Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #61
azredline
Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Cut it out Brad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
But I have to say a BIG thanks to Reidy008, yb, for the tracks, azredline for the pre-riding the tracks (even though he got lost, has a gps and has no flippin clue how to use it)
Hey, I know how to turn it on...just not much else. Of course, it was conveniently stored in my backpack!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #62
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 1,926
Alone in the wild

What a great crew of riders and chase truck drivers to be out in the desert with. When we started planning this ride there were some hard decision to make.

First, can we make the loop in two days? Should be no trouble provide not to many mechanicals or unforseen time losses

Second, how many riders would we take? We started out thinking maybe 6 tops to keep mahem down a little... but then we realised that we specialize in mahem.

Third, when would be the best time to do it that would provide doable tempratures and enough day light. Early October was selected.

About 6pm on Saturday evening in the middle of nowhere as I stood next to my bike with not a sole around me and little knowledge of where anyone was I said to myself...... Self "WTF" .... I listened intently to see if I might here a bike.... maybe Julio would relise he missed me at the turn and turn around? Maybe Buddy and Steve would ride up from one direction or another?

This is adventure riding at it's best guys and I had a smile on my face thinking how great this moment was. Now to start figuring out how to get everyone back together.....

To be continued...
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #63
Slowred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
Great RR and epic adventure guys!
Slowred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #64
Montek
Eternal Noob

Oddometer: 947
thanks MAN

I had an absolute blast!!! doesn't matter that it took 5 tubes to make a tire-doesn't matter we had to re-route because of tire/tube mishaps!!!! This dumbass hickdork enjoyed the shinola out of the weekend.

Thanks Drew, Richard n Steve for putting this route together and for putting such a ragtag bunch-o-riders together. What a fun bunch to race through the desert with.

Rocks, sand, asphalt, wide open dirt roads, and DUST. 2 wheels, water and a chase truck, pizza from a place called velvet elvis, what could possibly be better.

Thanks everyone
Monte
Old 10-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #65
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
I just can't imagine the thoughts of those game and fish and border patrol guys when you guys ripped through their check point at 90mph!

That's fuckin funny!

I'm in on the next one, even if I have to rent a bike!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #66
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 23,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
I just can't imagine the thoughts of those game and fish and border patrol guys when you guys ripped through their check point at 90mph!

Old 10-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #67
Montek
Eternal Noob

Oddometer: 947
humor

humor in uniform-they kinda lost the sense of humor for a short bit-either that or they have a really, really, REALLY dry sense of humor.

But, in the end they be pretty cool about the situation n didn't bust balls just to bust balls.

I think when the helicopter couldn't keep up with us is when the sense of humor got a little dry!!!! .
Old 10-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #68
Mil T
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
The Arizona 900

Hey guys this heres THE GHOST. I have some great pics and vids coming soon when I figure out how to attach them to a post. All I heard was goooooooo the whole time so I went. lol lol. pics to come. had a great time this weekend with all of you. the official count on flats was 9 moto flats. 2 truck flats with one being sidewall gash and other one a leaky shreider valve. I think we r having to brush stars off the top of the raptor still and scrape game and fish guys out of the grill. Hope to do it again soon. git r dun. haul ass

Mil T screwed with this post 10-08-2013 at 09:25 PM
Mil T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #69
motozona
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
That's the craziest MotorTrend review I've ever read.. referring to the chase truck. Will that show up on the Carfax ?

Great ride report guys..
motozona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #70
Mil T
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil T View Post
Hey guys this heres THE GHOST. I have some great pics and vids coming soon when I figure out how to attach them to a post. All I heard was goooooooo the whole time so I went. lol lol. pics to come. had a great time this weekend with all of you. the official count on flats was 9 moto flats. 2 truck flats with one being sidewall gash and other one a leaky shreider valve. I think we r having to brush stars off the top of the raptor still and scrape game and fish guys out of the grill. Hope to do it again soon. git r dun. haul ass

You see why he's called the GHOST? He uses my identity and makes it all look like my fault. So now you know how he did it.
He's here one second and the next he's somewhere else, (like the passenger seat after kicking the ole man out to take the rap).
That's why he's called the GHOST.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #71
Mil T
Studly Adventurer

the begining

Good Ole Waffle House start line. Let's get to the first check point.

Mil T screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 10:52 AM
Old 10-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #72
Mil T
Studly Adventurer

raptor wrangler roundup

[/IMG] ready set 85. the cones were the start of my race.lol. I am happy I didn't take the suggestions to go go after I was stoped. because I had put it back in gear and was two seconds away from putting the hammer down again. damn that woulda been a rush. they would have sent out a heli then. we both would have been it concrete corner then. oh and that was not a british model. good thing ya didn't get shot or thrown in jail. I will definatly make a contribution to the cost of the ticket. since I am the one that told u to go. lol. love ya. notice how he was in drivers seat after we got stopped though. haha

Mil T screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 06:28 PM
Old 10-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #73
Mil T
Studly Adventurer

quicksand gulch put the hammer down

We were happy to be in the truck in this never ending sand wash. We ended up with a good case of Arizona Pinstriping on the truck but it gave it character.

[/IMG]

Mil T screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 10:54 AM
Old 10-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #74
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Ghost-
you have to host your images offsite. Place them in photobucket or flickr or get a smugmug account and upload your pics to that. then you can link them back in here.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #75
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
That self shot of cyberdos doesn't look like tinted goggles!?...
They may not look like it when directly in the sun but they do have a slight tint which makes them great to ride with when the sun is really bright.

I think this is the last ride on this tire.

I said maybe.