Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #91
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by bv11 View Post
Either way, I wish you well and I'm done with this.
So, you can't find a statute with a punishment clause regarding driving without a license either, right?

Thought so.

Just for fun go look at all the statutes which do have punishment clauses.

Driving on Expired Driver's License

Driving on Suspended Driver's License

Driving on Revoked Driver's License

There may be more. I don't remember.

They all pertain only to persons who have made application for, and have been issued a Driver's License.

It is clear and well documented what the punishments are for each.

Where, oh where is the punishment for no driver's license?

Still no winners. Thank you for playing.

For extra points find the statute with a punishment clause for speeding.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #92
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
In a way YOU'RE being selfish , thoughtless and ignorant. We're BOTH right to some extent.

Is it thoughtless to want our representatives to manage our public assets in a way that serves the greatest good for the most people?

Is it ignorant to support our republic where everyone's wants and needs are considered, rather than the majority rules of a democracy, or the anarchy of jungle law?

Is it selfish to accept that I can't always have everything my way?
Old 10-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #93
flying_junk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
I'm pretty sure that fining someone that risks their life is as illogical as I have ever seen an argument. If someone chooses to "drive recklessly" (or I guess in a way where they increase their risk of serious injury through behavior), then a monetary fine will not change that decision. The only thing a law does is increase the number of criminals. It won't deter anyone. It's ineffective. Let them learn their lesson. If they hit a wall, well, they hit a wall. It's a win win. If they make it, well some day, they will be your age and look back and realize how risky of a decision that was.

You are taking someone who has not committed a violent crime, and are initiating violence against them in order to make them pay you. That is the bottom line. It does not change behavior, it does not help them, it does not help you. It helps the government entity that is holding the gun to their head and forcing them to pay.

Two guys on motorcycles, speeding, are not a risk to anyone but themselves. You can't arrest someone because they might kill someone else. They have to first hurt somebody before you can take away their rights. Besides, speed limits are generally set too low, and the laws that govern the roads don't necessarily reflect safety.
flying_junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #94
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_junk View Post
I'm pretty sure that fining someone that risks their life is as illogical as I have ever seen an argument. If someone chooses to "drive recklessly" (or I guess in a way where they increase their risk of serious injury through behavior), then a monetary fine will not change that decision. The only thing a law does is increase the number of criminals. It won't deter anyone. It's ineffective. Let them learn their lesson. If they hit a wall, well, they hit a wall. It's a win win. If they make it, well some day, they will be your age and look back and realize how risky of a decision that was.

You are taking someone who has not committed a violent crime, and are initiating violence against them in order to make them pay you. That is the bottom line. It does not change behavior, it does not help them, it does not help you. It helps the government entity that is holding the gun to their head and forcing them to pay.

Two guys on motorcycles, speeding, are not a risk to anyone but themselves. You can't arrest someone because they might kill someone else. They have to first hurt somebody before you can take away their rights. Besides, speed limits are generally set too low, and the laws that govern the roads don't necessarily reflect safety.

But what if they pop a wheelie? or a stoppie? That's even scarier!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #95
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:

So a person is drunk and gets into a truck, according to you there's no risk until he actually hits someone.

Look, I like wheelies more than most, but if you don't think a 400# piece of metal going 100 miles an hour is a threat or danger to the public I seriously question your understanding of physics.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/seemotorcycle.asp
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker

xymotic screwed with this post 10-17-2013 at 11:18 PM
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #96
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,245
Quote:
Well there are plenty of (mostly 3rd world) countries in the world, where you can easily see, how that actually works.

I´ve ridden in over 50 countries in my life, and by far the most pleasant riding experiences (traffic-wise) for me have been the ´western´ countries, like Europe, US, and Australia, where people generally obey the rules. Other places may have been even greater experiences in other ways, but traffic in those countries could more or less always be described as “poor” to “downright horrible”, and it has also been by far the biggest risk to get into any serious trouble on my travels.

Some people will never understand, what good could possibly come out of it, when traffic laws are ´too tight´ in their opinion. But I suggest you go check it out, how the ´really relaxed´ traffic laws work in reality.

Or maybe what you actually mean is, that YOU should have different rules to everyone else? In that case nothing but growing up a little will help.

(Just my 0.02.)
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #97
CallMeBoog
Done

Oddometer: 5,523
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that fining someone that risks their life is as illogical as I have ever seen an argument. (SNIP)

Two guys on motorcycles, speeding, are not a risk to anyone but themselves.

Bullshit, are you high?

When you operate a motorcycle at speeds of more than double the posted highway speed (in this case, in Canada, not fucking Texas (?!?), that's 200km/h), and you lose it and hit a car, you're dead, and other people might be dead.

Keep it off the streets where my wife and kid drive. Take it to the track. Your argument against public safety sucks.

CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #98
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,937
I find it truly disgusting that so many are willing to lay down and submit w/o question. The gub'ment has so many bullied into submission there's no wonder crime and stupidity are rampant. Enjoy comrades. Fear is a powerful tool.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #99
Motor7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
I find it truly disgusting that so many are willing to lay down and submit w/o question. The gub'ment has so many bullied into submission there's no wonder crime and stupidity are rampant. Enjoy comrades. Fear is a powerful tool.
Your statement is contradictory. So are you and others here advocating that we here in the US do away with all traffic laws? Or all traffic laws for motorcycles? Or just the one's that you disagree with or "question"? I agree with you, crime & stupidity are rampant, so what is your answer this problem?

Somewhere on ADV someone posted a copulation of motorcycle crashes/accidents that is an hour an a half long. I watched the whole thing and besides the unsurpassed stupidity of some of the riders/drivers, the thing that most amazed me was the way people drive in other countries that obviously have no or very little traffic laws....open gates of hell with utter chaos.

Y'all are right, most of the time only motorcycle riders suffer injuries. But, excessive motorcycle speed has killed many pedestrians and cage drivers in the past and will continue to do so...I have see the aftermath many times with my own eyes. Here is just one of many that you can find with googlefingers:
http://www.thenewsherald.com/article...8346373973.txt

I can say this, I don't want to live in a country that has no traffic laws.
Motor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #100
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percha72
Or maybe what you actually mean is, that YOU should have different rules to everyone else? In that case nothing but growing up a little will help.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #101
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,555
Laws are just squiggly lines on paper. They are not animate. They can do nothing in and of themselves. Well, other than make those who would be unwilling to take steps on their own feel good about having "someone else" keep the world safe for them.

A common mindset, born from mutual respect, knowledge, and understanding of the risks and rewards is the only thing that will ever make a difference.

When our popular media glorifies the outlaw lifestyle it becomes attractive to impressionable minds. They imitate it, hoping for the reward their "heros" get.

We are what we eat, they say, and it is doubly true of our minds. What we feed our thoughts influences how we will perceive the world.

I don't think folks give full credit to this, and put a constant flow of data into their brains which simply won't deliver the experience they are led to want.

People grow up "training" their minds on Grand Theft Auto and such. Is it any wonder that they behave the way they do? Is this not an extension of the game that brought them so much fun?

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex screwed with this post 10-18-2013 at 08:00 AM
MotoTex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #102
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
I'm not looking to be told what to do, and I'm not trying to create government jobs, but I do prefer that our assets and well being are protected from the needless abuse of selfish, thoughtless, and ignorant people.
This^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
In a way YOU'RE being selfish , thoughtless and ignorant. We're BOTH right to some extent.
Not this^^^

Its people with your mentality who feel entitled to do whatever the f^*k they want on what they deem as Their(the pubic's) land and wind up screwing it up for everyone else. The OHV area here has so many idiots who can't keep on the trails. They'll be the first to cry the blues about how the big bad gobermint is oppressing them if it the place gets shut down.

Quote:
You've been drinking way too much tea.

My take on motorcyclists(or any road user) who do such stupid things on public roads? Lock the f@*kers up and throw away the key's.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #103
waveydavey
happy times!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor7 View Post
Your statement is contradictory. So are you and others here advocating that we here in the US do away with all traffic laws? Or all traffic laws for motorcycles? Or just the one's that you disagree with or "question"? I agree with you, crime & stupidity are rampant, so what is your answer this problem?

Somewhere on ADV someone posted a copulation of motorcycle crashes/accidents that is an hour an a half long. I watched the whole thing and besides the unsurpassed stupidity of some of the riders/drivers, the thing that most amazed me was the way people drive in other countries that obviously have no or very little traffic laws....open gates of hell with utter chaos.

Y'all are right, most of the time only motorcycle riders suffer injuries. But, excessive motorcycle speed has killed many pedestrians and cage drivers in the past and will continue to do so...I have see the aftermath many times with my own eyes. Here is just one of many that you can find with googlefingers:
http://www.thenewsherald.com/article...8346373973.txt

I can say this, I don't want to live in a country that has no traffic laws.

No one said that there should not be ANY traffic laws.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #104
waveydavey
happy times!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
This^^^

Not this^^^

Its people with your mentality who feel entitled to do whatever the f^*k they want on what they deem as Their(the pubic's) land and wind up screwing it up for everyone else. The OHV area here has so many idiots who can't keep on the trails. They'll be the first to cry the blues about how the big bad gobermint is oppressing them if it the place gets shut down.

You've been drinking way too much tea.

My take on motorcyclists(or any road user) who do such stupid things on public roads? Lock the f@*kers up and throw away the key's.
So. No more wheelies, anytime anywhere? What have you been drinking?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #105
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
So. No more wheelies, anytime anywhere? What have you been drinking?
You're free to do wheelies as much as you like, just not on public roads.