Motodisiac, thanks for the heads up about the clutch
Mark.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:15 AM   #317
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
When exactly did MM΄s pitboard show him to come in?? That should prove, if it was actually the team, who got the pit window wrong. He was quite tightly engaged in trying to catch JLo at that time, and also had the moment shortly before, so I would not be too surprised, if he just simply forgot to come in.
The "too far" video gives a weird view of this. As Lorenzo goes past on his extra lap it appears there is a pitboard hung out trackside but it looks to be empty below the identifying 93 number. Someone else is holding a smaller board with 93 on it inside the pitlane, which appears to be there to identify Marquez's pit.

But ... appearances can be deceptive.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:26 AM   #318
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,248
The girls' bike...

Different pipes ..

Old 10-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #319
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
there is a pitboard hung out trackside but it looks to be empty below the identifying 93 number
...΄photochopped?΄

I feel this must be a conspiracy.....
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:35 AM   #320
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
And the girl on her bike

Old 10-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #321
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Mat Oxley is less than impressed:

“Embarrassing. No other word for it, really. Well, apart from incompetence on the grandest scale. Pretty much everyone involved in the upper echelons of MotoGP was responsible for Sunday’s travesty of a race: Bridgestone, Dorna, the FIM, the Grand Prix Permanent Bureau, the Grand Prix Commission, IRTA, Race Direction, safety officer Franco Uncini and safety advisor Loris Capirossi. They all failed in their duty of care to the riders, putting them in all kinds of danger because they hadn’t done their jobs properly.”

link
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ra...hillip-island/
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Old 10-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #322
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Another slight mistake, that may or may not have contributed to what happened with Marquez @ PI was that he clearly wasn΄t holding anything back. I understand, that as a racer he will always want to go for victory, but the team should have made him understand, that this time, and from now on, it will be about the title, not about winning every race, especially when JLo was in such devastating form. And ESPECIALLY, because it will be a really awkward race, with the change of bikes.

Before PI, Marquez could have finished 5th in every remaining race (and 5th place should be relatively easy for him to achieve), in case JLo would win them all, MM would still have clinched the title. So trying to run up front at PI didn΄t make much sense considering the risks. Now he will actually have to take at least 2nd place behind JLo in the two remaining races to be sure.
I think some guys can only ride wide open. Look at how Redding has downward spiraled since he started thinking about the championship. At this level letting up just a little can really ruin your race. Also not pushing hard allows you to make mistakes. I know some of my worst crashes off road were when I was "taking it easy" and had a mental lapse. Also look at Pedrosa's crash earlier in the year on the out lap. He was taking it easy and made a mental error and ate it up. I think telling a 20 year old A type kid to ease up will not be beneficial. I understand what you are saying though.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #323
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 6,905
Quote:
Mat Oxley is less than impressed:

“ They all failed in their duty of care to the riders, putting them in all kinds of danger because they hadn't done their jobs properly.”
This is precisely why I was critical.

At least Bridgestone has issued a statement that they will be testing at PI for next year.

I still haven't read anything from Dorna acknowledging that a better job not only could have been done, but needs to be done in the future.

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #324
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 44,865
Bridgestone,

If you can't put tires under the best bikes and riders that will last even half distance, then why should I trust the lives of my family and myself to your products?

And that, ladies and gents, sums it up for me, fan and consumer.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #325
Rajin Cajun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Devils advocate

I know there is allot of BS bashing going on but, correct me if I'm wrong, Isn't BS building the tires according to the specs given by the FIM? Not saying that this is an excuse but if they are being directed to provide tires within certain specs and aren't being allowed to test said specs then i can't put the blame squarely on their shoulders. However, if I were in charge at BS, after this disastrous year I would say to hell with the specs and build a friggin tire to their own specs! All of this can't be good for business!

Frankly I love BS products. I have them on several of my vehicles ( Cars, Trucks & bikes ) and have never have had issues. YMMV

John Wayne
Rajin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #326
bxr140
Flame Bait

Oddometer: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajin Cajun View Post
I know there is allot of BS bashing going on but, correct me if I'm wrong, Isn't BS building the tires according to the specs given by the FIM? Not saying that this is an excuse but if they are being directed to provide tires within certain specs and aren't being allowed to test said specs then i can't put the blame squarely on their shoulders.
That's true, but to those who don't care to consider the nueances of a spec tire series (Pirelli gets similar flak in F1), it just seems like the tire manufacturer can't make a decent product. The problem for BS is that the people who only see that part of the picture are also the consumers most likely to put their buying power behind that limited understanding.

To wit, I would never buy or not buy a tire based on that brand's performance in a spec tire racing series. Almost exclusively, I buy tires based on my assesment of public opinion...usually from the nauseating tire threads that always seem to pop up.
bxr140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #327
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

BS weren't allowed to test??

Seems to me they could have tested, but trying to guess was cheaper. Unfortunately it didn't work.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #328
jktpa
X-Troller

Oddometer: 758
This has happened in the past even during the tire wars(remember the problems everyone on the French tire had) it happens at almost all levels of racing SBK,F1,AMA,Neckcar. It will happen again no matter who the tire providers are unless you want to quit watching racing get over it.
M696
ET4
jktpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #329
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jktpa View Post
This has happened in the past even during the tire wars(remember the problems everyone on the French tire had) it happens at almost all levels of racing SBK,F1,AMA,Neckcar. It will happen again no matter who the tire providers are unless you want to quit watching racing get over it.
+1.

Racing is a complex, unpredictable sport and all kinds of things can go wrong; equipment issues, team errors, poor decisions by officials, weather, crazy riders. Its just Dorna's luck that all those things happened in one weekend at P.I..
Old 10-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #330
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 8,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I still haven't read anything from Dorna acknowledging that a better job not only could have been done, but needs to be done in the future.
Corporate lawyers or total bureaucratic disconnect. Take your pick.

I'd say door #1. Never admit fault. Ever.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote