Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #136
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeid View Post
Xymotic, you have quite possibly the reddest rose colored glasses I've ever seen. Enough to make Elton John jealous.

I've never seen some one with such an exaggerated and opinionated opinion on something. I guess some people just need something to fight for. And if you think any one state has more beautiful women than another you've not been out much and you've certainly not been through the deep south during the summer time

Also as the above poster mentioned, you can ride year round in most of Washington, especially the Seattle/Tacoma area.
Hmmm, you going to pontificate to me about where I live now? Exactly in-between Seattle & Tacoma? News Flash, it's humid here too, but it's still better than Phoenix and FORTY degrees cooler. Phoenix, a city that rose from the ashes of the last city that burnt to a crisp in that shithole. (no offense)

The problem with southern girls, is that they are southerners. California has all the Girls who were smart enough keep their teeth and to have moved to California. And...

Lane splitting
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker

xymotic screwed with this post 10-10-2013 at 09:24 PM
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #137
RedRockRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
Southwest Utah! Year round riding, world class scenery, great roads of all variety. No lane-splitting (also no traffic), but you can have multiple wives!

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #138
Zeid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Hmmm, you going to pontificate to me about where I live now? Exactly in-between Seattle & Tacoma? News Flash, it's humid here too, but it's still better than Phoenix ANd FORTY degrees cooler. A city that rose from the ashes of the last city that burnt to a crisp in that shithole. (no offense)

The problem with southern girls, is that they are southerners. California has all the Girls who were smart enough keep their teeth and to have moved to California. And...

Lane splitting
What's funny is by what you've stated I've spent a LOT more time in the SeaTac area than you have in Phoenix. So you can talk to me about my city having spent a couple days here but hold the press when I talk about yours after having spent months there. Also it was 68 degrees today, absolutely beautiful, moonlit night and it'll be this way all winter long. Enjoy your rain and be sure to overcome those lonely nights with some pictures of California in a bikini, a tissue and this notion you have that it's the greatest place on Earth.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #139
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeid View Post
What's funny is by what you've stated I've spent a LOT more time in the SeaTac area than you have in Phoenix. So you can talk to me about my city having spent a couple days here but hold the press when I talk about yours after having spent months there. Also it was 68 degrees today, absolutely beautiful, moonlit night and it'll be this way all winter long. Enjoy your rain and be sure to overcome those lonely nights with some pictures of California in a bikini, a tissue and this notion you have that it's the greatest place on Earth.
Not the greatest place on earth, just the "Best State to live and Ride in YEAR ROUND"

The Greatest place on earth is DisneyLand, which is also in in California BTW.

Tell me again in August how great Phoenix is.

I don't need to spend a lot of time in 117 degree heat to know that it SUCKS.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 10-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #140
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
I grew up in Southern AZ, and spent 11 years in Vegas. Fuck that shit! The heat, the dirt, the constant dry dusty air. You can have it. Same with Southern CA. You get more than 30 miles from the cities, where there are "some" normal people, and you are again in the fugging desert!

No thanks, I'll have none of that.

Jim
Another man's WV hills is another mans desert, but the question is what is the best state to ride in year round. You can't possibly use Arizona and Vegas as a comparison to the soCal coast. Just admit you love WV, personally I think it's a beautiful place, but it doesn't have the best riding year round. Come on, you can do it
Old 10-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #141
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockRider View Post
but you can have multiple wives!
That's not a plus! also Utah is weird bout booze

I actually did think SW UT might have some potential in the competition, but doesn't it get a decent amount of snow?
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 10-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #142
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Another man's WV hills is another mans desert, but the question is what is the best state to ride in year round. You can't possibly use Arizona and Vegas as a comparison to the soCal coast. Just admit you love WV, personally I think it's a beautiful place, but it doesn't have the best riding year round. Come on, you can do it
But you're obviously biased cuz you live in LA and are therefore disqualified. Sorry, them's the rules.
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 10-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #143
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,448
Quote:
Weather, Cage drivers that look for you, higher speed limits and less BS enforcement, way, WAY more variety of riding (and everything else) beaches full of better lookin women... AND Legal Lane Splitting.
Dude, if CA is your paradise, as it appears to be, WTF are you doing in WA? Based in your insistence on the perfection of CA there is NO reason at all why you are not living there. NOTHING should stop you. Now, would you please and let others have an opinion FFS!

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #144
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Reread what I said. I wouldn't move to AZ or NV for any amount of money, nor would I move to CA for any amount of money, even if it does have good riding. Maybe it is the best, if you live on a bike, but the rest of what you must deal with removes CA from consideration for me.

But, if you are talking riding, everyone has an opinion on what "best" means. In MY opinion, WV is the best, and I have ridden in pretty much every state!

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #145
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
Northeast ohio.

Not really.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #146
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
It's gotta' be Florida.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #147
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhasken View Post
It's gotta' be Florida.
You tried to make a funny...

sounds like WaterWheel

Old 10-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #148
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,308
4 Corner states and CA is the Answer for year round riding..

Winter in the Mojave

Spring

Summer for when the Deserts get too hot.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #149
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,961
Quote:
Hey Spacecoaster... Has real estate rebounded from Nasa shutting down the shuttle program?
A little bit, but not a whole lot. There are still a lot of unemployed and under-employed people around this area. You can still get a house for well under $100K. We currently live in a fairly modern 2BR/2BA apt, with a solarium, modern appliances, and a long 1-car garage. Our complex has sand volleyball, 2 pools, a hot-tub, tennis courts, fishing ponds, plenty of parking, and it's on a nice golf course. We're about 5 minutes from the Indian River, and ten minutes from the beach. We pay less than $900/mo, with water/sewage/trash included. Dogs and cats are permitted in this community too. Crime hasn't been a problem for us in this area, but some of our less-careful neighbors have had their unlocked cars rummaged through. The new management company raised our rent a bit though, and has done a few other things that have irritated us. We're still wanting to buy an inexpensive 3BR/2BA/2CG house without having to deal with a HOA. Most of the modern houses around here are in HOA communities though. Condos are still selling pretty cheap around here, but the fees are ridiculous in many condo communities, since many aren't full near capacity.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.

Kommando screwed with this post 10-11-2013 at 02:24 PM
Kommando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #150
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Yeah, but you have to LIVE there!

Jim

yeah, but there are some parts that arent so bad.....

HWY 1

Ave of Giants

HWY 33

Angeles Crest

or you could always visit .....

Yosemite

sequia national forest

carrizo plain

death valley

I could go on and on but it wouldnt be fair to most of the rest of you because we get to ride 365 days a year

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote