Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #151
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by auguzt View Post
Pernat gave an interesting personal note on Pedrosa: bad luck apart, when the pressure for the title is gone, he suddenly becomes the fastest of the pack. And that's not the best strategy to become MotoGP World Champion for sure...
Seems plausible, that he had a good chance to win at Aragon as well.. and this would have kept him in the title fight.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #152
Mike Yanagita
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Pernat gave an interesting personal note on Pedrosa: bad luck apart, when the pressure for the title is gone, he suddenly becomes the fastest of the pack. And that's not the best strategy to become MotoGP World Champion for sure...
Pernat's always been a little down on Pedrosa. He won Sepang in the rain last year (and would've won 2011) -- I don't know where he gets this "suddenly".
Mike Yanagita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #153
Crisis management
Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer: 1,420
A bit of a different ride for Mark, had a bit of a go at Jorge then stood back, picked his line and made a very strong pass, I haven't looked at lap times but I have a strong suspiscion he let Dani win this one. Saving himself for being crowned World Chanpion at Philip Island?

Moto 3 was great as usual, Moto 2 was even better (baring the crash) I'm a Pol fan so was happy with the result.

Once MotoGP settled down it was on of the most boring races I have watched and I'm not usually one to complain about that sort of thing. I am thoroughly over Vale coming fourth, I want to see him on the podium!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #154
ohiofathead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Pernat gave an interesting personal note on Pedrosa: bad luck apart, when the pressure for the title is gone, he suddenly becomes the fastest of the pack.

...fastest of the pack as long as the fastest guy is protecting his points lead and finishing a safe second instead of dicing for the win.
ohiofathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #155
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
Pernat's always been a little down on Pedrosa. He won Sepang in the rain last year (and would've won 2011) -- I don't know where he gets this "suddenly".
Agreed. IMO Dani always pushes. He's just crashed a lot. If he had finished every race this year..... who knows?
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #156
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,251
Outstanding Moto3 race

ErikY. screwed with this post 10-13-2013 at 01:33 PM
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #157
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,230
I think Pedrosa was due to win one, but he really showed some fortitude in getting it done at Sepang, considering his get-off last race and the pain he surely was feeling. Well done.

What a shame to see Hayden's efforts toward a decent race (for Ducati)go unrewarded. I'd rather see him fighting with CE for points paying positions than riding that pig of a bike.

Looking forward to history being made next race, with MM capturing the title. Best rider on the best bike is how it should be.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #158
twotyred
Practising Recedivist

Oddometer: 1,925
After all that has been said pre-race, I thought it was a very nice gesture for Lorenzo to shake hands with Marquez on the warm down lap. Excellent sportsmanship!!

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #159
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,266
Great to see Pedrosa enthused at the end of that one. I don't think I have ever seen him as stoked. I think if MM could have closed the gap he would have even though he may not have risked a pass. Just to make a point I think he would have wanted to be right on his tail crossing the line if possible.

JLo showed, at least to me, what an outstanding racer he is once again. He's not my favorite guy on the track but he's impressive to no end. The whole package.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #160
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by viajero View Post
What a shame to see Hayden's efforts toward a decent race (for Ducati)go unrewarded. I'd rather see him fighting with CE for points paying positions than riding that pig of a bike.
Looked like he was truly disgusted when he walked away from the TT- "good riddance you POS".

NH could get better results riding a Moto2 bike in MotoGP.

The Duc factory needs to hear that some U.S. customers are going to look elsewhere for their next bike. I thought that I wanted an 1199.......NOT any more.

Ducati- you have really lost your way.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #161
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
Can hardly wait to see these guys at Phillip island.

Especially Jack Miller at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
Outstanding Moto3 race

Old 10-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #162
slowbike smallpenis
Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer: 19,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
I really find it distasteful that you assume the worst from my statement instead if asking me outright whether or not that is what I meant. Frankly, I was referring to him being penalized for pushing too hard and being the cause of someone else's crash. Given a couple more laps, he could have easily dispensed with Dani in a much safer manner and continued to decimate Jorge.

A penalty would bring the realization that he is indeed endangering others unnecessarily. Maybe not as overtly blatantly like Bautista has but he has been nonetheless.
Nonsense - hes a breath of fresh air.

Credit where it is due. .... in a word awesome.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #163
slowbike smallpenis
Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer: 19,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
Looked like he was truly disgusted when he walked away from the TT- "good riddance you POS".

NH could get better results riding a Moto2 bike in MotoGP.

The Duc factory needs to hear that some U.S. customers are going to look elsewhere for their next bike. I thought that I wanted an 1199.......NOT any more.

Ducati- you have really lost your way.
To be fair, Hayden has ridden on a Honda as well and well, you know how many times he won on that thing

His team mate for 2013 has only had one season on it and I cant recall Hayden beating him to often

The Ducati is a pig, but then old saying about a poor tradesman always blaming his tools ... why he would want to stay on a thing that has no chance of winning is beyond me anyway.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #164
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbike smallpenis View Post
Nonsense - hes a breath of fresh air.

Credit where it is due. .... in a word awesome.
Not to mention that Dani clearly had the field covered as he moved up. He went by and MM tried to step it up. He made a mistake in what appeared to me to be a frantic counter attack. There is no doubt in my mind that DP should have won that race by several seconds. But it doesn't matter in the end, because he didn't.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #165
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
Outstanding Moto3 race
So what was Alex Marquez thinking with 3 laps to go when he looked back exiting the corner and promptly dropped from 1st to 5th? It certainly didn't help his drive out of the corner.

Damn good race.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote