ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
AngryScot OP

Oddometer: 18,307
The Wests Networking Thread

Welcome to the Wests Networking thread!

Here's the place to post your virtual business card, info on job leads or jobs wanted, or other business-type services offered in the Western area (Arizona, California, and Nevada).

To avoid spamminess, the rules are simple:

1. One post per business/service offering/contact - be sure your contact info is accurate and if your services are highly local (i.e. no mail order), be sure to include a city and state in your post.

2. Text only, and no large/overly colorful/downright obnoxious fonts, please. Think "clean Yellow Pages listing" to keep the visual noise level down. This thread is to serve as a reference - it is not another obnoxious advertising space. Nobody wants to repeatedly scroll through visual spam like this every time they visit the thread.

3. No replies will be permitted in this thread - if you see something you like, want or need, all inquiry/discussion is to be carried on outside of the thread via PMs, email, or phone. It would be a good idea to state your preferred method of contact in your post.

4. If you are offering or looking for work, please delete your post once you've landed your dream employee/job.

5. Any overt spamminess (including but not limited to non-western-regional services, abuse of contact info, etc.) will be struck down swiftly by the hand of Mod(erators). If things get out of hand, the whole thread will be punted to Vendors.

6. Play nice.

While we may ride globally, doing business locally just might help out a fellow rider - so post 'em up!

update 4/18/2011 *removing old stale post for found positions etc, removed duplicate entries.
If folks would update there post of nuke the old one when wishing to an update we can keep this thread clean and informative. Thanks!

AngryScot screwed with this post 04-18-2011 at 01:14 PM
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,207
I'll hawk the company I work for...

PG&E is hiring. Like many businesses they have an ageing workforce. Go to WWW.PGE.COM to see what available and feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Typically the jobs are in the geographical service territory. That is about 3/4 of California. Eureka to the NW, Burney to the NE, Santa Maria to the SW, and Needles (at the Aridzona Border) in the SE.

There are Jobs out there.

Update: I retired in 2011. Only advice now is go to the website.

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Gerg screwed with this post 02-03-2014 at 05:43 AM Reason: Retired!
Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
hurty
my back..it's my back

Oddometer: 565
It's true

State Farm Insurance agent...and devoted ADVer. Any one need help with insurance...Home...Auto... Life....Motorcycle etc. Give me a call
530-823-1678

Located in Auburn for 27 years

references: Stonewall, Slaniac, Microwave etc..etc

hurty screwed with this post 02-13-2009 at 10:17 AM
hurty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,306
Attorney

D. Scott Barber, Esq.
Liedle, Getty & Wilson, LLP
12555 High Bluff Drive, Suite 270
San Diego, CA 92130

I practice real estate litigation and nursing home defense. On the real estate side, I represent commercial landlords. I handle matters against tenants (evictions and breach of lease) and defend landlords against ADA lawsuits. I also defend nursing homes against claims of elder abuse and neglect.

I'm always willing to chat with ADV members who have legal questions, just remeber that I only practice in California.

I have represented a few ADV and SDAR members (I won't name them for obvious reasons) and all of them have bought me beer afterwards. Or at least they've promised to!
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112

YetiGS screwed with this post 10-04-2009 at 02:10 PM
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,411
I'm new to workin At Banker's Life and Casualty here in Tucson, AZ...

The company does primarily Medicare Supplements, Insurance for various things like Long Term, Short Term Care, Hospital Indemnity, and minimal amounts of financial advising (fixed and indexed annuities) for seniors.

PM me for a phone # if you or someone that you know needs to learn about Medicare, etc.

M

Gummee! screwed with this post 11-29-2009 at 09:22 AM
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer: 1,396
Level Five Graphics, Inc.

I'm a 25+ year veteran in the advertising industry, and have run my own business, Level Five Graphics, Inc. for 14 years. I've also just moved to the Bay Area in January of 2009.

I am a graphic designer, commercial and technical illustrator, and photographer.

I have expertise in most areas of print design and production such as: annual reports; books; periodicals -- newspapers, magazines, and newsletters; real estate marketing; package design; and direct mail.

My illustration work covers a variety of styles, but is primarily technical: some science and medical; lots of real estate marketing illustrations; and tons of Photoshop seat time doing realistic illustration.

Photographically, I do a lot of portraits, a lot of real estate, and I occasionally shoot weddings for friends, but not commercially.

And, I have a pretty unique photographic specialty: I climb to the top of construction cranes and take skyline panoramas for high-rise apartment marketing materials.

http://www.levelfive.com/HTML/PORTFO...oto_CRANE.html

Please visit my website for a comprehensive on-line portfolio:

http://www.levelfive.com

Oh, and I do welding and fabrication on the side, which is always useful for the Adventure Rider.

