User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
hart OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
I was bad

Yes so bad..... my commute around 12 noon NYS Thruway near cross county parkway exit. Radar detector went off and I spied a state trooper on the service road with an old pick up truck pulled over. I looked over and even tho it was four lanes and a divider I could see the smudge of his face turned towards me as I went past at normal speed. As soon as I was out of sight notched up to normal light speed, tunes,ear plugs in light traffic beautiful day and just rolling. Next thing I know a state trooper is in my rear view on my ass. I kinda panicked hit the brakes and started to pull over, no shoulder only wall on this particular exit so slowly tried to roll down the ramp to a safe place. He was flashing his lights and apparently yelling at me thru his loudspeaker, could not hear him. I finally just stopped basically blocking the ramp no where to go, he came up and blocked me and I noticed three DEP cars behind me. Cop jumped out literally frothing at the mouth pointing at me, gun out and down to his side, screaming at me. Helmut off quick he's yelling "give me your keys". I Take the keys out, off with the bakaclava. (show him my grey hair) he is absolutely going off on me speeding,unsafe lane change passing on the right,following too close, etc said hed been chasing me for a mile. I guess the DEP cars joined in for back up.I was totally shocked and freaked and kinda scared at his reaction. License and reg. kept me on the highway with the lane blocked while he checked for about 30 minutes. Then came back still yelling. "I can arrest you tow your bike 19 points someone of your age should know better yelled all my violations again and then right in my face then screamed "this is the luckiest day in your life" slow down and be careful. Two tickets -failure to signal and failure to yield to an emergency vehicle truly my lucky day. Grey hair PBA card and obvious and sincere apology saved me...Thank you Mr. Officer

hart screwed with this post 11-07-2013 at 02:09 PM
hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
bdarling
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart View Post
As soon as I was out of sight notched up to normal light speed, tunes,ear plugs in light traffic beautiful day and just rolling.
LOL! I suppose you had it coming...I'm glad it worked out in your favor. Lesson of the day: don't be a dick to a cop, it gets you nowhere.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
hart OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Nice Leo

yes always nice to them especially when i use a PBA card from my detective friend. But he was so pissed.....
Old 11-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
I'd hate to ride in NY after that big incident there...unfortunately I think bikes are going to be targets for citations for a long time till the whole thing fades from memory.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
hart OP
Gnarly Adventurer

this is the guy

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...escue/1720315/

Ultimately he was really nice to me.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,268
I don't get it. Any of it. You rode badly, got pulled over by a trooper who was angry because he frequently has to scrape bits of bad riders off the road, got yelled at because you couldn't hear the police car hailing you for a mile with your music plugged ears, used a bogus PBA card, got two moving violation citations - and you are bragging about this? Good luck with that.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider

Oddometer: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
I don't get it. Any of it. You rode badly, got pulled over by a trooper who was angry because he frequently has to scrape bits of bad riders off the road, got yelled at because you couldn't hear the police car hailing you for a mile with your music plugged ears, used a bogus PBA card, got two moving violation citations - and you are bragging about this? Good luck with that.
Because sharing is always bragging.

-"I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another five years of life."
Anonawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
def
Ginger th wonder dog

Oddometer: 9,287
I would throw myself on the floor in front of the judge, feign a fit, plead insanity, ask for mercy and be prepared for a big fine.

I've done it a couple times with some success. Practice the fit part befoe your court date.

Report back after you are released.
def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #9
Lensgrinder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post

Glad you said it.
Lensgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
def
Ginger th wonder dog

Oddometer: 9,287
What's a PBA card and where do I get one?
def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
OK WTF is a PBA card?
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Police Benevolent Association , which is ironic because MOST cops are malevolent.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,345
"you were speeding, here is your ticket" occifer

"ya, ok" citizen

the cashier doesn't scream at you when you don't have exact change, why are cops allowed to be dicks when it's just another job ? big deal. ewwww, a piece of paper. whatever. just hand the thing over and go away.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
"you were speeding, here is your ticket" occifer

"ya, ok" citizen

the cashier doesn't scream at you when you don't have exact change, why are cops allowed to be dicks when it's just another job ? big deal. ewwww, a piece of paper. whatever. just hand the thing over and go away.
Dick is in their job description.Being one , taking one , whichever.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #15
ozmoses
Ride On

Oddometer: 2,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post

the cashier doesn't scream at you when you don't have exact change, why are cops allowed to be dicks when it's just another job ?

Exactly.