User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
henryroten OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
TBT (Tuned by Travis) Suspension

I haven't seen Travis' name mentioned in the various suspension posts that I have read to date so I thought I would through it out. Travis has been tuning our MX bikes for a couple of years now and we have both found it to be excellent, way better than anyone else that I have used through the years. So when Travis told me that he had a good set up for the KTM adventure bikes I had to try it out. I formally had Superplush revalve and spring my 990 but I (unlike most) never was really pleased with it. Front end was ok but harsh on the little stuff, and the shock was way too stiff for my liking. Travis fixed it! It is now firm but not harsh, the forks rebound as they should (don't stay down in the stroke) and the shock is in complete balance with the front end. Very nice setup and I think that it will work very well off road (haven't tried it yet). His prices are very reasonable, only replaces what needs replacing, and has 4 or 5 locations in the US and overseas (I think Brazil?).

Worth a try if you are in the market for a magic carpet. www.tbtracing.com
henryroten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
iJabberwocky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Never again

I had TBT work on my dirt bike a few years ago to have some work done. I don't want to go too much into detail but I would not let him work on another bike of mine again. He also screwed my buddies bike all up too and my buddy warned me not to take mine there but I did because I thought he was good. Travis did try and make things right but not until after I took bike back to dealer and forked out $800.00 my own money to get things back to stock. That was 2009 so maybe he has improved but I will never do it again.