Old 10-31-2013, 06:10 AM   #1096
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith Rider View Post
In lack of the proper sign I always use "%o" with the o as a second small 0.
WHAT???

You really are "special"
Why not just type 0.005%??? 0.5%o doesn't make any sense at all.
Well...

To his defense... (damn it)

Blood alcool content is expressed in "permille" in Germany (‰). So it "makes" sense.

The percentage equivalent would be 0.05%, not 0.005% by the way.

SgtDuster screwed with this post 10-31-2013 at 10:26 AM
SgtDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:46 AM   #1097
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,721
I'm still trying to equate filtering and running red lights as equally safe behaviors.

WR, riding or driving drunk is a bad idea. Running red lights on a regular basis WILL get somebody hurt, it's just a matter of how many times you do it. I do envy you your autobahn riding, since the speed limits here in the US are arbitrary and often idiotic. But I agree with the other posters that your point of view is..... special.
I'm unsubscribing from this thread, since it's now "Wraith Rider against the board" and he's clearly losing.

I'm out.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #1098
Earth Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,037
Quote:
(Remember, the damage done to a car by a bike or even ATV is quite small, it's mainly the safety of the rider himself he's risking - especially when we are talking about city speeds.)
https://www.google.com/search?q=moto...w=1056&bih=742
Earth Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #1099
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,679
The percentage equivalent would be 0.05%, not 0.005% by the way.

Sorry, double tapped the 0
Old 10-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #1100
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,724
Quote:
You shouldn't refuse to read the things I write that don't match your image.
Generally, this statement is correct. But for you, I make an exception.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #1101
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
Agreed but I must say that he's kinda entertaining. In a weird kind of way but still...

You should consider to mark your calendar Tex. The day I agree with you is undoubtedly a day to remember!

Ha ha

Yeah, his posts just kinda suck you into thinking he might be able to grasp things, then as time is wasted on repeated efforts to share that which most everyone else agrees upon it is revealed that grasping is beyond his skill set.

I don't know if it is a language issue, or just a very warped perspective. In the end it felt like there will never be a meeting of the minds with WR and the nuclear option presented itself as the best way to deal with this.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #1102
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post

I don't know if it is a language issue, or just a very warped perspective.

It's 'cause he's a fuckin' Ossie.

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #1103
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post
WHAT???

You really are "special"
Why not just type 0.005%???
Because talking about alcohol levels in percent is quite unusual around here. Per mill is just more common. Dunno why some have such problems with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
Running red lights on a regular basis WILL get somebody hurt, it's just a matter of how many times you do it.
It's a matter of how one does it. How often one does it doesn't matter at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Not all mistakes are easy to avoid. But drunk driving is not one of them, it is actually very easy to avoid. I have personal experience of this from 25 years now, never driven/ridden while drunk.
So you have 25 years of experience with not having experience...
You're very egocentric. There are many easy things for me, but only because it's easy for me doesn't mean it's easy for everyone.
Really, stop being that egocentric and it might become a bit easier to understand others.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #1104
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,542
Quote:
Really, stop being that egocentric and it might become a bit easier to understand others.
Drunk drivers are responsible for almost 1/4th of all road fatalities here. Really sorry if I΄m unable to understand those people.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #1105
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,268
Quote:
maybe take your own advice once in a while....

dogsroot nailed it, fwiw...
Old 10-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #1106
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,206
Quote:
Really sorry if I΄m unable to understand those people.
And sorry you should be. Damned to fear what you don't understand and not able to change anything, because you don't understand.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #1107
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
Running red lights on a regular basis WILL get somebody hurt, it's just a matter of how many times you do it.
Quote:
It's a matter of how one does it. How often one does it doesn't matter at all.
Wraith - I'd like to get you to answer one question with a "Yes" or a "No". The group that was riding together and started this incident is not an isolated event in this country. This group and others like it have large group rides in large cities with heavy traffic. Part of the standard behavior for these groups is to ride anywhere they want to in heavy traffic. This does not only include filtering. It involves riding on the wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic. It includes riding on sidewalks where people are walking. It includes running red lights in heavy traffic forcing other vehicles to stop even though they have a green light. It includes hitting and kicking cars that get caught in the middle of an intersection when the group rides through. We are not talking about a single rider or a small group of riders. We are not talking about riding through a red light when no other vehicles are around. We are talking about a group of 100 or more riders riding all over the road and sidewalk in heavy traffic, running a red light and swarming around a car that got caught in the middle of the intersection, kicking and hitting the car as they go by, bringing all other traffic to a stop. So there you have it; that is HOW they do it. Do you think this kind of riding is ok? Please answer "yes" or "no". Please do not qualify your answer or change the question. Please do not quote just one line of my post and answer just a part of the question. I simply want to know if you think having a large group of riders acting like this in these conditions is acceptable. It will help me understand your point of view.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #1108
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,935
Quote:
Drunk drivers are responsible for almost 1/4th of all road fatalities here. Really sorry if I΄m unable to understand those people.
In the US it is about half, and astonishingly, about half of motorcycle fatalities are also drug or alcohol impaired.

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #1109
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Wraith - I'd like to get you to answer one question with a "Yes" or a "No".
Please do not qualify your answer or change the question. Please do not quote just one line of my post and answer just a part of the question. I simply want to know if you think having a large group of riders acting like this in these conditions is acceptable. It will help me understand your point of view.

This I have to see ....

If he does it, will someone copy it in a response?

I don't want to get in the habit of clicking on WR's "View Post" link, if I can avoid it, on the off chance that WR might actually clarify their point of view.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex screwed with this post 10-31-2013 at 05:10 PM
MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #1110
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Wraith - I'd like to get you to answer one question with a "Yes" or a "No". The group that was riding together and started this incident is not an isolated event in this country. This group and others like it have large group rides in large cities with heavy traffic. Part of the standard behavior for these groups is to ride anywhere they want to in heavy traffic. This does not only include filtering. It involves riding on the wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic. It includes riding on sidewalks where people are walking. It includes running red lights in heavy traffic forcing other vehicles to stop even though they have a green light. It includes hitting and kicking cars that get caught in the middle of an intersection when the group rides through. We are not talking about a single rider or a small group of riders. We are not talking about riding through a red light when no other vehicles are around. We are talking about a group of 100 or more riders riding all over the road and sidewalk in heavy traffic, running a red light and swarming around a car that got caught in the middle of the intersection, kicking and hitting the car as they go by, bringing all other traffic to a stop. So there you have it; that is HOW they do it. Do you think this kind of riding is ok? Please answer "yes" or "no". Please do not qualify your answer or change the question. Please do not quote just one line of my post and answer just a part of the question. I simply want to know if you think having a large group of riders acting like this in these conditions is acceptable. It will help me understand your point of view.
This sounds terrible. Do you have any statistics on the number of deaths and injuries caused by this psychotic behavior before I decide if I should be worried? Or is this just another attempt to make us all believe that we need to spend more money on law enforcement by spreading fear?

FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is online now   Reply With Quote