ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #136
jphii
OK, now what?
 
jphii's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Greenville, NC
Oddometer: 1,833
You must have a different link than the one he sent me.
__________________

jphii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:24 AM   #137
Random-Water
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphii View Post
You must have a different link than the one he sent me.
I had same problem. Link he sent me has showed nothing for quite some time.

Try this.
http://stores.ebay.com/Surplus-Moto-Gear
I now see lots of items!
Random-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:11 AM   #138
jphii
OK, now what?
 
jphii's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Greenville, NC
Oddometer: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random-Water View Post
I had same problem. Link he sent me has showed nothing for quite some time.

Try this.
http://stores.ebay.com/Surplus-Moto-Gear
I now see lots of items!
Yep, that makes a difference!
__________________

jphii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #139
ACME Rider Supply OP
Adventurer
 
ACME Rider Supply's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 55
Thanks TxTiger. Im back from my 7,000 mile ride/walk-about. The link posted up is accurate http://stores.ebay.com/Surplus-Moto-Gear.

Thanks for your patience. Im down to a lot of odds-n-ends now so if you see something you like PM me and I will give an ADV discount of 10% off the price you see on the ebay store.
__________________

ACME Rider Supply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #140
TxTiger
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACME Rider Supply View Post
Thanks TxTiger. Im back from my 7,000 mile ride/walk-about. The link posted up is accurate http://stores.ebay.com/Surplus-Moto-Gear.

Thanks for your patience. Im down to a lot of odds-n-ends now so if you see something you like PM me and I will give an ADV discount of 10% off the price you see on the ebay store.
Some good stuff on the ebay store guys (and gals), check it out.
TxTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:03 PM   #141
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Clark Co, WA
Oddometer: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTiger View Post
Some good stuff on the ebay store guys (and gals), check it out.
Link doesn't work.
__________________
2000 Honda VFR800, 2008 Husqvarna TE-610
Baroquenride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:26 AM   #142
zeeede
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroquenride View Post
Link doesn't work.
Worked for me:

http://stores.ebay.com/Surplus-Moto-Gear
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #143
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer
 
cognosticator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Rincon, GA
Oddometer: 714
A question on the
NEW ALPINESTARS EXPRESS DRYSTAR WATERPROOF RIDING PANTS



I am trying to get a good idea on sizing, everywhere on the net it shows these as being overpants, but in your description it states these are stand alone pants. I don't want baggy overpant and wonder if these are actually stand alone pants and if so, I usually wear a size 36 in jeans and wonder if the XL will work for me. Thanks


I also sent you a PM on this
__________________
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2011 Triumph Speed Triple
Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #144
TxTiger
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by cognosticator View Post
A question on the
NEW ALPINESTARS EXPRESS DRYSTAR WATERPROOF RIDING PANTS



I am trying to get a good idea on sizing, everywhere on the net it shows these as being overpants, but in your description it states these are stand alone pants. I don't want baggy overpant and wonder if these are actually stand alone pants and if so, I usually wear a size 36 in jeans and wonder if the XL will work for me. Thanks


I also sent you a PM on this
Hey Jerry. I don't want to butt in on your question to Acme Rider, but what I've done on many of the items I've purchased from him, is go to Revzilla and see if they have a company video review or customer reviews. I've found that the sizing issues are often covered, some having different opinions, but overall I've been able to get a good feel for sizing. I've bought lots of stuff from Acme Rider and definitely give it a 5 star. No affiliation, just like to patronize well managed small businesses, particularly when they offer great closeout prices.

That being said, I've found the Alpinestars to run small. I think I have the same pants. Mine are called the Alpinestars Bregenz Dry Star. Anyway, the ones I have, if the same, are not overpants. I'm 5'8", 160 lb, 34 inch waist and 30" inseam. I first bought the large, but they were a tad tight in the waist. I paid for return shipping (all lables in place and as sent), and got the extra large. They fit good in the waist but are too long, where the knee armor is below the knee. I wear separate knee armor so this isn't an issue. These tend to be an athletic fit. In the jacket I also got an extra large, and it fits very well. The quality is very good. Hope this helps.

TxTiger screwed with this post 08-08-2014 at 05:48 PM
TxTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #145
ACME Rider Supply OP
Adventurer
 
ACME Rider Supply's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 55
PM's, questions ect Answered thank you.

Ron- Thanks for posting. Hopefully I can buy you a beer one day for your kind support.

ALSO...>>>> I have few sets of left over DualSport Tires listed here: Fair prices include shipping CONUS. Help make them disappear......

Here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24715253#post24715253
__________________

ACME Rider Supply is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014