Old 10-20-2013, 02:34 AM   #211
5th-Elefant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
I'm speechless..
(crash.net)
"'The team made a mistake, understanding [Marquez] was able to complete ten laps and come back in before completing lap eleven, and the 'box' instruction on his pit board was therefore one lap late.”
Not an unreasonable interpretation of the rules. In hindsight they should have checked...
5th-Elefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:43 AM   #212
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,045
And remember they changed the # of laps again after warm-up.

But still beyond me, that the TEAM could actually screw up something so basic. The rider, in the heat of the race, is much more understandable.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:43 AM   #213
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 6,692
Boy are the pitchforks out on all of the racing sites

The comments thread on MM is approaching Jo Momma levels of angst.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #214
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Didn't see the exact wording of the changed rules. But I sure hope there is no room to argue there -- three teams/riders, including the championship leader, got it wrong.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Old 10-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #215
metale
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
MM was black flagged because it was too dangerous to go 11 laps on that tire, yet Dorna didn't find it dangerous to have the pit lane exit like that. Go figure.
metale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:30 AM   #216
tileman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Yup, somewhere Garry is reading all of the hoopla about tires laughing.
+1 to this. The shots of Mccoy are great back in the day. Attach the throttle hand to the rear tire without all the electrons and maybe it wouldn't have been an issue.

maybe Dorna should have done that and THEN we would have seen some interesting racing I reckon.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:28 AM   #217
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by metale View Post
MM was black flagged because it was too dangerous to go 11 laps on that tire, yet Dorna didn't find it dangerous to have the pit lane exit like that. Go figure.
Will Dorna give themselves penalty points?

All I have read from BS and Dorna is stuff congratulating themselves for producing an exciting race.

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:29 AM   #218
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by @texastornado5
Not happy with the @marcmarquez93 decision 😡 First time running this scenario & disqualified 😳 We r not mathematicians...let us race & F off

Old 10-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #219
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,526
A cupla things....MM rode past his 'in' board twice.....#26 was penalised for speeding into, and crossing 'the line' on pit lane exit. Hence this on the official timing sheets. So that would make #46 2nd. Errrrr right? Eeeeerrrrrrrrrr...
Got a few friends in race control who were there when Suppo came in to argue MM's case that because his pit box was before the timing/start/finish line, he hadn't actually gone into the next lap.... ( and he WAS NOT HAPPY..)

Might mention that there was NO RIDER BRIEFING concerning all this crap. Just a piece of paper delivered to each garage,written in lawyer speak. So no opportunity to ask questions. (Not too hard to organize?? Like we do it at club level, with a shit load more riders..)

This could have been an awesome race over full distance.........Bridgestone.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #220
Jadon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #221
mdubya
Right Brigade

Bridgestone has the biggest motorcycle tire advertising campaign in the world thanks to being the single tire supplier for the most prestigious motorcycle racing series in the world. You would think they would put all their efforts into producing the most absolutely incredible tires in the world for that series.

It would be priceless for them if after every race the racers were raving about how good the tires are: "I might have only got 8th, but damn the tires were soooo good I could believe it." Priceless.

Instead the tires are always less than great and Bridgestone makes endless excuses about the cost of producing something better. Can't. Won't. Don't.

Fuck if I would ever pay for a Bridgestone.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #222
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Dorna congratulating themselves for producing an exciting race.
Yeah today was a complete joke. Ultimately caused by Bridgestone, but Dorna making up the rules as they go along did not help either (...I can΄t believe they did not even bother to arrange a briefing on how the MotoGP race will be run, they just threw everyone a paper and thought it΄s fine). What a bunch of clowns.

This was probably also a perfect example, why having some competition among tyre manufacturers might be a good thing.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #223
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,526
Quote:
Bridgestone has the biggest motorcycle tire advertising campaign in the world thanks to being the single tire supplier for the most prestigious motorcycle racing series in the world. You would think they would put all their efforts into producing the most absolutely incredible tires in the world for that series.

It would be priceless for them if after every race the racers were raving about how good the tires are: "I might have only got 8th, but damn the tires were soooo good I could believe it." Priceless.

Instead the tires are always less than great and Bridgestone makes endless excuses about the cost of producing something better. Can't. Won't. Don't.

Fuck if I would ever pay for a Bridgestone.
Copy that. +3
Old 10-20-2013, 06:05 AM   #224
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,342
jeez, about every race series, including motogp, has had tire issues at one time or another, they dealt with it best they could. I'm sure nobody at bridgestone is happy about it, and nobody at dorna is happy. I'm sure there will be some very interesting behind the scenes talks about this, but back to the race, everybody knew the deal, and ALMOST everybody did ok with the changes. Yep, MM screwed up, he's young and fast, maybe not real smart yet. Bet he won't do it again though! I do feel he also screwed up re-entering the track, nobody else had an issue, but he DID pull across Lorenzos line, just lucky they are the best in the world and nobody crashed.
and shit, good thing it didnt' go another couple laps, the rain had just started! now THAT would have been a real clusterfuck.
Congrats to Jorge for getting it all right.
maybe in motegi they can have them stop in the middle of the race and do some origami!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #225
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,106
Quote:
Lest we forget, even when there were multiple suppliers, everyone still complained about tires. Especially the non-leaders. That said, Phillip Island appears to have been a predictably avoidable shitfest, through the simple failure to do some testing.

Dorna comes out of this looking like a volunteer organization.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote