Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #796
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
He's not *just* a detective, he's a member of the elite undercover 'intelligence' squad.
Those are very special "creatures"...

They are action men, be it on this side of the fence or the other.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #797
Isorg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
that's new stuff there, looks like from the person holding the ipad seen in other photos.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #798
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,123
The fact, that there were cops present, although in civil clothing, does raise several tough questions.

But the claim, that a cop actually took active part in the beating of the SUV driver – that for me sounds so incredible, that I donīt know what to say! I mean, this isnīt happening in some 3rd world country, where crooked cops are a part of everyday life.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:51 AM   #799
nwpa
Generally amused

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
The fact, that there were cops present, although in civil clothing, does raise several tough questions.

But the claim, that a cop actually took active part in the beating of the SUV driver – that for me sounds so incredible, that I donīt know what to say! I mean, this isnīt happening in some 3rd world country, where crooked cops are a part of everyday life.
Though the distinction is slight, the detective was beating the car, not the driver. The fact any were there at all is disturbing, and there were several.
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #800
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 408
It must have seemed like a good idea at the time. What was going through their heads?
henshao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #801
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpa View Post
Though the distinction is slight, the detective was beating the car, not the driver. The fact any were there at all is disturbing, and there were several.
That's today's story but as more video emerges and is analyzed, stand by for even greater revelations of douche thuggery!

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #802
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,437
"The fact, that there were cops present, although in civil clothing, does raise several tough questions.

But the claim, that a cop actually took active part in the beating of the SUV driver – that for me sounds so incredible, that I donīt know what to say! I mean, this isnīt happening in some 3rd world country, where crooked cops are a part of everyday life. "

No, it's NYC where crooked cops are a part of life.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #803
outlaws justice
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 971
No it was happening in NYC where crooked cops are a part of everyday life
Old 10-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #804
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedl View Post
Excerpted from the article linked above:
""We don't condone any type of violence," he said of those who participate in his block parties, adding that he did not recognize any of the riders in the infamous video, one of whom may have been paralyzed when Lien panicked. "As a rider and a family guy, I can't pick a side," Lao said."

Sure you can. Picture it as you and your family under attack, and pick the side that thinks a mob dragging a man out of his car and beating him in front of his wife and infant daughter is wrong.
Must have been too hard.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #805
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
Excerpted from the article linked above:
""We don't condone any type of violence," he said of those who participate in his block parties, adding that he did not recognize any of the riders in the infamous video, one of whom may have been paralyzed when Lien panicked. "As a rider and a family guy, I can't pick a side," Lao said."

Sure you can. Picture it as you and your family under attack, and pick the side that thinks a mob dragging a man out of his car and beating him in front of his wife and infant daughter is wrong.
Must have been too hard.

1911fan
Exactly. All this does is give a bad name to good motorcyclists, and make the majority of the public that hates us, even more reason. I am sure there will be a ripple effect from all this, and I just hope that myself and my riding buddies ,are lucky enough to not get caught up in it.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #806
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,338
Quote:

all he needed to do is arrest him after the beating and it would have been just another day on the job!!

arrest 'em for what? no worries just think something up, real fast. like being out for a drive with a slashed tire or something

Old 10-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #807
Andyvh1959
Cheesehead Klompen

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
As I understand it:

1. Reports indicate NYPD were aware of the event and had roadblocks set up on approaches to Times Square (the destination). They arrested 16 and confiscated 55 bikes at these roadblocks.

2. NYPD has published statements that they have a non-pursuit policy in regard to stunters. They do not respond to 911 calls regarding this activity to ensure the safety of other drivers, pedestrians, and of the stunters themselves.

Go figure.
Well little wonder then that these gangs use motorcycles as their mod of operation since the cops have publicly posted a "hands-off" policy. Also explains why these vermin ride bikes without plates, and wear full face helmets or face masks (like Jayzee is shown wearing) so public cameras cannot record them accurately.

Seems time for some creative device, like a Tazer, that immobolizes the bike ignition. Aww hell,....just tazer the dumbshits while they are riding so we can enjoy the videos of them falling all over. They call themselves the "Hollywood Stunters" right? They know how to fall.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #808
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,020
Quote:
What you do in your free time isn't of your employer business...to an extent, anybody minimally intelligent understand that.

If the said behavior is directly against your job's ethical code or totally incompatible with your function, it becomes your employer's business.

1. You're a mechanic and you like to drink beer with your brother and your (17 years old) nephew around a campfire during the week-end

2. You're a high school teacher and you like to drink beer with your minor students around a campfire during the week-end

If you don't see the difference, you're either stupid or acting in bad faith.
One of the better teacherss I faced in my life went to a bar with us for a drink. At a school trip we had a bottle of whine with our teachers. There's nothing wrong about having a good time with your teacher. In fact it's better that way.

Quote:
the problem with WR is that despite his young age
I really like being young enough to overcome my prejudices instead of being like you and the rest of the mob.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #809
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith Rider View Post
One of the better teacherss I faced in my life went to a bar with us for a drink. At a school trip we had a bottle of whine with our teachers. There's nothing wrong about having a good time with your teacher. In fact it's better that way.
How old were you at that moment?

Do you you really still deflect the question with anecdotal exemples?!

Quote:
I really like being young enough to overcome my prejudices instead of being like you and the rest of the mob.
And how young/old it is?
Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #810
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
How old were you at that moment?

Do you you really still deflect the question with anecdotal exemples?!

And how young/old it is?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2486138.html

Did nothing 'illegal' It was all in her past and yet... still fired and appeal upheld.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote