Old 12-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #182
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,228
For sure

That's the truth. I went down south to apex

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitydirt View Post
I was told the same thing until I gave them cash to hold me one. Then it became "the first R we get is yours. Nobody else on the list has put a deposit down". You know the old saying " money talks-bullsh@t walks"
ebrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #183
BrightSight
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I have deposits at two Colorado KTM dealers

I have enjoyed reading this Forum for quite a while. I decided to register with ADVrider today just so that I could contribute to this thread which has now wandered onto the topic of reserving bikes at two particular Colorado KTM dealers.

On the morning of Thursday 7 November 2013, I put a non-refundable $50 down at Apex Sports in Colorado Springs for a Standard 1190 Adventure without ever seeing one. I had not yet made a final decision to actually buy this bike, but I thought $50 was a small price to get in line early. Steve, the sales guy at Apex, told me that I would be able to purchase the second Standard that Apex received.

On unrelated business, I had to drive to northern Colorado that same afternoon, and took the opportunity to stop by Elite Motorsports in Longmont. I was astonished and delighted to see an orange Standard 1190 Adventure demo with Roger's name neatly painted on it. Roger said that no one had yet put money down to reserve a Standard, and that if I plunked down $500 right then, I would get his first Standard. I did not have time to take a test ride, but just sitting on it was enough to convince me to buy the thing (but a gray one since the orange color might clash with my hi-viz yellow mesh jacket). I told Roger that I lived in Colorado Springs and that I had already put down a deposit at Apex Sports. Roger said that if I put $500 down to reserve his first one and then purchased the bike from Apex instead, that he would transfer my $500 deposit to in-store credit. I reflexively handed Roger my credit card and he rang up the $500 charge.

The following week, I let Steve at Apex know about my plan-B deposit at Elite Motorsports.

Roger called today to tell me that he expected to receive a gray Standard on Tuesday. I then called Steve at Apex and he said that they were receiving some combination of Standard and R 1190 Adventurers next week sometime. Since I am number two in line for a Standard, Steve could not be sure there would be a grey Standard for me in this shipment, but that he would let me know on Tuesday.

Looks like I will be getting my gray 1190 Adventure next week from either Apex Sports or Elite Motorsports.

BrightSight screwed with this post 12-14-2013 at 07:35 PM
BrightSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #184
BrightSight
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Correction to my post above

Elite Motorsports is located in Loveland, CO not Longmont, CO.
BrightSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #185
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,706
Just spoke to our KTM dealership in the Salt Lake Valley. NO 1190's delivered yet, not expecting them until the start of 2014....WTF......
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #186
veesquared
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
My Adventure arrived last friday

Picked it up . Did 35 miles of twisties and 15 back road . Awesome mid range . This thing feels so similar to the seating posistion of mt F 650 dakar and close to my KTM 690E . Im going to love this bike for a long time. I live in eastern Tn . My dealer has two R's and one orange Adventure. Mountain Motorsports. Kodak , Tn.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #187
harryzgnilek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by veesquared View Post
Picked it up . Did 35 miles of twisties and 15 back road . Awesome mid range . This thing feels so similar to the seating posistion of mt F 650 dakar and close to my KTM 690E . Im going to love this bike for a long time. I live in eastern Tn . My dealer has two R's and one orange Adventure. Mountain Motorsports. Kodak , Tn.
Did you get the R or standard?
how is the low end fuelling?
harryzgnilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #188
veesquared
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzgnilek View Post
Did you get the R or standard?
how is the low end fuelling?
i bought a standard. i rode it slowly oaround the parking lot once in a fairly large circle. The fueling is not refined like it could be and the bike was ice cold . too early to tell.
Over the road the fueling is excellent . Taking off from stops excellent . transmission shifted very smoothly. detected a small amount of driveline lash . Very pleased. hope to get several hundred miles on by the weekend . Going to be 60 here. I hope you guys get yours very soon. i really think you'll like it.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #189
harryzgnilek
Gnarly Adventurer

Laugh

Quote:
i bought a standard. i rode it slowly oaround the parking lot once in a fairly large circle. The fueling is not refined like it could be and the bike was ice cold . too early to tell.
Over the road the fueling is excellent . Taking off from stops excellent . transmission shifted very smoothly. detected a small amount of driveline lash . Very pleased. hope to get several hundred miles on by the weekend . Going to be 60 here. I hope you guys get yours very soon. i really think you'll like it.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #190
veesquared
Gnarly Adventurer

Montreal , eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzgnilek View Post
Off topic . Used to go to Montreal to watch the 70s Boston Bruins get their butts handed to them by the Canadiens . Yee Old Munich. schnapps and beer. Queen Elisabeth hotel.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #191
harryzgnilek
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Off topic . Used to go to Montreal to watch the 70s Boston Bruins get their butts handed to them by the Canadiens . Yee Old Munich. schnapps and beer. Queen Elisabeth hotel.
Ya the good old days the old Munich .. closed years ago and now Boston kicks the Canadians bad
Old 12-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #192
ktmwes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
Just spoke to our KTM dealership in the Salt Lake Valley. NO 1190's delivered yet, not expecting them until the start of 2014....WTF......
Same here in Oklahoma, dealer said after the first of the year for mine. I'm guessing that delivery trucks are having a hard time crossing the Mississippi river or it vacation time for the drivers

14 KTM 1190 Adventure
10 Kawasaki 650 Versys
ktmwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #193
JBird
Retriever

Oddometer: 782
What sense does it make for KTM to be sending unsold bikes to dealers while those with deposits are left waiting??

Wasn't that the point of putting money down?
'08 Goldwing
'98 Golden Retriever
JBird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #194
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
What sense does it make for KTM to be sending unsold bikes to dealers while those with deposits are left waiting??

Wasn't that the point of putting money down?
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #195
aspaldo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
The hype is real!

Mine arrived last Friday, but I went to the International Motorcycle Show in NYC this past weekend, so I wasn't able to pick it up until last night.

I remember when I bought my '07 FJR, I was blown away at how much different/better it was than the '03 Buell XB9S I was previously riding. I can safely say it's the same feeling all over again. This time I'm "down sizing." So far I'm a happy camper.

If only this winter thing would hurry up and pass...