User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Howz OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Meta 357t v2 alarm

Last weekend when i was going out on my 950 the alarm was doing nothing, I mean no led light flashing and no response from the fob, I tried the spare fob I have and still nothing, but the bike started ok so I went for a ride. Then the other day I tried to start the bike and nothing, engine would not start, not a squeak! However the alarm led was flashing, but I had no way of disarming or arming the alarm. I did a bit of homework on the alarm and it seems that the internal batteries in the main unit die after about 9 or 10 years (mine is a 2004)........the unit is sealed so you can't replace them!! So the choice is get a new alarm fitted or get the old one taken out, I had a look at removing the alarm but decided it was a bad idea as I lack the knowledge and there are about 18 black wires coming out of the unit that disappear into the depths of the bike, however after doing a bit more homework I found that there is a way to bypass the system just by adding two loops into the alarm wiring, so I have done this and all systems are now go!!! So if you have this problem let me know and I will send you instructions on how to do it, as it's probably not a good idea to post it up on the forum!
Howz is offline   Reply With Quote