User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,689
BMW R1200 Maintenance Video For Sale!!

In stock and available for delivery! Please see any of the vendors, or my website. www.jvbproductions.com

Thanks!

Please see the notice about a correction at the bottom of this post!

Jim

Due to the recent increase in postage, and my initial shipping price being lower than cost, the price of shipping has gone up $1 across the board.

This means $3 US, $4 Canada, $6 Europe and Australia.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and any orders taken prior to this notice will receive the original price.

I am happy to announce that the new order of DVD's is in, and you can be sure your orders will be covered by me, or by one of the fine dealers listed below!

Check with these vendors for orders from their stock if you prefer to pay by credit card:

Vendors of the JVB Productions DVDs, and many other fine products for your motorcycles:

www.beemerboneyard.com.................................................. Used BMW Parts, and many new replacement parts and supplies

www.beemershop.com .....................BMW Accessories, parts and service, plus the US distributer of the GS-911 diagnostic tool

www.bestrestproducts.com ...............................Many great BMW and ather motorcycle brand and inhouse created accessories

www.cyclenutz.com .................................................. ........Great selection of BMW and other brands of motorcycle accessories

http://www.hex.co.za/ .................................................. .....Creator of the BMW GS-911 diagnostoc tool, and other service items

www.marcparnes.com .................................................. .................................................. ..Excellent quality tools for the BMW

Thank you all for your support, and encouragement!

The video covers all of the following categories, and is designed to allow you to complete all the requirements for maintaining your bike to BMW specifications. It is designed for ALL R1200 series motorcycles (Not including the R1200 cruisers), though it is centered around the R1200GS since that is what I have, and was available for filming.

• Removing Gas Tank
  • Changing the Oil
  • Replace the Transmission Fluid
  • Changing the Final Drive Gear Oil
  • Valve Adjustment
  • Air Filter Change
  • Brake Bleeding, servo-ABS system
  • Replace Alternator Belt
  • Fuel Tank Install
  • Fault Code Read
  • Throttle Body Sync
  • Miscellaneous Checks

I have included the necessary tools, supplies and torque specifications to complete all the listed services. I have also added many helpful tips and notes to make this as simple as possible.

Consider this, the tool to remove and install the alternator belt is nearly $150, I teach you how to do it with no special tools, a savings of $125 right there!

A typical 6K service will run you around $300-450, depending on location. The brake bleed alone can run as high as $400.

What I did not include, since I felt they were self explanatory, was how to check your oil, tires, and lights. I also did not include how to check spoke wheels since I did not have a spokes wheel bike available, they will be available on the Companion DVD.

The DVD should assist those of you on the fence in deciding you CAN do these expensive services yourself, and save money for those all important farkles, and gas for riding!

Those of you with 1100/1150 BMW R series bikes can also benefit from this video in that most of the service items are done the same way, and with the same tools.

Some items, like Alternator belt changing, non-servo-brakes, and final drive fluid changes are different, and will be covered in the upcoming BMW R Series Companion DVD. This DVD will also cover the addition of various farkles like Jesse bags, a Blue Seas./Centech Fuse Box, and many other accessories like GPS and XM radios.

It took slightly more work than I thought it would, 30 hours of shooting video, and 150 hours of editing it, plus a lot of hassle trying to get it formatted to a clean copy, but it is done.

The DVDs are available for $25 plus $3 shipping to the continental US, $3 to Canada and $5 for Western Europe. E-mail me, or PM me for other locations.

I will accept Paypal at JimVonBaden@msn.com, this is my preferred method of payment and my e-mail address. I will also accept money orders, and personal checks. PM, or E-mail me, for instructions.

The DVD will be available for shipping. The video is produced into a master pressed format like a store bought movie which should be viewable on most DVD formats (NTSC), as well as virtually any lap-top computer. Many top line DVD players in Europe also play this format, though it is the North American Standard. See this link for locations in which this DVD will definitely work.

Here are a few samples:

Here is a short, very low quality video clip. The real DVD has good quality video. Though, keep in mind that though I am a professional trainer this is my first ever video for publication, so there are a few small errors in it.

Thanks you all for your support of this effort, especially Mr. Nice Guy for getting the ball rolling! I hope it is worth the effort, and not only saves you money, but helps you to be more independent in doing your own work.

Jim (AKA Jim Von Baden)

Notice:

Greetings:

I feel it is necessary to inform you of a mistake on the DVD.

