Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #151
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
Looks like "domestic terrorism" to me. I can't believe the police allow them to gather & act like that. You can see other videos they've posted of doing this kind of crap on a regular basis. I can't believe we are seeing this in the USA.

Where are the Dump Truck Drivers when you need em' ??

I think a dozen dump trucks could destroy their 80%+ of their toys in a few minutes. I'd love to watch that video!!

Now how is a dump truck going to chase down a pack of bikes?? In a crowded city at that!

Also for all of you keyboard cowboys saying you would have wiped out 90% of them HA! Bet you would have got no more than 4 or 5 . It's easy to take em out when your intentions are not well known. After you take the first few down, the rest would have still followed, albeit further back, and waited for you to get stuck in traffic, your not going to run over cars and trucks with a RR, not very far anyway, this is NYC not Podunk Iowa, and you would still get an ass beatin. Remember there were probably several hundred bikes

What I would have done stayed on the highway and try to keep moving even if I have to drive on shredded tires or rims, even at 20 mph not much they can do. Stay on the phone with 911 have the wife call them and claim they have guns and are shooting, nothing will get the NYC Police there faster.
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #152
RideDualSport.com
TPB all the way

Oddometer: 1,486
Alaska Deep Adventure
RideDualSport.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #153
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,704
guy ran over a bunch of bikes and riders from a dead stop. without warning and without cause except the pussy "feared for his life" for no reason, really

what happened before? not sure. but no way is a person going to flee the scene of an accident like that, creating even more havoc, and not deserve an ass kicking of some kind

this is essentially what i have gathered up to this point. riders on the road, guy enters into their space, guy is being a bit aggressive so one rider tries to slow him, he hits rider

all stop and the riders are going to make sure he stays put until cops arrive. he panicks and floors his big, ugly SUV taking even more riders out as he speeds away and mows them down without warning

what a pussy
Old 10-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #154
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
Now how is a dump truck going to chase down a pack of bikes?? In a crowded city at that!

Also for all of you keyboard cowboys saying you would have wiped out 90% of them HA! Bet you would have got no more than 4 or 5 . It's easy to take em out when your intentions are not well known. After you take the first few down, the rest would have still followed, albeit further back, and waited for you to get stuck in traffic, your not going to run over cars and trucks with a RR, not very far anyway, this is NYC not Podunk Iowa, and you would still get an ass beatin. Remember there were probably several hundred bikes.
It looked to me like Lien was trying NOT to hurt a lot of the idiot riders. Besides, he didn't have to run over cars or trucks. He still had the option of throwing it in reverse and backing over motos. A desperate mofo can keep a powerful 4WD moving, even in a crowded city, if they're just willing to sacrifice others for their own safety. Lien was driving pretty damned compassionately, IMO. A Range Rover will also easily go over a curb, even with 4 flat tires. He could have done a LOT more damage to those idiot riders, especially the ones right on his 6 and riding alongside. After a rider initiated aggression, and especially after somebody tried opening the doors where my children or spouse were, I would have probably gone full retard to stay moving until the cops showed up...and one should really NEVER go full retard.

Cowboy? You're damned right. Let's see what your attitude is after you've had a mob of 30+ skinheads try to violently pull you out of your vehicle. The last one hanging on finally figured out that he couldn't run 30MPH+ when I shifted to 2nd.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #155
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

kommando did you not see the vid of the SUV guy flooring the truck from a dead stop, taking down all in his path? how much more damage need he do for his fear?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #156
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClone View Post
guy ran over a bunch of bikes and riders from a dead stop. without warning and without cause except the pussy "feared for his life" for no reason, really

what happened before? not sure. but no way is a person going to flee the scene of an accident like that, creating even more havoc, and not deserve an ass kicking of some kind

this is essentially what i have gathered up to this point. riders on the road, guy enters into their space, guy is being a bit aggressive so one rider tries to slow him, he hits rider

all stop and the riders are going to make sure he stays put until cops arrive. he panicks and floors his big, ugly SUV taking even more riders out as he speeds away and mows them down without warning

what a pussy
They were obstructing the public way illegally, much like bandits or insurgents do. I'm actually surprised that MORE cagers don't plow idiot bikers that block roads like this.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #157
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

but its not blocking the road? "illegally?" thats weird sort of logic. no one accuses bigger vehicles of blocking the road when moving slow or jamming things up. and when drivers don't like it they don't go slamming into other cars or trucks

do riders not have a right / privilege to space on the road? can we help it if it freaks some out? if we are 1 or 100 in number, we have our space and can occupy it as we see fit, right?

