Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #1081
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,555
Eventually, you folks will want to find the "Ignore" feature on the forum and invoke it for WR. It makes reading any thread he posts in much easier to follow without seeing his "contributions."

Otherwise, it may hurt your brain trying to untangle his particularly peculiar slice of reality.

Just sayin'

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #1082
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,032
i need to do that. wr is a typical naive german.

not knowing the difference between a right and a privilege just makes you look dumb.

and the roads are fine in the NRW. he should get out more.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #1083
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
Eventually, you folks will want to find the "Ignore" feature on the forum and invoke it for WR. It makes reading any thread he posts in much easier to follow without seeing his "contributions."

Otherwise, it may hurt your brain trying to untangle his particularly peculiar slice of reality.

Just sayin'
Agreed but I must say that he's kinda entertaining. In a weird kind of way but still...

You should consider to mark your calendar Tex. The day I agree with you is undoubtedly a day to remember!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #1084
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith Rider View Post
Judge me by my age, do you? Hmm? Hmm.

No no, I'm judging you by your level of idiocy.

But the fact that you're always eluding the question says a lot.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #1085
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,329
I think you're all wasting time

on WR.
It's quite obvious he is one tracked minded on the side of the stunterz.
He probably rides around like them and sees nothing wrong with it.

Clearly he can't comprehend, or refuses to admit what he saw in the video when Cruz purposely hogged the SUV lane, said something to the driver, cut in front of the SUV and then slowed to cause the bump.
Once that happened, he started beeping his horn to get everyone to stop, which did happen.

And maybe WR didn't see Cruz' interview with his lawyer.

So stop wasting your time with him and place him on ignore already.
Let the thread die now.

There will be a new thread to argue in when Lien isn't charged with anything (he won't be) and all the 's will serve their sentences upon finding them guilty.
MySPOT
RandoCommando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #1086
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoCommando View Post
on WR.
It's quite obvious he is one tracked minded on the side of the stunterz.
You shouldn't refuse to read the things I write that don't match your image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
You didn't answer the question. What would happen to you if you were caught operating a vehicle on public roads while intoxicated?
That depends on the degree of intoxication. Under 0.3%o nothing would happen at all. Under 0.5%o nothing happens as long as I do not show any driving insecurities. So with two beer (2x0.5l) I'm fine even if I drink fast, even three beer would be ok if I wait one or two hours. Above that it's 500 Euro, 4 points and 1 month loss of license.
Do we know the level of intoxication of the ATV rider?

Quote:
Then why is it required for drivers to be licensed in Germany? Freedom of assembly is a right, yet there is no test that one must pass before being able to gather with friends.
Our rights are restricted by laws. Hopefully because someone found that necessary to guarantee the rights of others. For example, assembly of large groups is regulated by law as well, still it's a right to do so.

Quote:
You will if you ever lose a loved one because of the actions of somone who is ignoring their (legal and moral) responsibility to drive safely.
I hope I won't loose my rational thinking together with the loved one.
Of course everyone should drive safely. But as I stated in my previous post, the definitions of "safely" differ widely. I do things, even legal ones, others call hilarious unsafe. Who am I to judge? We could go through the riding videos together and I could tell you what I would or would not have done and why, but that's just with my experiences, my skill and the safety level I wish to have. (Remember, the damage done to a car by a bike or even ATV is quite small, it's mainly the safety of the rider himself he's risking - especially when we are talking about city speeds.)
Old 10-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #1087
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Do we know the level of intoxication of the ATV rider?
If he submitted to a BAC test and was arrested for DUI it was at least 0.08%. I am guessing you meant 0.05% in your post because at 0.5% you would most likely be dead.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:26 AM   #1088
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

In lack of the proper sign I always use "%o" with the o as a second small 0.

I wouldn't rant about someone having to pay 500 Euro and loosing his license for a month. Could still be a nice guy I'd enjoy riding with. It's something he has to discuss with the judge, not with me.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #1089
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
Anyone, who rides or drives in traffic, while they're drunk, is a totally sad •sshole, who does not care about the safety of others. Over here about 25-30% of all fatal crashes include a drunk driver, and it's not just themselves that they kill or injure (if it was, I'd say go ahead and do it as much as you can). Maybe you want to associate yourself with such people.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #1090
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

I wouldn't support drunk driving either, though not with such uncivilized words - everyone makes mistakes. Having a drink and drive on the other hand is completely alright to me.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #1091
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
everyone makes mistakes. Having a drink and drive on the other hand is completely alright to me.
well that is a _really_ simple mistake to avoid, if you have any part of the brain functioning. It is not like you HAVE to ride/drive, when you are drunk, it is because you choose to do so (you don΄t want to walk, or pay the taxi to/from the bar, or you just want to show off to someone, or whatever). So it is stuff, that only •ssholes do.

Having one beer, or a glass of wine with your meal is different. But then you are not drunk. The difference should be quite simple to know for anyone entitled to operate a motor vehicle.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Old 10-31-2013, 01:28 AM   #1092
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Something you HAVE to do can't be a mistake. So to you every mistake should be easy to avoid. Very naiv point of view on the world you have there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Having one beer, or a glass of wine with your meal is different. But then you are not drunk. The difference should be quite simple to know for anyone entitled to operate a motor vehicle.
For most people discussing the matter it's obviously not so simple. Come on, give living in the real world a try.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:26 AM   #1093
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Something you HAVE to do can't be a mistake. So to you every mistake should be easy to avoid. Very naiv point of view on the world you have there.

Once again twisting other peoples words around, aren΄t you?

Not all mistakes are easy to avoid. But drunk driving is not one of them, it is actually very easy to avoid. I have personal experience of this from 25 years now, never driven/ridden while drunk.

And I know, that in Germany, France, or southern parts of Europe, it is common for example, to have wine with a meal. And in practice, people do drive around a lot, after they have consumed a few glasses of it. The same laws of physics still apply there, one glass is probably ok, but 3-4 glasses will definitely start to affect your performance in a negative way. So it should be controlled, and punished more severely there as well. This is actually pushed forward in the EU currently, and it will be that way in the future.

Over here, we don΄t have so much of this “took 3-4 glasses with the meal”, we have more of “I just drank 1 1/2 bottles of hard liquor, so I can barely walk, but I΄ll take to the highway, and see how fast my car can go”-type of idiocy.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:11 AM   #1094
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,547
[QUOTE=Wraith Rider;22674771]In lack of the proper sign I always use "%o" with the o as a second small 0.

QUOTE]

WHAT???

You really are "special"
Why not just type 0.005%??? 0.5%o doesn't make any sense at all.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:40 AM   #1095
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post

0.5%o doesn't make any sense at all.
wait a minute... so what you are saying is, that there΄s something in his posts, that is not making sense.
Right??