Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #226
Uneasy Rider
The life of Riley

Oddometer: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Bridgestone has the biggest motorcycle tire advertising campaign in the world thanks to being the single tire supplier for the most prestigious motorcycle racing series in the world. You would think they would put all their efforts into producing the most absolutely incredible tires in the world for that series.

It would be priceless for them if after every race the racers were raving about how good the tires are: "I might have only got 8th, but damn the tires were soooo good I could believe it." Priceless.

Instead the tires are always less than great and Bridgestone makes endless excuses about the cost of producing something better. Can't. Won't. Don't.

Fuck if I would ever pay for a Bridgestone.
Well said. What a joke of a race.
Uneasy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #227
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
Clusterfuck

Travesty

Idiocracy

Ball of confusion

Inexcusable failure of epic proportion

Pure unadulterated bullshit

Boooooooooooooooo

Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #228
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,009
The season ain't over 'til it's over but when MM wins the championship the black flag incident will be part of the legacy. When JLo wins it will have been possible because of the black flag.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #229
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,062
New Race Director Consultant at DORNA

http://
ErikY. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #230
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,861
Pedrosa dropping his position to Marquez should not have counted as his penalty

So shouldn't Pedrosa have had to drop behind Rossi/Crutchlow/Bautista? Marquez violated the rules before he came back out on the track, so anything he did after that in the race should not be considered part of the race. Pedrosa should have had to drop back to the next rider in line to count for his pit lane violation and Marquez should not have counted as that position.
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #231
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,101
It's racing. Shit happens.

MM, his team, his pit crew, Honda, Bridgestone, the no testing at Philip Island by anyone, all caused a cluster.

Get over it. Sheesh.

At least it's put some fun into the last 2 rounds.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #232
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
The season ain't over 'til it's over but when MM wins the championship the black flag incident will be part of the legacy. When JLo wins it will have been possible because of the black flag.
Sounds right.
I think DORNA did a decent job trying to come up with a way to deal with the Bridgestone situation. Better than a 10-lap race which would have been a joke. Bad enough the chopping the Moto II race took . All the teams were given the rules and therefore it was a fair playing field, so nobody should complain about penalties. Yes, they had to deal with new rules at the last minute and unfamiliarities, but the option wasn't great.

I thought that Jorge and Pedrosa almost did somersaults over the bars in the pits!
But Jorge kicked ass and did a great job pitting. Well-deserved victory.... adapt and overcome!
ErikY. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #233
xltrider
Seasoned Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Jorge absolutely deserves the win, but Marquez's mistake wasn't his own.
How is it NOT his own? Everybody had to race under the same rules and format. You sound like a sour grapes MM fan.
2012 Suzuki DL1000
xltrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #234
Aquatic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,334
Everyone wants exciting racing but this is not the way to spice things up. As eloquently stated before this was a clusterfuck!!!

Did anyone else see the laser pointer on JLo's visor as he lined up for the start?
Aquatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #235
xltrider
Seasoned Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
jeez, about every race series, including motogp, has had tire issues at one time or another, they dealt with it best they could. I'm sure nobody at bridgestone is happy about it, and nobody at dorna is happy. I'm sure there will be some very interesting behind the scenes talks about this, but back to the race, everybody knew the deal, and ALMOST everybody did ok with the changes. Yep, MM screwed up, he's young and fast, maybe not real smart yet. Bet he won't do it again though! I do feel he also screwed up re-entering the track, nobody else had an issue, but he DID pull across Lorenzos line, just lucky they are the best in the world and nobody crashed.
and shit, good thing it didnt' go another couple laps, the rain had just started! now THAT would have been a real clusterfuck.
Congrats to Jorge for getting it all right.
maybe in motegi they can have them stop in the middle of the race and do some origami!
A voice of reason (the only, it seems).
YES the track surface AND tires were factors BUT didn't EVERYBODY race the same track, with the same available tires, the same rules, in the same conditions? That's what I saw anyway. Lots of excuse makers and whiners here...but, but, but. Reminds me of a full maternity ward. Move on kids.
2012 Suzuki DL1000
xltrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #236
RZMike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
It seems to me that MM93's team thought they were smarter than everyone else. I have no opinion on the severity of the penalty, as I don't know what was explained to the teams before hand, but all the other contenders got it right. MM93 will still win the championship, the kid is amazing, but hopefully the team learned something from this debacle. And if he gets a point for an unsafe entry onto the track, Japan will be exciting watching him come from the back!
Bridgestone should (and probably is) be incredibly embarrassed over this entire event. Completely foreseeable, and completely unnecessary.
RZMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #237
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,302
So marc gets the black flag for running 11 laps on the tires. Okay.

Now, do they look at the pit out maneuver of his and say 'here's another penalty point for unsafe line' so he starts from pit out with Nicky at Motegi?

Lorenzo had pointed out the danger prior to the race of what eventually did happen, and since it's all a matter of record, Jarvis will push it with Dorna until they are 'consistent' in his eyes. To his rider's best advantage, of course.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #238
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme 2 View Post
Did you all see that , when Gardner and Doohan and Stoner came down Doohan Crner ....Doohan the legend leans over and kills Stoners bike. Love it , thats what riding should be ... Funand games.
Got video of this?

Also ung, what a race. Cluster on a whole new level. I haven't been reading about it so watching the race I was like "whaaaaaaaaaaat the hell is happening??"
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #239
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I was like "whaaaaaaaaaaat the hell is happening??"
Funny. I was thinking that the riders had the same cartoon thought bubble above their heads...
Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #240
Wingboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post
Did anyone else see the laser pointer on JLo's visor as he lined up for the start?
Yah,wtf was that? I saw it, and thought it was just a reflection from something.