traffic is moving, and riders are riding
Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #158
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
but its not blocking the road? thats weird sort of logic. no one accuses bigger vehicles of blocking the road. and when drivers don't like it they don't go slamming into other cars or trucks

do riders not have a right / privilege to space on the road? can we help it if it freaks some out? if we are 1 or 100 in number, we have our space and can occupy it as we see fit, right?
Wrong
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #159
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
kommando did you not see the vid of the SUV guy flooring the truck from a dead stop, taking down all in his path? how much more damage need he do for his fear?
I saw him plow at least one that was preventing a clear path, but didn't see him seemingly target others. He even swerved to avoid several that would have been easy targets.

Why did the riders not just follow behind and wait for the cops to join in? Why pull alongside while rolling, and then pull in front when the guy stopped? Were they stupid enough to think that the SUV couldn't just drive over even MORE bikes or riders? It's not like the SUV was going to outrun sportbikes in city traffic either.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #160
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Wrong
how is it "wrong?"

can't we ride how we like as long as we are in our lane and not being reckless. if 20 motorcycles are riding in formation and a BIGGER vehicle cannot pass this vehicle now says they are being "blocked" and because bikes are small THEY will just....bust on through?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #161
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
I saw him plow at least one that was preventing a clear path, but didn't see him seemingly target others. He even swerved to avoid several that would have been easy targets.

Why did the riders not just follow behind and wait for the cops to join in? Why pull alongside while rolling, and then pull in front when the guy stopped? Were they stupid enough to think that the SUV couldn't just drive over even MORE bikes or riders? It's not like the SUV was going to outrun sportbikes in city traffic either.
well it needs to be worked out, i suppose. but as riders and for some of you....drivers....i know many of you YOU would have handled your fear differently

i know i would have. i mean....sheesh!

it seems this guy helped cause to happen what he feared was going to happen. and it did!. because of his actions he got beat up, really
Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #162
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
how is it "wrong?"

can't we ride how we like as long as we are in our lane and not being reckless. if 20 motorcycles are riding in formation and a BIGGER vehicle cannot pass this vehicle now says they are being "blocked" and because bikes are small THEY will just....bust on through?
That's not what happened in the video.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #163
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
but its not blocking the road? "illegally?" thats weird sort of logic. no one accuses bigger vehicles of blocking the road when moving slow or jamming things up. and when drivers don't like it they don't go slamming into other cars or trucks

Many of those riders shouldn't have even been operating their motos on a public road, so no, they DON'T have a right/privilege to space on the road.

Deliberately cutting off other traffic, deliberately slowing or blocking other traffic, not using signals...these are all illegal too, in most states.

Drivers of bigger vehicles are also ticketed for cutting off other traffic and brake-checking like the idiot that got bumped.

Walking up to the SUV in anything more aggressive than a sheepish manner with your license and insurance CLEARLY out in your hand, with all those other riders around, and after riding like that idiot did, is asking to get your ass plowed by a Range Rover size 265/65-R17, IMO.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #164
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Quote:
how is it "wrong?"

People in cars try blocking/menacing/attacking me and my family like that, I'm likely to ram their cars out of the way too, or die trying.

You don't think those riders were being reckless, before OR after the bump? They weren't blocking traffic unnecessarily after the bump, creating an even more dangerous situation? They weren't menacing other traffic or Lien before or after the bump? Were ANY of the riders observing any kind of lane etiquette that is supposedly the legal standard in NYS? Do you think any of them have ever heard the phrase "safe following distance"?

Kommando screwed with this post 10-01-2013 at 10:26 PM
Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #165
caryder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
Quote:

Are you being obtuse on purpose? Ignoring it was a bike gang... Bike break checks RR. RR hits bike. RR stops. Bikers slash tires and attempt to enter vehicle. At that point RR has every reason to flee. Bikes continue to pursue and ultimately assault RR, which is exactly why he had every reason to flee. Morons post their idiocy on Internet for the rest of the world to see their stupidity. Justice is served.

Chuck
2003 Kawasaki KDX220R
1976 Yamaha RD400C
caryder is offline   Reply With Quote