Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #106
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
You're free to do wheelies as much as you like, just not on public roads.
so your opinion is screw safety, obey the law? not being allowed to wheelie or stand up is a safety hazard. if you don't understand this you need to write more and type less. as someone who's been riding for 30 years on and off road I simply can't imagine obeying such an asinine blanket law. if they rewrite the laws to make more sense I have no problem obeying them. How about putting something in the verbage that says no wheelies beyond X amount of feet and no standing beyond X amount of yards ? at least that would make sense

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond

Ginger Beard screwed with this post 10-18-2013 at 01:04 PM
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #107
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Beard View Post
so your opinion is screw safety, obey the law? not being allowed to wheelie or stand up is a safety hazard. if you don't understand this you need to write more and type less. as someone who's been riding for 30 years on and off road I simply can't imagine being such an asinine blanket law. if the rewrite the laws to make more sense I have no problem obeying them. about putting something in the verbage that says no wheelies beyond X amount of feet and no standing beyond X amount of yards ? at least that would make sense
The Washington state riders manual states that standing, shifting weight and raising the front wheel is the appropriate course of action to clear an obstacle or hazard, that's totally different from recreational wheelies on the freeway.

It's disingenuous to justify one because of the other. If its truly illegal when its a safety issue, then it needs to be addressed.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #108
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,811
Quote:
so your opinion is screw safety, obey the law? not being allowed to wheelie or stand up is a safety hazard. if you don't understand this you need to write more and type less.
This is golden...

Actually I don΄t mind wheelies, even on public roads, IF the place, where you do that, is selected wisely (read: very quiet).

But there is quite often the “show-off” factor involved, so it gets done at places, where there΄s lots of people and other traffic (and cops) nearby. Which is exactly the wrong place to do it, and that΄s where all the trouble comes from.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #109
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,380
Quote:
You're free to do wheelies as much as you like, just not on public roads.
Look, I am free to do whatever the fuck I want. It just gets expensive sometimes.

FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #110
Earth Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,365
No one is ever going to get a ticket for doing a small wheelie over an object. Ever. Why even talk about it?
Earth Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #111
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Rider View Post
No one is ever going to get a ticket for doing a small wheelie over an object. Ever. Why even talk about it?
Because some like to act as victims just to have a reason to whine and spit about how the government is trying to control their life?
Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #112
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
So, you can't find a statute with a punishment clause regarding driving without a license either, right?
WTF are you talking about? There are a whole bunch of items in the statute he posted, describing fines and jail time.

You sov cit types are pathetic.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #113
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
No one said that there should not be ANY traffic laws.
Nah, they are just saying that it is unfair bureaucratic oppression when those laws are enforced against them.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #114
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
WTF are you talking about? There are a whole bunch of items in the statute he posted, describing fines and jail time.

One more time

Quote:
Sec. 521.021. LICENSE REQUIRED. A person, other than a person expressly exempted under this chapter, may not operate a motor vehicle on a highway in this state unless the person holds a driver's license issued under this chapter.

Sec. 521.025. LICENSE TO BE CARRIED AND EXHIBITED ON DEMAND; CRIMINAL PENALTY.
(a) A person required to hold a license under Section 521.021 shall:
(1) have in the person's possession while operating a motor vehicle the class of driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle operated; and
(2) display the license on the demand of a magistrate, court officer, or peace officer.
(b) A peace officer may stop and detain a person operating a motor vehicle to determine if the person has a driver's license as required by this section.
(c) A person who violates this section commits an offense. An offense under this subsection is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that:
(1) for a second conviction within one year after the date of the first conviction, the offense is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $25 or more than $200;
(2) for a third or subsequent conviction within one year after the date of the second conviction the offense is a misdemeanor punishable by:
(A) a fine of not less than $25 or more than $500;
(B) confinement in the county jail for not less than 72 hours or more than six months; or
(C) both the fine and confinement; and
(3) if it is shown on the trial of the offense that at the time of the offense the person was operating the motor vehicle in violation of Section 601.191 and caused or was at fault in a motor vehicle accident that resulted in serious bodily injury to or the death of another person, an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
(d) It is a defense to prosecution under this section if the person charged produces in court a driver's license:
(1) issued to that person;
(2) appropriate for the type of vehicle operated; and
(3) valid at the time of the arrest for the offense.
(e) The judge of each court shall report promptly to the department each conviction obtained in the court under this section.
(f) The court may assess a defendant an administrative fee not to exceed $10 if a charge under this section is dismissed because of the defense listed under Subsection (d).
Old 10-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #115
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
One more time

He's in agreement with you.

google sovereign citizen (sov sit) if you want a laugh, its narcissism defined.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #116
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
He's in agreement with you.

google sovereign citizen (sov sit) if you want a laugh, its narcissism defined.
I know, my post was to support viv's comment
Old 10-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #117
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,901
Quote:
So. No more wheelies, anytime anywhere? What have you been drinking?
Actually I ride with a guy who wheelies all over the place. He doesn't blatantly speed thru traffic breaking multiple laws over and over though.

I have some real good Corn in the liquor cabinet. Now I'm going to have to go drink some.

Its the "f*#k everybody else, we're going to do whatever the f*#k we want" attitude these punks have that is what I take issue with.

Take it to the track, not the public highways.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #118
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
so your opinion is screw safety, obey the law? not being allowed to wheelie or stand up is a safety hazard. if you don't understand this you need to write more and type less. as someone who's been riding for 30 years on and off road I simply can't imagine obeying such an asinine blanket law. if they rewrite the laws to make more sense I have no problem obeying them. How about putting something in the verbage that says no wheelies beyond X amount of feet and no standing beyond X amount of yards ? at least that would make sense
"Wheelies save lives"!

Poping a wheelie to get over an obstruction is perfectly acceptable as is standing. Hell, I stand riding on gravel roads a lot.

You're comparing one minor infraction that may get you pulled over to a group who broke multiple laws, multiple times, evidently on camera. There's a slight difference. If you don't understand this you need to read more and type less.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #119
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Look, I am free to do whatever the fuck I want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post

Its the "f*#k everybody else, we're going to do whatever the f*#k we want" attitude these punks have that is what I take issue with.
Case in point.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #120
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post

For you and SgtDuster, those statutes clearly state that they apply to those either holding a DL, or, those required by that chapter to hold one. Which is nobody.

I've taken this to court, with three hearings over the span of several months. They spent a lot of time and money, hired a court reporter, etc, and finally threw in the towel. They couldn't get past arraignment to show the court even had jurisdiction to hear the case.

I don't know of any better way to prove this, else I would have done it that way.

The fact remains that they failed to prosecute, much less win their case.

Sorry that this doesn't jive with your personal religious beliefs.

I stand by what I have found to be true in the courts.

You can believe whatever you want to, that is the nature of religion, after all. Belief in something which cannot be proven.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote