ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #31
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
The guy was driving like a maniac. I was on the 990. He would accellerate to 70mph+ on the straights to try and prevent a pass. Looked like a scruffy meth head, twitching looks over his shoulder as I got by.
He thought you were trying to beat him to the score
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #32
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
He thought you were trying to beat him to the score
Hard to say if it was my machete or the hand grenade that freaked him out.

I just started watching BB on Netflix. Gives me a new POV on ABQ.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #33
Swashbuckler OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
So what yall are getting to is that we need to start carrying explosive meth so when someone chases us we just pull it from our tank bag and toss it over our shoulder

Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2004 CRF450R - Supermoto / 2007 GSXR 750 / 1991 Yamaha XJ600 Secca II
Swashbuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #34
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
I just started watching BB on Netflix. Gives me a new POV on ABQ.
It's done wonders for property values, good series though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
So what yall are getting to is that we need to start carrying explosive meth so when someone chases us we just pull it from our tank bag and toss it over our shoulder
My favorite scene!
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #35
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
It's done wonders for property values, good series though.

My favorite scene!
While property values may have been affected negatively, the price of Pontiac Azteks have gone through the roof.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #36
Swashbuckler OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
While property values may have been affected negatively, the price of Pontiac Azteks have gone through the roof.
In theory I could sell my motorcycle and buy an Aztek with the hypothesis that no one fuks with Azteks due to the respect and fear Walt associated with them.

If this works I might even be able to do the speed limit on I25 and people will actually allow me to pass in the passing lane when they are doing 40mph......haha that would never happen

Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2004 CRF450R - Supermoto / 2007 GSXR 750 / 1991 Yamaha XJ600 Secca II
Swashbuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #37
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by atokad View Post
Could've been Heisenberg when he was 17, like I was at the time. My "event" ended with me ditching the other driver as I used my CB radio to call the local PD which monitored channel 10 back "in the day". I actually knew the other kid that was driving the

and didn't know he was psycho until that Friday night. Gawd, I am getting
I don't know...I can't look at that Safari Wagon without seeing the Griswold family on their way to Walleye World...with a small dog tied to the rear bumper.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #38
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,009
Op did the right thing, flee if you can is the best option. If he was this nutty to think you did something wrong and that your dangerous but his driving was just peachy he has a screw loose. I've ran into these types before on the MC and in the Cage. If you ever do exchange words and say "what is your problem" it's always somehow your dangerous...but yet they have no issues running red lights, running stop signs and cutting off other motorist to get to you.

You are right to just take the cops option of him making contact. Found out in CO reporting someone can get you into trouble even if you did nothing wrong. All they have to do is claim you did something even if not true and bam you get a ticket too along with them. Not all states are like this, usually if your making the contact with a cop your word holds more weight it be otherwise odd for you to just go up to a cop and report some guy you don't know for BS...I guess it could happen but not likely.

Probably worst story was some dude I guess didn't like that I got in the left turn lane to turn left. Guy in black SUV then moves to the left turn lane behind me. Light turns green and due to slight hill I will admit I cut it close to the box truck that appeared but hey my life and it was a mistake could of happened to anyone. No big deal, Road we are now on is 3 lanes each way in front of a mall.

I'm like why do I hear yelling, I turn around to see this guy near me hanging out of his window yelling and tossing his arms about. I lane split to the light now confused as heck why he is doing this. He actually gets out and runs down the isle of cars...I runt he light (no traffic). I turn right at the next light and go into the store lots. It winds around, I'm like okay he had to continue on so I exit back out at another light onto the main drag. I pull up to the red light and next thing I know he locks his brake sup and slides into the intersection and almost hits someone turning left. He jumps out and yells "Stay right there mother f'er".

I'm 24 on a FZ1, F that I gas it and zig past him he actually tried to grab me...again I turn into the parking lot area. I bee line it to a huge store, jump off the bike see a man walking in and I tell him in a panic what's going on. He says I'll wait with you. We watch the guy cruise by but he never turned his head so that was the end of it.

All because I either got int he left turn lane before him, or because I made a close call on my left turn.

He not only put me at danger with his antics but he put himself, and others on the roadway endanger with his antics. Makes no sense to me to this day.

I've come to expect this type of behavior on the West & East coast...seems people are just stressed out.

I watched a guy once rib his review mirror off after he did a few bonehead moves but then was exiting off so I gave him the finger....LOL That's when I see him rip his own mirror off and pound on the steering wheel.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #39
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,102
There's no understanding insanity.

I've even had them go apeshit when I'm in my Jeep cruising down a multi lane road in the slow lane just bumping down the road. Look over and this guy is so pissed off and screaming so loud he's about to bust that big vein in his forehead.

That would have been funny.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #40
jjmead1
now THAT"S a bike!

Oddometer: 504
Remember the days when you could flash your brights toot the horn anything to help the person in front notice you so you could tell them their rear tire was low, or their brake/tail lights were out?

Followed a fast and furious rigged Dodge Neon the other day on 470. Dude was driving with no rear lights at all and one fog light. Blipped the lights at him on 470 near 285...nothing. Both of us exited to 285. Tried to get next to him but he was FAST AND FURIOUS so not so much...

Ironically we both exited to south bound Kipling, he rolls the yield and is following me in front of me. For the next mile he is now thinking I am following him in a road rage state. He pulls into my apartment complex so I slowly pull up to the passenger side. The car empties out with several of the whitest homeboys you ever seen ready to brawl.

I am like " Howdy partner" ( never talk like that, just thought it would be a calming way to great them). " Say, did you know you have no lights working? You are a rolling pull me over sign for every copper in JeffCO? "

The wannabe gangsta quickly started freaking out, probably had a lot to do with the funny cigarette smell pouring out of his Neon.

I sorta decided not to be that helpful guy anymore....never know when you may get shot on accident or beat.
jjmead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #41
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer: 2,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
I don't know...I can't look at that Safari Wagon without seeing the Griswold family on their way to Walleye World...with a small dog tied to the rear bumper.
Everybody looked like either the Griswold family of the Gambino family back then. My dad had one of these:

Old 10-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #42
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,043
Glad your all right and nothing worse happened!
Not to kick you when your hurting but I did want to give my opinion for the sake of future occurrences.
I disagree with the majority of thoughts here that say you did the right thing to run away. Getting in a fight probably would not have been near as dangerous as what you did.

Getting hit by a first doesn't compare to getting hit by an Altima! The fact the bike was new to you makes it more dangerous. Of course maybe he could have had a gun and shot you... It's hard to know the best thing to do - every situation is different. By all means run if you have a obvious advantage up ahead... Traffic you can cut between that he can't etc or dirt as others have said.

I think people tend to exaggerate in our minds how dangerous an angry man is but minimize how dangerous a 2 ton vehicle is.

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk 2
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #43
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post

I think people tend to exaggerate in our minds how dangerous an angry man is but minimize how dangerous a 2 ton vehicle is.
Or a 500 pounder.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #44
Gripsteruser
Service Monkey

Oddometer: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post

I've even had them go apeshit when I'm in my Jeep cruising down a multi lane road in the slow lane just bumping down the road. Look over and this guy is so pissed off and screaming so loud he's about to bust that big vein in his forehead.

That would have been funny.

He was headed north on I-25 that one time.... he came to a big slow knot of traffic and .... was not happy. I'd never actually seen a tantrum on the road before.
Gripsteruser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #45
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post
+1. There are a lot of Tuco's out there.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote