Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
LowPSI OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
US Nationals. Would you? Feedback needed.

Looking at the schedule below you can see clearly that there is a possibility to try something new.

Please answer this question: IF there was an East and West Championship offered would it be something you might do rather than stay home and do none?

In 2014 Co & KS would be West and PA & TN would be East.

In 2015 East would be OH & NE and West would be CA & AZ.

4 of 4 rounds would count for either East or West championships.

The overall NATC Championships would remain in place and unchanged meaning 5 of 8 would count for the overall series Championships.

2014 Mototrial National Schedule
Date Location Host Club
May 24, 25, 2014 Texas Creek, CO RMTA
May 31, June 1, 2014 Sedan, KS AVTA
June 21, 22, 2014 Tremont, PA Rausch Creek
June 28, 29, 2014 Sequatchie, TN STRA
2015 Mototrial National Schedule
Date Location Host Club
May16, 17, 2015 Toronto, OH Trials Inc.
May 23, 24, 2015 Nebraska MWTA
August 29, 30, 2015 Bear Valley, CA PITS
September 5, 6, 2015 Kingman, AZ CAT

LowPSI screwed with this post 10-22-2013 at 02:42 PM
LowPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Monty348
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
It's a long drive to NE from PA

Last time I looked Nebraska is pretty far west from most of us easterners. Not that I'm talented enough to ride a national. Just sayin.
Monty348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Jonny042
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Yes!

That would probably put me over the edge, like you said, maybe push me to do two weekends instead of none. But I do fear that it would water down the championship even more than it already has been.

Which brings me to my favorite beef with the NATC Championship...... There are 21 CLASSES!! Riding 4 lines. (5 lines if you include E-S).

Now, I realize there are people of different ages, and gender, riding, but what really sets people apart in this sport is ability - which is a result of commitment and training, and practice, not your age or sex. Andrew Putt is young enough to be my grandson, and probably half my weight, but he's riding the EX line. Same goes for Louise F, or Rachel (on the E-S line).

So we would have 21 National Champions, 21 Eastern Champions, and 21 Western Champions, recognized by the AMA?

63 Champions in all...... which is roughly equal to the number of riders who entered in AZ and MN this year.
Jonny042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
ridenm
not waiting anymore

Oddometer: 2,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny042 View Post
That would probably put me over the edge, like you said, maybe push me to do two weekends instead of none. But I do fear that it would water down the championship even more than it already has been.

Which brings me to my favorite beef with the NATC Championship...... There are 21 CLASSES!! Riding 4 lines. (5 lines if you include E-S).

Now, I realize there are people of different ages, and gender, riding, but what really sets people apart in this sport is ability - which is a result of commitment and training, and practice, not your age or sex. Andrew Putt is young enough to be my grandson, and probably half my weight, but he's riding the EX line. Same goes for Louise F, or Rachel (on the E-S line).

So we would have 21 National Champions, 21 Eastern Champions, and 21 Western Champions, recognized by the AMA?

63 Champions in all...... which is roughly equal to the number of riders who entered in AZ and MN this year.
I agree there are too many classes. I didn't even attempt to explain the class structure to spectators at Sipapu this year. I just left it at colored plates = line they ride.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,466
That is funny about the classes if divided. Maybe Sportsman, SR40 and Sr55. Otherwise Low PSI remembers when it was the national class and support. And nobody signed up for support. Surprised that was not changed, but with the low turn out you do not want to alienate the ones showing up!
Could change to just three lines easily with no-stop. Easy, Hard, National Championship class.
M. I`m all for a regional qualifier, but it would have to have a championship weekend to decide the overall winners!
By the way thanks for your time and effort to fix our current problems. I assume we had no representation at the meeting, but our board was notified with too short of notice.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,210
It would be cool to hit two events and have a shot at some kind of series.

I'm for anything that would increase participation and I think that this would.

I only know of a couple of "working class" guys that can even think about hitting all of the events in the present circuit.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
nwcycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
Lol

Dont even get me started with this..............
............I was pretty much fed up with cherry pickers this year...........
nwcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
amcross
Career Rookie/Novice

Oddometer: 203
Yes, we would consider this (midwesterners here) ... I'm certainly not good enough to compete and doubt I would be any time soon. But one of mIke's goals is to ride A national by his 50th birthday, on a specific line. If there was a possibility he could win a regional standing in attending two weekends, that would put far more drive into not only doing one weekend, but making both of those. The 2015 lineup looks VERY feasible for that, for us.
amcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
motobene
Motoing for 43 years

Oddometer: 1,062
East, west, when... I'm not qualified to say. I've been riding trials off and on since `88, but I have never ridden a National. All those years with all the competing forces for time... I could never attend enough local events much ride Nationals. I think I filed it away in some implausible drawer, so I never even thought to do it.

It's on the bucket list now.

21 classes? For sure?

I was talking to Dale Malasec about how I had some desire to host a National at the ranch s o m e d a y. I certainly have the terrain, but gosh, it's a huge amount of work. Our little yet-un named club is just staring to sprout some arm and legs.

This last week between tile work and cow stuff, I and my hand were opening up a new section area. Nice creek bank with larger rocks. Felling dead trees, grazing for hours with loppers, making large tree and brush sleds, then hauling them off with the ATV or backhoe.... Then comes the weed eating I've a new Stihl FS-90 after the 1985 FS-80 finally died. Works awesome but it technically weird. It's a 4-stroke yet lubricates with premix. Not yet sure how they made that work.

When I build section areas, I find myself musing how hard sections would have to be for the top riders. Be nice if one or more could come here and dink around some time.
motobene is offline   Reply With Quote