Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #16
tx246 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Pack your Crap and meet us on I40. I was invited but the guy that did the inviting was Matt Coleman. He was on the Mena ride on the Honda. I'm so dumb. I can't keep up with who I've been riding with. I recruit as I was invited but I'm sure Matt would of given you the thumbs. up
tx246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #17
tx246 OP
Adventurer

OK. I admit it has been a looong break but I am back to finish this thing.

So I got my boots off and Noel and I are chilling out and thinking about getting a fire going when I hear someone kick a dog. A loud yelp like when you step on a dogs tail. Sounds a 100 yards away. Thats strange. Off in the distance behind us I hear an elk bugle way off in the distance. We are yaking about the day and I hear that dog being abused several more times. Out of the corner of my eye I see legs which turn into this.

Noel got up and got his phone when it was just legs. He stepped out at 33 yards. Even I could of got him with the stick and string at that range. That bull did a 180 and made the timber in no time. It was only then that the dog abuse was being made by the cows that he was looking for. Pretty exciting stuff. Got that close and didnt have any camo on or nothing. The rest of the evening was quiet and we built a little fire to keep us company.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #18
tx246 OP
Adventurer

Get up and break camp. Im eying my tank. Sure wish we didnt have that 16 mile detour yesterday. The morning is clear and crisp and we make tracks for Lake City.

Noels pic in the same spot.

We start to see a few bikes heading east. As the morning progresses we come to a portion of ATV trail that is not far from Lake City. The fuel is now pretty much on one side of the tank if you know what I mean. I know if I get to the highway I can coast the last 10 miles off Slumgulion if I have to. We head off down the trail but take a break after a nasty little hill. I look down and see my chain slider hanging there. Not good. I get off to check it out. Seems the bolt is stripped. We rig it with baling wire which lasted 2 seconds. Decided to go back to the road at this point. Made it to the highway and leaned over on the knobbies all the way to town. Went to the powersports business on the end of town but didnt have any hardware so they referred us to the hardware store.

Folks at the hardware store are great and I do my best to patch er up. Off to go eat at Lunch at Poker Alice. We are the first ones there but it wasnt long before the swarm showed up. Lots of the swarm are on bikes. Seems the Rally is up in Steamboat this year and everybody is enroute. Somebody asked us which way we were going and I told them Stoney Pass to Silverton. He mentioned the creek might be high with all the rain they had been getting. I didnt think of that so I hurried up and did some thinkin on that. The creek in question is closer to Sliverton than Lake City. We changed the route and decided to head to Silverton via Cinnamon Pass instead. That means missing TR 821. Crap. Turns out it was a good plan.

We sat on the side of the road and let the storm pass.

tx246 screwed with this post 11-11-2013 at 06:32 PM
Old 10-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #19
ibGoinAJ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Man I want to see the rest of this! Are you going to do a RR on the last trip Gene?