User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #16
Taemur OP
Lucky-ish

Oddometer: 8
Hey Guys Thanks

Bit of a late start today as it seems 8hrs on a sports bike takes its toll! (I'm 6'3" also which likely doesn't help).

Anyway based on your advice i think i'm gonna head down through valley of fire this morning, maybe grab lunch in vegas then head to Pahrump and through Death Valley.

I'd love to do the kolob res road but a) i don't reckon i have the tire for it and b) it gonna take too many hours out of my day in the wrong direction, though maybe i'll catch it on the way back.

I was planning on taking HWY 2 into LA so its good to have you guys reaffirm that choice. My destination on this one is the old financial distract, downtown LA, and i'm estimating i'll get there tomorrow late afternoon.

Any recommendations for lodging around DV? I was thinking i'd head down to Ridgecrest for the night, i'm trying to book an AirBnB down there but i'd also love to take a good campsite.

Thanks again! If you guys are ever up for grabbing a beer lemme know i'll get the first round in
Taemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #17
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,165
probably too late for you to see, but Furnace Creek is open, bring lots of $$$. get out on 395 and you can stay in Lone Pine, or Big Pine, for fairly cheap.

Here is how I would do it from Ridgecrest, given enough time

Heck, just reread the beginning of the thread. You still have 7 days to get to LA. You might want to head over to PCH and come down thru there?

If you come down the 101, or thru Camarillo for any reason PM me and we can get that bear (on me)!

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
rgiroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #18
Taemur OP
Lucky-ish

Oddometer: 8
Hey I'm Still Alive!

Sorry i haven't reported on my travels in a while. I made it to LA, i did however arrive in the worst weather possible. I had to turn around due to snow on HWY 2! But alive and well. I'll get some more photos on here soon. More trips to come also.
Taemur is offline   Reply With Quote