The mistake on the DVD is in the valve adjusting procedure section on the torque value of the three rocker arm support bolts, T45 head. See the attached picture. This is ONLY applicable IF you adjust the rocker arm end play. Not for simple valve adjustments. The torque value listed was 40nm, and the real torque value is 20nm.

I had originally verified the torque value with both the factory manual on DVD, as well as online with a reputable source. Either they are both mislabeled, or they are not clear. Nonetheless, the correct value is 20nm, not 40nm. The head bolt, 15mm, torque value is correct as stated.

I want to thank you all for purchasing the DVD I created. Your support has encouraged me to continue to make instructional DVD’s.

Jim Bade AKA Jim Von Baden

JimVonBaden screwed with this post 02-02-2011 at 09:55 AM
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
* SHAG *
Unstable

Oddometer: 4,270
Nice work Jim! Will you be selling them at the MOA?
05-GS- Rock Red 91k
06-GS- Dakar-40k Sold
* SHAG * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by * SHAG *
Nice work Jim! Will you be selling them at the MOA?
They will be for sale at the MOA, RA and a few other rallys, though not likely by me directly. They will also be available online in the future with several well known vendors that also frequent this forum. I am working with them now to set it up, but wanted to sell a few to you FF's myself.

Jim
Old 04-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #4
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,220
Jim over time i have read pretty much every one of your posting with great interest, always to the point, but also full of easy to understand wisdom and not to much "Hyper complicated Bs" that scares people away.

I can varelly image how useful this video is going to be for everybody that owns and works on his 1200 (and as you say the other 259 engines too)

best of luck on this endevor, i can only wish you the best sucess on this first attept and that everybody will respect you intelectual property (not making Bootlegs and crap like that, or just selling their own version base on your work) so you can keep making instructional videos for other machines..

Tu Admirador

Ricardo
Old 04-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #5
airansun
Ride Wet!

Oddometer: 307
Just PayPal'ed you

Jim:

I just sent you the funds via PayPal. Do I get serial number 001?

Thanks for doing this for all of us!

Bob Aaronson
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
airansun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
blazer
Vote Blazer for President

Oddometer: 2,843
Jim,

Just sent payment also.

Any chance you can do one of these for the new GT as well?

Thanks!

B-

I'd be President if Obama didn't win!
blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
Glierly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Thanks Jim

Just sent funds via paypal.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together.

Gary
Old 04-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #8
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Thanks guys!

It is the incredible support of this site that has encouraged me to do this, and I hope it works out well for everyone!

This DVD may be just the first of several. I have plans and video "in the can" for the Companion DVD to this one, and some serious interest for the K1200 series (brick, and new generation), so they might come along as well in the future!

Jim
Old 04-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #9
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn
Jim over time i have read pretty much every one of your posting with great interest, always to the point, but also full of easy to understand wisdom and not to much "Hyper complicated Bs" that scares people away.

I can varelly image how useful this video is going to be for everybody that owns and works on his 1200 (and as you say the other 259 engines too)

best of luck on this endevor, i can only wish you the best sucess on this first attept and that everybody will respect you intelectual property (not making Bootlegs and crap like that, or just selling their own version base on your work) so you can keep making instructional videos for other machines..

Tu Admirador

Ricardo
A special thanks to you Ricardo! Your opinion means a lot to me!

Jim
Old 04-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #10
dyvking
ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer: 3,270
Paypal sent for DVD!

Hi Jim..
thanks for all your efforts on getting this DVD for the R12GS out. I sent Paypal funds this evening, with my address.
2014 Fitness Goal: hike 1200 miles. Only 420 more to go.
dyvking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #11
dyvking
ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer: 3,270
Paypal sent for DVD!

Thanks for your efforts, Jim!
I just sent you the funds via Paypal, with my mailing address.
2014 Fitness Goal: hike 1200 miles. Only 420 more to go.
dyvking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #12
Infallible
Into the Wild Blue Yonder

Oddometer: 1,058
Email sent.
Infallible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #13
rangepig
Brick Flyer

Oddometer: 77
Wow! Thanks for making this Jim. Paypal sent.

--rangepig
rangepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #14
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,974
This looks popular Jim! Where do I buy stock?
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #15
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadMan
This looks popular Jim! Where do I buy stock?
Sorry Dan, no discounts for you!

Jim

PS I hope to at least break even!