ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #781
Jedl
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: New England
Oddometer: 102
Hollywood Stuntz speaks out

Hopefully this isn't 205.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...iker-gang.html
Jedl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #782
Easterner
Just Landed
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: North & West of the Lights
Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
No more than apprehending anyone else that's running from the cops.
I'm no lawyer nor do I spend much time at those express inns but I would think one or two might have a problem with the cops going after their client with a baseball bat but that's just me.

You:

"when they bunch up in traffic run out with a Louisville slugger and knock a couple of these guys right on their ass."

I like the idea though but there is a decent chance they would come out ahead being apprehended in that fashion.
Easterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #783
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easterner View Post
I'm no lawyer nor do I spend much time at those express inns but I would think one or two might have a problem with the cops going after their client with a baseball bat but that's just me.

You:

"when they bunch up in traffic run out with a Louisville slugger and knock a couple of these guys right on their ass."

I like the idea though but there is a decent chance they would come out ahead being apprehended in that fashion.
Ur prolly right

I could definitely see a line of 10 guys in riot gear just knocking a dude off the bike though. In that last link if you listen to the guy "it's intimidating" to have 100 cops in a line. hmmm weird.



I think they need to treat it as a riot right from the beginning and in a riot they have small groups that go pick off troublemakers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #784
Easterner
Just Landed
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: North & West of the Lights
Oddometer: 304
It will be interesting to see if "they" ride another day and how it/they are handled.
Easterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #785
nwpa
Generally amused
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Along the Great Lakes
Oddometer: 499
http://nypost.com/2013/10/09/meet-th...r-gang-attack/

Quote:
When he wasn’t busting windows or pretending to be a protester, Braszczok trolled for “girls” as young as 18, posted hunky bare-chested self portraits and warning would-be dates that he is “athletic” and “attractive.”
“Looking for girls 18-34, up to 20 miles from me,” according to his current online dating profile on Singlesbee.com
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #786
Big-O
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Big-O's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Adirondaks, NY
Oddometer: 316
I travel in and out of Long Island frequently and I have had experiences with these scum bag shit brains riding and literally terrorizing anything or anyone on the road. As far as the LE losers associated with these morons, they should be fired on the spot just for association. These fuckers ride 2-3 x the speed limit, cut in and out of traffic like they are crazy, no defensive driving skills at all, no real gear except helmets which they have to wear. The POS that was run over, too bad, understand the rules of the road and grow up bitch. Did anyone catch what some of the witnesses said, several of these idiots had no plates on their bikes which means probably no license, no registration and OMG, no insurance! Is that why the 3rd world toilet mother/wife of the squashed guy are whining? Maybe dick head hubby had no insurance. It sure is possible but hey, he deserved it!

Sorry about sounding cranky, but if you saw their behavior as I did and got to drive with these morons, you'de be spouting off like I am, or at least you'de be cranky too.
Big-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #787
nwpa
Generally amused
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Along the Great Lakes
Oddometer: 499
https://twitter.com/evovillen

also on photobucket (google evovillen), NSFW

Not so much undercover anymore
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #788
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
SgtDuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 3,154
http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/10/ne...-rage-assault/


Probably 205
__________________
2010 Buell Ulysses
1984 Suzuki GR650 "Tempter"
SgtDuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #789
Twoupfront
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
Nope, hadn't seen that before.
Twoupfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #790
bv11
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest
Oddometer: 114
How much money has been lost in civil suites over pursued drivers being hurt or injured? How many posts have there been here over the years accusing cops of "executing" a rider over a traffic violation when they were killed in a crash during a pursuit? There was incident a year or two ago where an NYPD officer knocked someone off a bicycle during an event similar to this. I don't remember how much the settlement was in that instance, but a lot of people were calling for the cop to face criminal charges. It definitely sucks for the victims, but the politicians and people of NYC have spoken regarding the type of law enforcement they want.
bv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #791
Celtic Curmudgeon
Indiana Jones wanabe
 
Celtic Curmudgeon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Boca Raton
Oddometer: 278
Another odd thing here - the officer is not some snot-nose right out of the academy who might have slipped thru the selection process, he's an NYPD Detective, and promotion to that rank is (allegedly) based on merit, being a substantially better-than-average cop over a fairly long period of time. The NYPD Detectives I know personally are really sharp guys.
__________________
Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. - Jeremy Clarkson
Celtic Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #792
nwpa
Generally amused
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Along the Great Lakes
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
Shows the Samaritan coming up and getting between the victim and the assailants. Guy was really a hero here, though I doubt he sees it that way.
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #793
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Curmudgeon View Post
Another odd thing here - the officer is not some snot-nose right out of the academy who might have slipped thru the selection process, he's an NYPD Detective, and promotion to that rank is (allegedly) based on merit, being a substantially better-than-average cop over a fairly long period of time. The NYPD Detectives I know personally are really sharp guys.
He's not *just* a detective, he's a member of the elite undercover 'intelligence' squad.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #794
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire
 
GlennR's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Boone,NC
Oddometer: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-O View Post
I travel in and out of Long Island frequently and I have had experiences with these scum bag shit brains riding and literally terrorizing anything or anyone on the road. As far as the LE losers associated with these morons, they should be fired on the spot just for association. These fuckers ride 2-3 x the speed limit, cut in and out of traffic like they are crazy, no defensive driving skills at all, no real gear except helmets which they have to wear. The POS that was run over, too bad, understand the rules of the road and grow up bitch. Did anyone catch what some of the witnesses said, several of these idiots had no plates on their bikes which means probably no license, no registration and OMG, no insurance! Is that why the 3rd world toilet mother/wife of the squashed guy are whining? Maybe dick head hubby had no insurance. It sure is possible but hey, he deserved it!

Sorry about sounding cranky, but if you saw their behavior as I did and got to drive with these morons, you'de be spouting off like I am, or at least you'de be cranky too.



A man with 1st hand experience.
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #795
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,367
And it was TWO detectives.
http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/10/sa...ien-road-rage/

It seriously makes you wonder about NYC when an A.D.A. Jumps on the back of a Cop doing his job? And you have cops like these guys.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker

xymotic screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 07:10 PM
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014