ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
hotrdd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Couple Maintenance Questions

So hopefully on Monday I'm going to take the day and tear into the bike, a 2005 950 S, to get it ready for the summer. I'll be in there doing a radiator flush and installing the CJ water pump kit. While I'm have everything apart I might also do the valves. And then an oil change and installing some new hardware. But was wondering if you guys could help with some other maintenance that I'm not sure of.

THe clutch has been "thunking" into first gear I've trriedd bleeding the system but while I have everrything apart what else should I be looking for? I've never done any clutch work before. So give details.

Also is there special coolant I should top back up with?
hotrdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:44 AM   #2
DirtyADV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,373
Bring clutch pack out and look for wear?

Measure discs, maybe move inner most steel that gets the groove from riding against the "belleville spring", its apparently for making shifting smoother or something like that but I have removed it for an extra outer friction disc at the inner end of pack and its working fine.

Flush clutch master fluid, can be really grey, go with a thin fork oil if you dont want to buy the recommended Magura Blood (called blood cause you might as well cut open an artery in you arm and start filling when you see the price) DONT used brake fluid.

Clean oil jet, but getting more oil to clutch pack will make for "rougher" shifting since it causes a little more drag but also cools the clutch.

As for coolant if you have flushed the system with water just choose you own poison that is compatible with aluminum, I prefer premix or buying distilled water to mix with might also be called battery water rather then tap water.

/Johan

www.dirtyadv.com (under construction)
DirtyADV is offline   Reply With Quote