Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #61
aspaldo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
Do both the standard and the R come stock with MSC?
They do.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #62
avc8130
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 958
I just rode a 2013 demo at my local dealer today in NJ. He said he still doesn't have firm pricing or details of what the 14 will be or when he will get it. Said they were allocated 4 std units and were hoping to get 2 Rs. Right now they are taking deposits but had no expected date of availability.

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #63
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,156
Talking anyone want to buy a couple Honda's?

Put my money down on one this week, $16,799.00 before any add on's. White one, the dealer here in KC Got his order form Wednesday and called me to order mine. They did not offer the gray one here in the states.

car94 screwed with this post 11-09-2013 at 06:02 AM
car94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #64
DRTII
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
Put my money down on one this week, $16,799.00 before any add on's. White one, the dealer here in KC Got his order form Wednesday and called me to order mine. They did not offer the grey one here in the states.
Which model? I was unaware the R came in white if you meant that, would be great if it did.
DRTII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #65
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTII View Post
Which model? I was unaware the R came in white if you meant that, would be great if it did.
The R Model, Sat there with the owner of Freedom Cycles and ordered it. He said the options they Gave him were the one that is mostly Orange and the White and Black one.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #66
smj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
They have a 1190 test ride bike at Elite Motorsports in Loveland CO. Heading up today to take a test ride, see what this bike is all about. I'll ride the 990 up...
Old 11-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #67
DRTII
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
The R Model, Sat there with the owner of Freedom Cycles and ordered it. He said the options they Gave him were the one that is mostly Orange and the White and Black one.
...god that's hot.
DRTII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #68
vasculopath
You're not your bike

Oddometer: 358
Put a deposit on an R here in Santa Fe today. Dealer submitting his order next week. Pretty sure I'm first in line. He did say that he would have a demo. He thought delivery MIGHT be in December, though I'm not gonna hold my breath. I won't get a whole lot of riding in this winter if we have a big snow year anyway.
vasculopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #69
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 985
This is all good news........Think its going to be spring before I can order one as I need to sell one of mine and spring is when it would move probably.

Oh well, just have watch you guys enjoy them for the winter

2007 Yamaha TW 200 / 2008 Buell Ulysses
2013 Triumph Tiger 800r / 2014 KTM 1190 EDS
kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #70
FrankBlank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
I just rode a 2013 demo at my local dealer today in NJ. He said he still doesn't have firm pricing or details of what the 14 will be or when he will get it. Said they were allocated 4 std units and were hoping to get 2 Rs. Right now they are taking deposits but had no expected date of availability.

ac

i rode the same bike a few days ago (assuming your local dealer is east hanover). i wasn't necessarily expecting to, but i really liked it. the fueling was much better than other non-carburated ktms i've tried. the gearbox was smooth, the suspension was really good (compliant but controlled), it was light for a large bike, and the motor in "sport" mode was pretty f-ing awesome. you'd definitely go through some rear tires on this thing - i didn't exactly go crazy on my ride and the rear was showing a bit of "orange peel" when i got back (i think they were continental trail attacks; pretty street-biased.).

i still think it's kind of a homely bike, especially from the front, but it looked a little bit better in person. i also felt some of the heat i've seen people complaining about in other threads, but on a 55 degree day it was nothing. on the whole, though, i was really impressed - the test ride definitely made an impression. it would certainly be near the top of my list if i was in the market. (though, while it's not the kind of thing you really consider with an "adventure tourer", i could see getting in trouble with my license on this thing.)
Old 11-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #71
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,437
Mike Larson has a demo with 1000 miles on it for $15.1k here in MN.

FYI
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #72
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,235
Quote:
There's grey, orange and the R model, that's it.
JTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #73
avc8130
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBlank View Post
i rode the same bike a few days ago (assuming your local dealer is east hanover). i wasn't necessarily expecting to, but i really liked it. the fueling was much better than other non-carburated ktms i've tried. the gearbox was smooth, the suspension was really good (compliant but controlled), it was light for a large bike, and the motor in "sport" mode was pretty f-ing awesome. you'd definitely go through some rear tires on this thing - i didn't exactly go crazy on my ride and the rear was showing a bit of "orange peel" when i got back (i think they were continental trail attacks; pretty street-biased.).

i still think it's kind of a homely bike, especially from the front, but it looked a little bit better in person. i also felt some of the heat i've seen people complaining about in other threads, but on a 55 degree day it was nothing. on the whole, though, i was really impressed - the test ride definitely made an impression. it would certainly be near the top of my list if i was in the market. (though, while it's not the kind of thing you really consider with an "adventure tourer", i could see getting in trouble with my license on this thing.)
I put 35 miles on that bike and even took it down a gravel road...twice. All I could think of when riding was this:

followed by which will clearly lead to an officer like this

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #74
FrankBlank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
I put 35 miles on that bike and even took it down a gravel road...twice. All I could think of when riding was this:

followed by which will clearly lead to an officer like this

ac

35 miles? man, i should have stayed out on it longer...
Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #75
1Buffalo
High Plains Drifter

Oddometer: 78
I've been fortunate enough to ride two of them in San Diego. One last weekend and one today. Both were grey and an absolutely amazing bike. Today I put about 50 miles on the bike, came back to my dealer, put down a check and placed my order which should arrive in mid December. I like the grey but I think I'm getting the burnt orange. I know a lot of people aren't crazy about that color but my blood runs orange, so...

Got the Adventure Package with Akrapovic Pipe, full luggage, heated seat, crash guards and skid plate.

The wait is almost over!

Cheers
1Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote