Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #256
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,969
fOck... just read it from Martino's FB ... Boy this guy cannot catch a break...

Quote:
Today Helder had an electrical problem with the bike really stupid ..... tomorrow will start even though it is out of contention
Old 10-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #257
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
fOck... just read it from Martino's FB ... Boy this guy cannot catch a break... G]
Well, it certainly wasn't fuel, Sam stopped and couldn't help!
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #258
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,854
Stage 3- track

Done some Google Earth stuff and created a track for stage 3 from the map. Some japanese/austrians must be doing the same thing right now :) This is nothing fancy like Hogwild or Bluebull's, but I believe it may be accurate enogh to have a good idea of the terrain. Have fun looking it in Google Earth and don't forget to see the Panoramio pics along the way.

The terrain is amazing - Lake Iriki (to the West of tomorrow's stage is where we must look for new speed records and Erg Chegaga will provide de dunes (once did a crossing there with an 1150 and it certainly left memories ).

When CP's kms will be known it'll be easy to place them. Download here

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #259
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,760
Helder had much better results when he built his own bikes and ran in a semi privateer team. I feel bad for him as his "factory dream ride" keeps leaving him on the side of the track.

No surprise to see the alien doing well

Awesome result for your young Sam

On a cell so can't contribute but appreciating the updates everyone

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #260
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M View Post
This is nothing fancy like Hogwild or Bluebull's
What do you mean? That's TOP NOTCH work right there! You're a pro now!
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #261
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Helder had much better results when he built his own bikes and ran in a semi privateer team. I feel bad for him as his "factory dream ride" keeps leaving him on the side of the track.

No surprise to see the alien doing well

Awesome result for your young Sam

On a cell so can't contribute but appreciating the updates everyone
Same as me for the next 3 days other than after the fact in the evening, in addition to the comments on the HRC site Sam says that so far it's been mental, difficult navigation, total& continuous concentration and f****ng dangerous!

He feels that Southern European riders know the area well and may have an advantage - but that may not be the case over the next 2 days.

He is going to try and continue to ride safe and as conservative as possible - f**k knows what it would be like if he went for it

too old screwed with this post 10-15-2013 at 10:44 AM
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #262
640 Armageddon
-oo-

I also feel bad for helder...
Now I see the photo that I put earlier, earlier with helder on the side of the bike. I noticed a spare lever on the bottom of the tank near the exhaust brace. Then underneath that, there is something like a red tape? Sticker?

Any clues?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #263
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Found this on the Internet, notice the huge oil cooler they are running
Spare gear lever on the tower. Swiss type knife in the leather pouch still on the tower... Some things never change...
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #264
Aussie66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Just an easy place to put a spare. Tape stuff where you can, zip tie etc, extra chain link inside airbox etc etc.

Ps love the KTM nav tower.

Pps any idea of the Honda cost?
Old 10-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #265
ric678
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M View Post
damm that tire is wasted
Old 10-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #266
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric678 View Post
damm that tire is wasted
In sub 300 km's too...

The formula 450's are using every single one of the ponies they are producing... it would be interesting to see some throttle position data from the new crop of - say the top 5 competitors - modern 450's... as opposed to the the corresponding readings from the top five 690 pilots from say 2010 or so...

My gut feeling is that they are "on it" far more regularly with the 450's today, than they were on the last generation of big singles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #267
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,658
I found some really, really good pictures on FB. These are my Favorites. I can't make them smaller. If they are too big, let me know and I'll remove them.

Sam

Paulo

Landscape

Kurt

Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #268
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

A few more:

Old 10-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #269
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Joan Barreda's Update via FB

Joan Barreda

Joan Barreda: Gran etapa abriendo pista.

El piloto de Honda Racing HRC cede por 17 segundos el primer puesto de la clasificación general y ahora el de Castellón es segundo, en beneficio de su compañero Paulo Gonçalves, todo ello tras rodar todo el día en solitario.

Fotografías: Ph. RallyZone - Barni/Bauer...
Rally de Marruecos
Campeonato Mundo FIM de Cross-Country
15/10/2013
Etapa 2ª DE JBEL EN JBEL. Enlace 49 KM - Especial: 240 KM - Enlace : 9 KM

Tras la exitosa etapa de ayer, en la que Joan Barreda terminó en primera posición, hoy le correspondía abrir pista y con ello el handicap de navegar sin tener referencias de ningún piloto. Después de completar los 240 kilómetros cronometrados que formaban la segunda especial del Rally de Marruecos, Barreda ha conseguido llegar sin ser cazado por ninguno de sus rivales, eso sí, perdía tiempo y finalizaba en quinta posición.

El de Castellón ocupa ahora la segunda plaza de la última prueba del Campeonato del Mundo de Rallies Cross-Country, a tan sólo 17 segundos de su compañero del Team Honda Racing HRC y ganador de la etapa de hoy y nuevo líder de la prueba.

En la etapa de mañana, los pilotos afrontarán un enlace inicial de 65 kilómetros para después disputar la tercera especial del rally de 250 kilómetros. Tras ello, habrá otro enlace final de 98 kilómetros.

Joan Barreda comentaba: "Hoy no era fácil abrir la etapa desde la primera posición, pero fue todo bien, pues no perdí demasiado tiempo y tener dos pilotos rápidos como Marc y Paulo detrás empujando todo del día, significa que tengo que estar contento con el resultado. Había un montón de difícil navegación y tenía que marcar la ruta por adelantado. Al final he conseguido una buena posición de salida para mañana y ello es muy importante al tener que salir detrás de ellos. Mi moto ha funcionado increíble y los ajustes que los ingenieros van realizando en mi Honda CRF se notan día a día . ¡Felicitaciones a Paulo! "

Resultados Etapa 2:

1. Paulo Goncalves 2:50:22 hrs
2. Marc Coma a 00:02:00
3. Sam Sunderland a 00:02:09
4. Chaleco Lopez a 00:02:51
5. JOAN BARREDA a 00:03:45

Clasificación General:

1. Paulo Goncalves 5:19:30 hrs
2. JOAN BARREEDA a 00:00:17
3. Marc Coma a 00:01:41
4. Chaleco Lopez a 00:08:40
5. Sam Sunderland a 00:09:50

(Translated by Bing)

Joan Barreda: Big stage opening track.

Honda HRC Racing pilot cede first place in the general classification by 17 seconds and now of Castellón is second, for the benefit of teammate Paulo Goncalves, all this after rolling all day alone.

Photos: Ph. RallyZone - Barni/Bauer Rally of Morocco Championship FIM Cross Country world 10/15/2013 stage JBEL in JBEL 2nd. Link 49 KM - Special: 240 KM - liaison: 9 KM

after the successful stage yesterday, in which Joan Barreda ended in first position, today it was open track and thereby navigate without handicap references any pilot. After completing the 240 kilometers timed that formed the special second in the Rally of Morocco, Barreda has managed to get without being hunted by none of their rivals, that Yes, he lost time and ended in fifth position.

The Castellon now occupies second place in the final round of the Championship of the world of rally Cross Country, only 17 seconds of the HRC Team Honda Racing teammate and now stage winner and new leader of the test.

In the morning stage, pilots will face an initial 65 km link to then play the special third in the rally of 250 km. After that, there will be another final link of 98 km.

Joan Barreda commented: "today was not easy to open the stage from the first position, but it was all right, because I lost not too long and have two fast pilots as Marc and Paulo back pushing all day, means I have to be happy with the result. There were plenty of difficult to navigate and had to mark the route in advance. At the end I've got a good starting position for tomorrow and it is very important to having to leave behind them. My bike worked incredible and adjustments that engineers are doing in my Honda CRF you notice every day. Congratulations to Paulo! (Translated by Bing)

Old 10-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #270
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Paulo Goncalves Update via FB

Paulo Speedy Gonçalves

Boas pessoal! Hoje tivemos de ultrapassar as difíceis montanhas de Zagora. Entrei para a especial bastante concentrado e focado no meu objectivo! Consegui impor um bom ritmo nas secções de pedra e a Honda CRF 450 Rally portou-se muito bem neste tipo de terreno. Estou confiante e bastante satisfeito por ter dado a minha primeira vitória à equipa HRC Speedbrain. Abraço
(Translated by Bing)
Good guys! Today we had to get over the difficult mountains of Zagora. I joined the very special concentrated and focused on my goal. I managed to impose a good rhythm sections of stone and the Honda CRF 450 Rally behaved very well in this type of terrain. I am confident and quite satisfied for having given my first victory the team HRC Speedbrain. Hug (Translated by Bing)