Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #16
cb200t
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMan View Post
Very cool indeed. Now that is something I could see easily doing an overnight camping trip on. 150-200 miles in a day would not be unreasonable, granted on mostly back roads but a cruising speed of 60 should be easily achievable I should think.

Post up some pics if you haven't already, love to see it.

RM
I don't want to clutter your thread up with pix of my bike, but here's the link to my intro thread showing a pic of the bike the day I got it, and roughly how it looks now. My build thread is in my sig line too if you're interested.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923488

Looking forward to hearing about more rides on your CB!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
Bendernz
Torrential

Oddometer: 520
You're right. The CB125 is a thumper, just a small thumper.

They can be great little bikes (they can also be very fussy when things start to get worn). I had one for a couple of years (had to sell it when I moved to an apartment block a year back).

My "adventures" are recorded in the reports in my signature. I miss that bike like crazy - it was so light and simple to ride, just a blast of fun.
Bendernz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #18
RocketMan OP
Out Rocketing

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb200t View Post
I don't want to clutter your thread up with pix of my bike, but here's the link to my intro thread showing a pic of the bike the day I got it, and roughly how it looks now. My build thread is in my sig line too if you're interested.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923488

Looking forward to hearing about more rides on your CB!
Nice, checked out the rebuild thread, I should maybe start one on my CB (and on the SL125 when I get that. )

Weather turned cold and rainy and I'm off on vacation Saturday for a week at Los Cabos, MX so not sure when the next good long ride will happen as this is going to be a mostly fair weather bike (they don't make 6 volt electric vests, do they?).
Did go down to get a BIG box of parts from the seller, chock full of stuff for both the CB and SL, but I'll save that for the rebuild thread(s), not that I'll have anything nearly as challenging as what you're tackling.
Once I get the rebuild/restore thread(s) going I'll post some before pics of both along with progress reports as things get done over the winter.

thanks all for the great comments! Check back occasionally as we always get good days scattered in between the colder days (central east coast) that I will try to take advantage of. Next summer I may try a camping trip to a rally about 80-100 miles from home on the CB.

RM
"Live life to the fullest, cause buddy, once you're dead life ain't worth living" Nat King Cole
"Never trust a user with your television overnight,
Don't try to paint your masterpiece by artificial light." - The Pretenders
Always DSTDJR-----Don't Sweat The Details---Just Ride!!!
RocketMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Great thread !

The older i get the more interest I have in smaller bikes.
I'm riding a 650 Burgman at the moment, but am sort of looking around for a smaller single or a twin as a hobby fixer upper
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #20
wvdirtbiker
MILES2GO

Oddometer: 198
All that talk about CB-125's reminds me that my brother in law has one in a storage building. I'm sure it hasn't been started in 25 years. I think it only has a couple of thousand miles on it.

I need to ask him if he would sell it or swap it.
wvdirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #21
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,920
Killer! My first bike was a 74 CB200...still have it and just rebuilt it recently with help from my retired Dad. I can associate with so many of your observations from riding the CB and Ruckus around the area. I look forward to riding with you soon on the little scoots. What a fun and different pace adventure they are indeed.

HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #22
RocketMan OP
Out Rocketing

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBN View Post
Killer! My first bike was a 74 CB200...still have it and just rebuilt it recently with help from my retired Dad. I can associate with so many of your observations from riding the CB and Ruckus around the area. I look forward to riding with you soon on the little scoots. What a fun and different pace adventure they are indeed.

Love to get my hands on a 200 or even a 175, I'd seriously consider trying a multi-day minimal camping/riding adventure on either of those.

RM
"Live life to the fullest, cause buddy, once you're dead life ain't worth living" Nat King Cole
"Never trust a user with your television overnight,
Don't try to paint your masterpiece by artificial light." - The Pretenders
Always DSTDJR-----Don't Sweat The Details---Just Ride!!!
RocketMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #23
LashLarue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
ct90 parts availability

CT90 would be a good choice for some of you that want to ride a small bike. Best thing is that parts are pretty easy to get compared to anything but new bikes (what few are available new). Having had a CM200T Twinstar and a CT90, there is some sweet spot between the two where you can traverse a freeway overpass without losing too much speed - the ct90 struggles over these but the 200cc bike accelerates over them. But I sold both my Twinstars and still have two CT90s.

Good luck and keep writing up the CB125 travels.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #24
LashLarue
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvdirtbiker View Post
All that talk about CB-125's reminds me that my brother in law has one in a storage building. I'm sure it hasn't been started in 25 years. I think it only has a couple of thousand miles on it.

I need to ask him if he would sell it or swap it.
Ask him to let you squirt a little MMO or oil into the spark plug hole and turn the engine. What you do today can have a huge benefit 5 years from now. Anyone out there know a bike that has been sitting 6 months or longer? Administer a little first aid if you can, even if it is not your bike.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:39 AM   #25
Rutabaga
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Very nice RocketMan.
Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #26
Wal2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
love the SL, I had 2 over a period of 4-5 years, 1 of them new in about 1973-4.. unbreakable play bike, and my introduction to off road riding, it was submerged in the sea, rode off a small cliff and had a 100 crashes, but always kept going, my brother started riding on the CB125 as well.

wish I could get one over here, never see them much........enjoy
Wal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #27
LashLarue
Gnarly Adventurer

panniers

Really like the panniers on the CB. When I look at old bikes now I tend to look for luggage racks and the ability to use it for daily errands. Very hard to find Hondaline or other accessories for older bikes - big plus for this one.

Heck yes, it is a thumper but I can remember a cb125 that was a twin.