Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #166
tuffenuff OP
a.k.a. "Tiny Dancer"

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckboy810 View Post
Hey tuffenuff and darkryder. I was apart of dynobobs group that ran into you guys in lockhart and had tried scouting a bit. I was dissapointed to to find there was no easy clear route. Confirms what people say about not doing it in the "wrong" direction. Any how got some pics of you guys heading back over hurrah pass on your way out, they are all kinda the same but makes for cool sequence. This fall ill be planning a loop of the UT&CO BDR and look forward to similar adventures.

Hiya duckboy810! So glad to hear from you (and Bob earlier)!
Yes, that was quite a disappointment indeed, but gives us all yet another reason to come back to UT and give it another try - in the "right" direction.
Thank you so much for the pics! He and I don't have very many together, so these are always a treat!
Jeremy wants to do AZBDR this year and maybe WABDR/Canada, we'll see. Good luck, have fun and be safe on your next trip. If you're ever in CA, give us a shout! :)
First Long ADV Ride, 09/07: Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT (COBDR & UTBDR)

tuffenuff screwed with this post 02-23-2014 at 09:10 PM Reason: meant Canada, not Alaska....
tuffenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #167
DARKRYDER
NoNoob

Oddometer: 316
Hi duckboy810! Nice running into you guys out there in the badlands. Thanks for sharing the two-up pics, that was a nice surprise. Our next trip is going to be AZBDR, it's my home state (2nd generation Phoenician) and Arizona is relatively close to California, so makes sense to check that BDR off the list and explore some more Utah after the Grand Canyon. If you're ever in the SF Bay Area, PM us.
3 Kaboom's, 3 Dudes, and a Chick ride Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Montana
Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT (UTBDR & COBDR)
DARKRYDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #168
tuffenuff OP
a.k.a. "Tiny Dancer"

Oddometer: 133
Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT! Big Bikes Conquer The Elements Of The West!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 14 - Continued: Arches NP then Moab to Monticello (UTBDR - in reverse)
But we ended up in Blanding instead... read on...
9/19/13

We were frustrated and disappointed we couldn't find the trail and continue on to complete Lockhart, but we still had some daylight left for Plan B = La Sal Pass...

We headed back out of Lockhart and over Hurrah Pass and made our way to La Sal...

Ummm... I'm not quite sure what BDR meant by "easy" but La Sal was not "easy", IMHO.
So, maybe when compared to Lockhart, La Sal was an easier route, but when I saw the conditions at La Sal, I thought it was just a different type of "hard" route.
IMHO, this was a mini Tin Cup that was narrower and longer... and we were going in reverse direction...

Are you kidding me?! Were we back in Colorado?

But once again, the scenery was spectacular!

But I digress... back to the ride!

I was trying to get Jeremy on video going up this gnarly rocky climb, but he handed me his glasses and then took off, so I only got a few seconds...

I had a long way to climb... we had passed these hunters along the way and you could tell they looked at us like we were cray cray...

This would have been nice to see on the other end too!

Finally, the road calmed and we could leisurely enjoy the scenery.

We were moving along when we saw deer! Lots of them!
We were on the alert trying to avoid a head on collision with them as a few would suddenly appear and run across the road!

Knowing that our trip was winding down, we had to still figure out how we were going to get home and we still needed a room tonight, we just exhaled and thoroughly enjoyed the environment around us.

Good news= we made it to Monticello.

Bad news = absolutely no rooms were available.

Note to self = when you're going to be lodging near National Parks, book your rooms well ahead of time!

We called everywhere and we finally found 1 room that was available... in Blanding... so off we went... finally getting to Blanding about 9pm...

Thank you National 9 Country Inn for saving us!
First Long ADV Ride, 09/07: Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT (COBDR & UTBDR)

tuffenuff screwed with this post 02-24-2014 at 12:14 PM
tuffenuff is offline   Reply With Quote