Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #16
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 587
I've got a mousse in my front tire right now (SE) and it's fine if you don't want to deal with tubes. :) Haven't tried it yet in the rear yet.

I have run tubliss on my 450 21" front and an 18" rear. no problems with either one. over time they both loose air but for weekend rides or stuff like that no issues. I just check the pressure before I go riding and make sure it's where I want it to be. My standard/UHD tubes in both my bikes usually need some adjustment as well so I don't notice anything different with the Tubliss. I run it around 6-8psi on a trials rear tire, and a standard front tire on my 450. I did start (at least on the rear) with a new rim and tire so that helps with the sealing. If you have a used tire, and beat up rim you will probably have more issues with sealing. :)
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #17
5 speed OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
my two cents:::
IMHO:

1,,,Nothing beats a genuine tubeless rim

2,,,next best things are a variety of sealing techniques that convert the proper sized rim WITH A SAFETY BEAD to accept tubeless tires after sealing be it,the OUTEX method,,,or the variety of sealing techniques discussed and outlined by yours truly and others for the past ten years....done properly ,,with patience and exactitude toward cleanliness and patience to allow the chemicals to properly cure.

3,, the TUBLISS system is designed FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY,,tis in all of TUBLISS"S literature,,,so PLEASE honor their guidelines!!!!,,,,and the range of their use is 1.6 x21'' and 2.15'' x 18 or 19'' for the rears ..BASTA !!! end of story. FYI,,we have never experienced more problems with any sealing system than this one...YOU HAVE TO BE SOOO CONSCIENTIOUS AND CARE-FULL !!!,,,if not ,,,the slightest mis-step will bend/scratch/ruin the delicate sealing surfaces

those are my $.02
woody
Woody, thanks for weighing in with your experiences. Can you get the super tenere type rims in 21 and 18 and would they work with the KTM lace pattern? What tubeless rims would you have that would lace up to the KTM 950adv hubs? I read some of your other posts on the subject so trying to educate myself. Would tires like the stock scorpions work on these types of rims? I dont need knobbies more like a 70/30 tire. I found the stock rear scorp does pretty good in the sand when its fairly new. Would like to run those. My current front rim set up was done by Rad and they ordered an Excel 21x2.15 to lace up to one of their hubs. I see the spoke nipple heads are very big and protrude quite a bit so I would be worried the Outex solution might not work.
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #18
Shuffler
Getting a grip...

Oddometer: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
my two cents:::
IMHO:

1,,,Nothing beats a genuine tubeless rim

2,,,next best things are a variety of sealing techniques that convert the proper sized rim WITH A SAFETY BEAD to accept tubeless tires after sealing be it,the OUTEX method,,,or the variety of sealing techniques discussed and outlined by yours truly and others for the past ten years....done properly ,,with patience and exactitude toward cleanliness and patience to allow the chemicals to properly cure.

3,, the TUBLISS system is designed FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY,,tis in all of TUBLISS"S literature,,,so PLEASE honor their guidelines!!!!,,,,and the range of their use is 1.6 x21'' and 2.15'' x 18 or 19'' for the rears ..BASTA !!! end of story. FYI,,we have never experienced more problems with any sealing system than this one...YOU HAVE TO BE SOOO CONSCIENTIOUS AND CARE-FULL !!!,,,if not ,,,the slightest mis-step will bend/scratch/ruin the delicate sealing surfaces

those are my $.02
woody
Woody, I bought a set of Repsol-orange powdercoated superlaced Excel wheels from you last year ... the rear was your tubeless setup, the front is standard. Awesome wheels.

I've been running the Tubliss system up front on my 950 and have put it through plenty of slab and gnar ... no problems other than the usual air loss over time. FWIW.
KTM 950A | KTM 300XCW | BMW R1100RT
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
Big_John
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,863
Or you can go with Woody's 1.6 front and do the Tubliss.....and have Woody seal the rear rim and go tubeless on a 3.5".

That's my plan!!!!

I already did the A60 in the front.

Because changing the rear on the trail is a complete bitch!
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #20
MKJ
Married w/ Children

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkgd View Post
As I just converted my rear wheel on my 500EXC to Tubliss - you are making me worry
How low of a pressure did you start off with on the thumper?
TIA
If you installed the system correctly, you will have no issues. The statement that they don't work in the desert is complete BS. We use them in baja on 1,000 mile+ trips with zero issues. I would recommend going Tubliss on the front also as I find they are more suseptible to pinched flats.
I would recommend using the system with a 6 ply tire such as the Bridgestone ED77 and ED78. If you get a puncture, you can install a plug and be on your way.
I usually run 8 lbs. in the rear
MKJ is offline   Reply With Quote