Please email (on my site under "contact") or PM me through ADVRider if you'd like to get the ball rolling.
New Rider Training in the San Francisco Bay Area at Motorcycle University". Learn to Ride...Better!

Roadracer_Al screwed with this post 02-20-2009 at 10:49 PM
Roadracer_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Physical Therapy?

Gold Wellness Physical Therapy
Danny Gold
6221 Wilshire Blvd., #616
Los Angeles, CA 90048

DannyG screwed with this post 03-08-2009 at 09:36 PM
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #8
jimmy650
South Canol Racing Club

Oddometer: 390
Mechanical Engineering

I am presently looking for work as a Mechanical Engineer.

Product Design
Pro-Engineer
SolidWorks
Plastic Part Design
Metal Part Design
Project Management

Link to examples of recent work:

Jim Robertson
BSME
831-566-1618
2006 Alcan5000 Winner
jimmy650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,308
Cool we are up for this.

WEAVING.
Yes, weaving. We weave custom rugs in LEATHER or wool. Up to 16 feet wide no seam. Hand made by us on foot and hand operated floor looms right here in Claremont California. Flat weave or pile. We generally deal with interior designers, but will sell wholesale to ADVRiders! We offer help in choosing design and color. We can match/compliment/contrast other decor. NOT inexpensive, but one of a kind art you can use created by a Master Weaver. Our products have been in Architectural Digest MANY times.

+ TRAVELERS HELP:

I buy motorcycles for incoming travelers and rent room to them here in Claremont, 35 miles east of Los Angeles. I do motoprep. Also guide or trip info. Short term storage. Start your trip out right, have your bike ready and waiting, saves time and money. I have many satisfied customers and can provide references. I can get you a Title and Insurance. You can leave with Title in hand then be south of the Border in a couple of hours! No need to wait three weeks for a Title, no worries, no DMV hassle. I do it all.

First contact: fettler@hotmail.com

the famous james and the fabulous colleen

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

DMV paperwork/room rental/motorbike/vehicle buying/Travelers help

TUCKERS screwed with this post 03-19-2013 at 02:06 PM
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #10
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,677
Electrical Contractor

John Gil Enterprises lic. # 871872
Operating out of Reseda, CA
Commercial and Industrial Electrician (will do residential work if needed)
johngilent@gmail.com or 818-683-3175

Your business is welcomed!

johngil screwed with this post 05-02-2009 at 06:32 AM
johngil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #11
MJS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,765
CAD operator wanted

LVH Entertainment Systems is a speciality contractor that sells and installs stage equipment throughout Calif. Located in Oxnard, Ca, we are currently looking for an AutoCAD draftsperson to prepare submittal drawings and product submittals. 3d experince and knowledge of architectural drafting standards a plus. Work includes maintaining pricing database and assiting project managers and estimator.

PM or email mark (at) lvhentertainment.com for additonal info.

Job filled

MJS screwed with this post 03-06-2009 at 11:34 AM
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
97Octane
Defining Mediocrity

Oddometer: 664
Need a Job? - Website work available

Just tryign to tap the Advrider crowd here for talent. I am looking for a Flash based web designer to build a single website to showcase a home that will coming up for sale in the Woodlands. It will not be a searchable real-estate site, or anything that complicated. This will be a single home, but I need the website to encompass a bit of video or at least links to video (HD footage & photos will be provided), descriptions for every room, details about the builder and contact information etc. If you are in Houston, and have some indoor photography skills as well, then ever better. A large degree of artistic freedom will be given to complete this project.

If you know of any Flash/web designers that need a side gig feel free to send me a PM or a link to their online portfolio. There is no rush on the job and would be perfect for anyone who has a full time job, and wants some side money.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #13
memphisslim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,199
I am looking for full time work in Telecommunications or Finance.

Pm with email address if you would like a copy of my resume.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
Skred
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Trivalley Travel

Tri-Valley Travel is an online travel agency. You can also buy a car, schedule a cruise, find a train ride and make hotel reservations world-wide.

http://www.tri-valleytravel.com
Skred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,305
Land Surveying in SoCal

My company performs mostly commercial land surveying services from ALTA title insurance surveys to topographic maps to construction layout. Expert witness work too. We have state of the art GPS equipment for larger projects. Full insurance.

For friends (an ADV member would be a friend) in need I will do residential surveys or refer you to a good smaller company, whichever is more cost effective at the time. I am happy to give advice about what to ask a surveyor when you hire one.

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is online now   Reply With Quote