Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Chr!s OP
natural born dreamer

Oddometer: 179
Vancouver island riders

Hey everyone,

I've recently moved to Vancouver Island (Maple bay/Duncan) from Ontario and wouldn't mind meeting up with a few folk to ride on/off road. Currently got a WR250R and will be getting a street bike come the spring. Been riding for 20+ years on the street and am fairly aggressive (i think!) both on/off road but I'm fairly new to off-roading...anyway I enjoy fast or slow pace depending on the company!! Anyone fancy a ride sometime??....Cheers, Chris

Chr!s screwed with this post 10-23-2013 at 10:49 AM
Chr!s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 4,040
Hi Chris,

I live too far up the Island for you, but if you go to :http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/forum.php you should find some local to your area stuff...

I mainly ride more extended off hwy stuff often doing 300-500 KM in a day... Look for the NI Ride next year if you do multi day stuff: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882849
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,031
Welcome to the South Island - I live just up the road from your place in Maple Bay, in the North Cowichan. I'm not into aggressive off road riding but I have been enjoying exploring many of the back road areas that surround our region. While I was out in the Mesachie Lake area yesterday (putting in one of my final rides for the year) I stumbled upon the Victoria Motorcycle Club's annual enduro event, and was surrounded by dozens of Trials bikes. A club formed in 1906 and still going strong - with old and young alike. There seems to be lots of people that are into the backcountry riding side of things and I am sure that you will start bumping into them quickly. Welcome to a riding heaven.....
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
Chr!s OP
natural born dreamer

Thanks guys, I'll check out that forum.
I'm pissed i missed the VMC enduro event though, i'll make it next time.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur

Oddometer: 845
Hey, we could meet up sometime for a ride, maybe meet at Serious Coffee in Mill Bay sometime on a weekend.
Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
I work shift work in Alberta, but I get 6 days off at a time. i have the same issue. New in town and no riding buddies. I ride a big machine, f800gs, but I'm not afraid to go places with it. Going out behind shawnigan lake tomorrow mid day. Just some logging road and double track action. I'm a fairly new rider, but if you want to join me, I would enjoy the company.

chris73 screwed with this post 10-17-2013 at 11:50 PM
chris73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #7
Chr!s OP
natural born dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic-Of-Canada View Post
Hey, we could meet up sometime for a ride, maybe meet at Serious Coffee in Mill Bay sometime on a weekend.
Sounds good TOC, I'll pm you with my number.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #8
Chr!s OP
natural born dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris73 View Post
I work shift work in Alberta, but I get 6 days off at a time. i have the same issue. New in town and no riding buddies. I ride a big machine, f800gs, but I'm not afraid to go places with it. Going out behind shawnigan lake tomorrow mid day. Just some logging road and double track action. I'm a fairly new rider, but if you want to join me, I would enjoy the company.
Sounds equally good Chris but I'm working tomorrow. I'll also pm you my number for another time.

I'm hoping to pick up some new handlebars tomorrow after work as my new Wrr ones were made of cheese and became bent over the weekend :)
Old 10-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 266
Hi guys. I just moved to Victoria (Brentwood Bay actually) in August. Looking for someone to do some street riding with. I have a 2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200ST. I have done the Port Renfrew - Lake Cowichan loop a couple of times, but since moving in have been buried with house work and getting my boat set up (nice life, I'm not complainin'!!).

Pm me if interested in a ride.

David aka Desmodab

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
sensor330
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I'm from the West Shore (Colwood). I purchased a Tiger 800XC a month ago and I'm greener then green rider. I want to start taking my bike in the dirt a bit more but my problem is I don't know where start. It would be great if I could tag along with someone one of these weekends to get me started.

Scott
sensor330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #11
Chr!s OP
natural born dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensor330 View Post
I'm from the West Shore (Colwood). I purchased a Tiger 800XC a month ago and I'm greener then green rider. I want to start taking my bike in the dirt a bit more but my problem is I don't know where start. It would be great if I could tag along with someone one of these weekends to get me started.

Scott
Hey Scott,
I'm kinda in the same boat as in I've not much clue where to go for trails...I've heard there's at least one at Shawnigan lake area that goes for a long way, down to Sooke I believe...anyhow i'm up for trying it...??
Maybe the other folk in this post may wanna join too??
Old 10-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #12
Cody1771
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:

Scott
If you guys on bigger bikes are looking for some dirt practice i'll go for a ride with you sometimes, i will however be gone until the 23rd of November. There are some good gravel roads out in the Port Renfrew Area as well as the Shawnigan lake area. With the big bikes just don't do to much to fast, they are heavy and take some getting used to.
Cody1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
yatman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Van Isle

Welcome to the Island.

Great place to call home. Weekends work for me too.

yatman (Victoria)
yatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #14
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:

Scott
I am a fellow relatively green rider. I live in Colwood as well. I will PM when I go out
chris73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #15
sensor330
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr!s View Post
Hey Scott,
I'm kinda in the same boat as in I've not much clue where to go for trails...I've heard there's at least one at Shawnigan lake area that goes for a long way, down to Sooke I believe...anyhow i'm up for trying it...??
Maybe the other folk in this post may wanna join too??
I've done Shawnigan to Sooke a few weeks ago. There was and older gentleman on the Sooke gate and he was rather cranky with us for being there and wasn't going to let us through. Think he was surprised when I said I'd turn around and go back to Shawnigan and then he let us through.
sensor330 is offline   Reply With Quote