to Cancun and sat on the beach. It was wonderful doing the Tourist thing and getting away from the cold for a while. I wish I had thought of renting a bike while I was down there! Go and have some fun in the Sun and blow those winter doldrums away!!!

Best Regards....just jeff

P.S. I would love to read your book when it is available. Will it be released on Kobo or Amazon?
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #334
KeithTurk
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 737
I enjoyed the report, especially the integrity... I'm sure much of that was a repeat emotionally...

You and Mark need to do a ride together and write about it...
KeithTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #335
geolpilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Book is a great idea. Your writing is wonderful!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
geolpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #336
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,893
Great ride report. Thank you for sharing.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #337
StevenF
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Hi Candiya, hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year! I spend a few days reading through the entirety of your ride report and I am so glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. I am so sorry for your loss and can't even begin to comprehend what you have been through and how hard it must be to "move on" (I hate those words).

Thank for your sharing your ride report and look forward to reading your next one!
StevenF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #338
ruffntuff
TUFRDR

Oddometer: 109
Motorcycles Heal!

It is amazing how healing motorcycles really are. I too made a similar journey a couple summers ago now, hard to believe. I'm still working on my ride report. Ha!

My brother was killed on his motorcycle by a drunk driver. My journey was also inspired by "Ghost Rider." A friend gave it to me after he died. And since then I have also read "Wild" and was comforted to read about how another person like myself could manage living through the horrors we all eventually experience in life.

For me, it's adventure. Traveling, seeing the world, meeting new people, challenging myself, exhausting myself, and feeling love. Loss and grief put me in a place where I didn't want to live anymore. Learning to love again has been hard. But motorcycles sure helped me come out of it.

The pain hasn't really gone away, people always say it gets easier with time. I don't think that it's easier, I just know how to live with it now so it doesn't consume me. I still have those random moments too when I fall apart, actually I broke down in the dentist chair too just a few months after Dan died. But those moments are fewer and far between I guess. Sometimes just the right song will come on at just the right time and I smile when it used to make me cry.

Thank you for your story. I'm always proud to hear of others journeys, especially one so special like this.

Hope you are well. Be kind to yourself.

Anna
Old 03-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #339
bbanker
Klrista

Oddometer: 43
Thumb Yup

I would read both of your books, both of your stories have been inspirational.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #340
Uke
visualist

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffntuff View Post
. . . .

The pain hasn't really gone away, . . . I just know how to live with it now so it doesn't consume me.

. . . .
It's called coping. . . . and living.

Something both Candiya and Anna have shown many here how it is done, and done well!

Spock: Live long and prosper.
Uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #341
Candiya OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffntuff View Post
It is amazing how healing motorcycles really are. I too made a similar journey a couple summers ago now, hard to believe. I'm still working on my ride report. Ha!

My brother was killed on his motorcycle by a drunk driver. My journey was also inspired by "Ghost Rider." A friend gave it to me after he died. And since then I have also read "Wild" and was comforted to read about how another person like myself could manage living through the horrors we all eventually experience in life.

For me, it's adventure. Traveling, seeing the world, meeting new people, challenging myself, exhausting myself, and feeling love. Loss and grief put me in a place where I didn't want to live anymore. Learning to love again has been hard. But motorcycles sure helped me come out of it.

The pain hasn't really gone away, people always say it gets easier with time. I don't think that it's easier, I just know how to live with it now so it doesn't consume me. I still have those random moments too when I fall apart, actually I broke down in the dentist chair too just a few months after Dan died. But those moments are fewer and far between I guess. Sometimes just the right song will come on at just the right time and I smile when it used to make me cry.

Thank you for your story. I'm always proud to hear of others journeys, especially one so special like this.

Hope you are well. Be kind to yourself.

Anna
Anna, thank you so much. Your ride report was recommended to me by one of the readers of this thread, and I found it very inspiring. (And very well written.)

Everything that you wrote about adventuring resonated with me. Motorcycles have been a vehicle of healing for me as well.

Overall, I think that things are getting easier for me. The general trend is upward. But there are still moments or periods of time where it's difficult. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who's cried in the dentist chair!

I hope you are healing too. Thank you again for reaching out.
Candiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #342
Candiya OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbanker View Post
I would read both of your books, both of your stories have been inspirational.
Thanks, bbanker. I'm making progress. Just have to buckle down and edit, edit, edit!
Candiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #343
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer: 7,252
Candiya, that was a well written and heartfelt ride report. I don't usually read r+r's much (I spend way too much time on Advrider already!) But since yours was linked with Anna's I thought I'd check it out. I think your helping others cope. I hope your healing process continues.

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote