Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #226
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
And with slashed tyres you would do what?
Many don't know that while you will not get the same performance out of your vehicle with slashed tires you can get some performance out of it. A slashed tire doesn't mean the vehicle is inoperable. I don't know if that is what you meant but the interstate may have prevented the driver from having to stop for traffic.

Perhaps another option would have been a police precinct?
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #227
Slvrtundevl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Willy View Post
I wonder if any of those 'riders' are on ADV. And more so if any of them are brave enough to step up and justify their actions. Just sayin'... lots of dirt potential bikes running around in that clagmeisterfuckitallofamess.

I wonder as well..
Old 10-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #228
jachard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert OK View Post
The other thing going north on the parkway is a toll plaza, It's largely unmanned, but they may have some kind of a skeleton crew there. Perhaps some level of intimidation to the bikers.

FWIW quite a few of the bikes had no plates.
Yup, Unfortunately this was going to come to a head sooner or later, NYPD has set up numerous "bike only" checkpoints to supposedly stop these idiots but instead they just sit and watch the illegal bikes ride right in front of the precinct I live next to and NYPD does nothing. Meanwhile they go after legal bikes with gusto, I've been pulled over 4 times for no other reason that I'm on a bike. Only one resulted in a bogus ticket for non-DOT eyewear eventhough there is not such thing. Went to court and won.

Now NYPD will hopefully act against these losers and start some serious sting operations to get these guys.

The downside to this sad event is now Kelly and Bloomberg with rachet up their policy of hatered and profiling to ALL motorcycles and we who ride safe and within the law will be further poked, prodded and probed at every opportunity.

This just sucks all round.

www.racersandranchers.com

jachard screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 06:10 PM
jachard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #229
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
J. Meezee took a selfie earlier in the day, you know when he could still breath for himself.

Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #230
Wdwrkr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
From the Boston Globe article comments.

"The real tragedy here is that each one of those bikers was in the process of turning their lives around."
I can remember when the Boston globe was good newspaper, sadly in the last five years it has become barely more reliable then the national inquirer....
Old 10-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #231
Wdwrkr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
J. Meezee took a selfie earlier in the day, you know when he could still breath for himself.

Well there is the face of a wholesome American boy.... No one could look at that get up and think "this guy is potential problem".... Seems some people come right out of the box as a total dipshit....
Old 10-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #232
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKRider View Post
My most recent motorcycle trip featured a lot of rain and a bike with intermittent problems maintaining power - much of that over mountain passes. In this 700 mile trip I was often afraid the bike would quit (it didn't) but not ONE motorist followed too closely, cut me off, or did anything else stupid that threatened my safety.
There aren't a whole lot of mountain passes in major eastern cities.

I would love to not have my life threatened in 700 miles. But, its a fact of life riding in a city. At least twice a week someone intentionally pulls out in front of me, forces their way into a lane, blocks a pass, tries to share a lane to pass you because you aren't tailgating the car directly in front of you. Just yesterday some moron missed his exit, or couldn't decide where to go. He stopped on the divide between the exit and the highway, and as i was coming from behind, exiting, pulled directly into my path. I passed him on the white line instead of slamming on my brakes with traffic barreling down on me from behind. He wasn't even fully in the lane yet, nor even close to being up to speed. Shortly after this, we hit construction, and hes on my ass. Pissed off that i passed him. He got by me, and apparently lost interest because he was pissed off at the cars in front of him. Passing on merge lanes, etc. I let it go, didn't engage and he went away. Doesn't always happen, but the second step is to flee. If you can't lose a car in city traffic, especially on a sportbike or dualsport/supermoto you should just give up riding.

I can imagine NYC is a much shittier place to ride than here, and I very frequently would love to beat the shit out of car drivers. Get in a group where you feel you have "safety" in numbers, and i can see very easily how something like this can happen. Not defending it, I'm just surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Cities fucking suck. The roads suck, the people in them suck and the riding sucks.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #233
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
There aren't a whole lot of mountain passes in major eastern cities.

I would love to not have my life threatened in 700 miles. But, its a fact of life riding in a city. At least twice a week someone intentionally pulls out in front of me, forces their way into a lane, blocks a pass, tries to share a lane to pass you because you aren't tailgating the car directly in front of you. Just yesterday some moron missed his exit, or couldn't decide where to go. He stopped on the divide between the exit and the highway, and as i was coming from behind, exiting, pulled directly into my path. I passed him on the white line instead of slamming on my brakes with traffic barreling down on me from behind. He wasn't even fully in the lane yet, nor even close to being up to speed. Shortly after this, we hit construction, and hes on my ass. Pissed off that i passed him. He got by me, and apparently lost interest because he was pissed off at the cars in front of him. Passing on merge lanes, etc. I let it go, didn't engage and he went away. Doesn't always happen, but the second step is to flee. If you can't lose a car in city traffic, especially on a sportbike or dualsport/supermoto you should just give up riding.

I can imagine NYC is a much shittier place to ride than here, and I very frequently would love to beat the shit out of car drivers. Get in a group where you feel you have "safety" in numbers, and i can see very easily how something like this can happen. Not defending it, I'm just surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Cities fucking suck. The roads suck, the people in them suck and the riding sucks.
I think you are on to something.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #234
DudeClone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 959
I love riding in my local cities
Old 10-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #235
DudeClone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdwrkr View Post
.... Seems some people come right out of the box as a total dipshit....
Sounds like it........
Old 10-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #236
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
This guys on the bikes are retarded. Complete squid mob mentality. If I was the driver with my 5 year old in the car I would have ran them over aswell. Zero fucks would be given.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #237
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClone View Post
Sounds like it........

And then there are the folks who have to work hard at it...
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #238
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post

Paralysed and in prison, that's going to suck for him. You think he'll be able to feel getting cornholed constantly?
tkent02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #239
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryder View Post
Are you being obtuse on purpose? Ignoring it was a bike gang... Bike break checks RR. RR hits bike. RR stops. Bikers slash tires and attempt to enter vehicle. At that point RR has every reason to flee. Bikes continue to pursue and ultimately assault RR, which is exactly why he had every reason to flee.
Not to forget, his wife and kid were in the vehicle too.

After the initial assault on the vehicle, I wouldn't have blamed Lien if he tried to mow anybody who presented a reasonably-imminent threat, and had done it with 5000lb+ of compassionless, violent Range Rover until either all threats were eliminated or somebody dragged his unconscious body out of that driver seat with the vehicle still moving. Lien seemed like somebody who was still weighing the risks of legal repercussions, and the hopes of peaceful resolution. SOMETHING was holding him back from easily decimating that gang of idiots.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #240
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
This guys on the bikes are retarded.
No, they are not. I work with MR children, every one of them knows that it's wrong to hurt other people.
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote