ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #196
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Never been there so I don't know, but if that is the case its something maybe if you GoPro'ed it for yourself and not the world to see at least till you are old and don't care anymore because no one will remember what the law was 40 years ago.
Probably so that when the next Darwin Award winner tries it on a GS and the arch falls, this goober can post up his vid and say, "been there done that".
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #197
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Never been there so I don't know, but if that is the case its something maybe if you GoPro'ed it for yourself and not the world to see at least till you are old and don't care anymore because no one will remember what the law was 40 years ago.
It has only been illegal in more recent years if memory serves me correctly. When I first started going to Moab in the 70's, people even drove jeeps across it. It's been on the cover of some of off road mags in the past.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #198
Pariahtize
Miscategorized

Oddometer: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
Other than the deal that it is illegal for motorized vehicles to be on the arch?

I'm far from innocent from breaking some laws, but why someone would post an illegal act on a public medium is beyond my rational thought process.
Illegal ("destructive") mc vid filmed within a Nat Park, and posted on an mc forum bashing illegal/destructive activity within a State Park.

Classic stuff right there. . . .
Old 10-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #199
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
Well, that's all I need to know. I swear not to watch any reruns of the movie, "White Buffalo".
But that was Bronson's best movie evah!

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #200
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,676
Quote:
It has only been illegal in more recent years if memory serves me correctly. When I first started going to Moab in the 70's, people even drove jeeps across it. It's been on the cover of some of off road mags in the past.
That's what I was thinking too. I seem to remember bikes riding over it in the mid '90's and with no signage of closure or non-motorized, etc. I also thought I had seen jeeps on it at some point as well.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #201
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,978
Quote:
You are quite correct, but like most things of this nature, no pun intended, they will be a thing of the past if this behavior continues. Then the only way one will be able to enjoy this beauty is on a postcard, after the area's are closed.
Unfortunately, it will continue I'm afraid.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #202
FatChance
Road Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
You are quite correct, but like most things of this nature, no pun intended, they will be a thing of the past if this behavior continues. Then the only way one will be able to enjoy this beauty is on a postcard, after the area's are closed.
Unfortunately, it will continue I'm afraid.
For better or worse, we are heading in that direction. The majority of the co-owners of the public lands live in cities and get their information from Outside magazine and want to keep access limited to people who have the same dreams they have yet will never realize. That is the democratic process. Reality is a bitch or a mistress.

FatChance screwed with this post 10-24-2013 at 06:29 PM
Old 10-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #203
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
For better or worse, we are heading in that direction. The majority of the co-owners of the public lands live in cities and get their information from Outside magazine and want to keep access limited to people who have the same dreams they have yet will never realize. That is the democratic process. Reality is a bitch or a mistress.

- - OR - -

Dipshits that think they are 'just a rock' keeps doing stupid crap because we endlessly debate whether or not the punishment is severe enough, while simultaneously locking up millions of people who's only crime was ingesting something into their own body.

We need to decide what our priorities are as a nation. And the prospects are kinda bleak.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #204
FatChance
Road Captain

Consider that anyone who has a different opinion than you might not be a dipshit. Should we be inclusive or exclusive and try to be civil in our conversation? Your choice in how you want to influence others. Our activities as riders and users of public lands depends our attitudes and how we discuss this with regard to our own perceived impacts. Maybe you think restrictions in this aspect are more important than how we choose to use our land? We as riders are not on the democratic moral high ground these days. Choose your battles.

FatChance screwed with this post 10-24-2013 at 07:16 PM
Old 10-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #205
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Consider that anyone who has a different opinion than you might not be a dipshit. Should we be inclusive or exclusive and try to be civil in our conversation? Your choice in how you want to influence others. Our activities as riders and users of public lands depends our attitudes and how we discuss this with regard to our own perceived impacts. Maybe you think restrictions in this aspect are more important than how we choose to use our land? We as riders are not on the democratic moral high ground these days. Choose your battles.
The guys that knocked over the rocks are the dipshits. I'm perfectly fine taking the other side of their argument.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #206
FatChance
Road Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
The guys that knocked over the rocks are the dipshits. I'm perfectly fine taking the other side of their argument.
Thank you for the clarification. It was not clear how wide of a net you were casting.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #207
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,947
Quote:
Thank you for the clarification. It was not clear how wide of a net you were casting.
I'm waiting for the "there are consequences to who you vote for" angle that I'm sure is coming any moment now.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #208
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
I'm waiting for the "there are consequences to who you vote for" angle that I'm sure is coming any moment now.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #209
Sig_Sour
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
George Carlin has more to say in this thread than most of us posting here...
Sig_Sour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #210
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
Tap into America

Oddometer: 506
KLRs on Natioan Monuments

Even the most untrained eye can clearly see that there is an irresponsible rider on a KLR driving over this national monument.

The evidence is irrefutable - KLRs should be banned.

Sir Denis Eton-Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote