Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Asia Pacific
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
fierstf OP
girl power

Oddometer: 64
Any moto riders/scuba divers want to do a trip in the Philippines?

Hi everyone,

Like most of us working folks, my time and money are limited, and I have any hobbies. I love taking motorcycle vacations, but it often comes at the expense of my other hobbies such as rick climbing, hiking, scuba diving, mountain biking, etc.

I have been living in the Philippines for over a year now, but work has kept me traveling in other countries and I have not done as much exploring in the Philippines as I would like. Especially with scuba diving since it is hard to fly to an island, dive, wait 24 hours, and get back to work in a weekend.

So I have been toying with the idea of taking a motorcycle/scuba diving vacation. However, to keep costs down and to have more fun, it would be great to share this journey with others. And since we are not flying, we can easily move from one diving destination to the next.

I am looking at planning a trip for January 2014, for about 2 weeks. Is there anyone who wants to escape winter and join me for some world class riding and scuba diving? I can send more details about the exact route and diving destinations to anyone who sends me a PM.

Thanks,
Frances
fierstf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Swashbuckler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Oh man this sounds like the perfect trip! I was living out in the marshall islands for a couple years diving. Pohnpei is an amazing place as well. I just wish I would have made it out to the Philippines or Bali to get some diving in.

So are you going to be carrying dive gear?

Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2004 CRF450R - Supermoto / 2007 GSXR 750 / 1991 Yamaha XJ600 Secca II
Swashbuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
fierstf OP
girl power

Oddometer: 64
[QUOTE=So are you going to be carrying dive gear?[/QUOTE]

If I can get 3 more people to join me, then we can get a backup vehicle that can carry extra stuff like dive gear. I do have my own dive gear and I would prefer to dive with it since I know my buoyancy with my won gear. However, gear can be rented everywhere so if people don't have their own stuff, or they don't want to drag it here, then that is not an issue either.
fierstf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #4
beckybulasco
beckybulasco

Oddometer: 2
Road conditions in Samar island, Philippines

Hello, I'm new here and not sure if i'm in the right place to make this post but bear with me please. I am circumnavigating Samar starting in November. Has anyone done this? On my map the road goes from pretty,, wide rd road, to black and in places just a small dotted line......looks scary........anyone got the poop on this road around the island? thanks.......becky
beckybulasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #5
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,377
Hi Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybulasco View Post
Hello, I'm new here and not sure if i'm in the right place to make this post but bear with me please. I am circumnavigating Samar starting in November. Has anyone done this? On my map the road goes from pretty,, wide rd road, to black and in places just a small dotted line......looks scary........anyone got the poop on this road around the island? thanks.......becky
Check your Private Messages Becky , I sent u some info . Cheers Toddy
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is online now   Reply With Quote