User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #151
Rd650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
There will be way more info on Monday about this. You may perhaps be pleasantly surprised.
Adding 6 more events to the road racing calendar and some tv coverage would be pleasant for the fans that are left. If DMG gets there act together for 2 seasons I will be back to watch the show. DMG has really made it tough on the young talented riders that deserve a better series.
Rd650 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #152
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd650 View Post
Adding 6 more events to the road racing calendar and some tv coverage would be pleasant for the fans that are left. If DMG gets there act together for 2 seasons I will be back to watch the show. DMG has really made it tough on the young talented riders that deserve a better series.
Not holding my breath, they've already proven they can fuck up the simplest of things
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #153
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 377
Watching the Supercross last night I couldn't help but notice that the 200 or any of the other races happening next weekend were NEVER mentioned. Except for a reference to "The action on Main Street" it was as if road bikes didn't exist.

Comments like "it's so cool that fans get to walk on the very same tarmac the stock cars use" rather than mentioning that bikes would be on that same track in just a few days --- or, and this is even more telling, Mr. Asshat Ralph Sheheen started going on about how long the Daytona event has been going on and said it's been (however many years) since they started coming to Daytona for the sun and fun. Never mentioning that it was the bikes running on the beach that started the whole bike week thing. He was obviously avoiding mentioning the road race bikes in any context at all related to Daytona. This tone is much different than the constant promotion of the 200 in previous years.

Pretty sure it's over when Daytona won't even admit it is happening, much less promote it to a wide TV audience.

If the "pleasantly surprised" announcement tomorrow is some sort of pay per view for TV or the net then they can shove it, my wallet won't be open for DMG.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #154
bikerfish
flyfishandride

I hope the series that john ulrich is starting will really take off, that is exactly what roadracing needs, someone that actually has an interest in the sport promoting it.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #155
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
Watching the Supercross last night I couldn't help but notice that the 200 or any of the other races happening next weekend were NEVER mentioned. Except for a reference to "The action on Main Street" it was as if road bikes didn't exist.

Comments like "it's so cool that fans get to walk on the very same tarmac the stock cars use" rather than mentioning that bikes would be on that same track in just a few days --- or, and this is even more telling, Mr. Asshat Ralph Sheheen started going on about how long the Daytona event has been going on and said it's been (however many years) since they started coming to Daytona for the sun and fun. Never mentioning that it was the bikes running on the beach that started the whole bike week thing. He was obviously avoiding mentioning the road race bikes in any context at all related to Daytona. This tone is much different than the constant promotion of the 200 in previous years.

Pretty sure it's over when Daytona won't even admit it is happening, much less promote it to a wide TV audience.

If the "pleasantly surprised" announcement tomorrow is some sort of pay per view for TV or the net then they can shove it, my wallet won't be open for DMG.
Supercross is managed by a group not associated with DMG. You would think that it is in all their best interests to promote motorcycle racing in all it's forms, but maybe the Supercross management doesn't want that to happen. Or maybe FS1 isn't televising the other series and is being pissy.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #156
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,375
Management by committee, oh joy.

http://www.amaproracing.com/ft/news/index.cfm?cid=59097

They kicked the lawyer off the board, probably so he can work on the bankruptcy filing.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #157
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
Yup. It's instructive to note that when they run those nostalgic pieces about the old races and racers they talk about the personalities and the drivers. Sometimes they mention Chevy or Ford but they never mention the sponsors. Even NASCAR people really don't care.
Hmm, I think the problem might be the riders' names...

I mean, how can you not like (or dislike) a guy named: Fireball Roberts?

--Doc

PS. No relation (AFAIK) to "our" Roberts guys...
Isa. 58:14 (KJV)
2013 BMW GSW (traveler)
1992 Ducati 900SS (looker)
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #158
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 8,020
Am I reading that right??

"AMA Pro Racing's Board of Managers is comprised of the following: • David Atlas, Chief Business Development Officer, AMA Pro Racing
• Tom Bledsoe, Vice President, Administration, NASCAR
• George Silbermann, Vice President, Regional and Touring Series, NASCAR
• Todd Wilson, Vice President, Finance and Governance, NASCAR
• Mark Raffauf, Series Director, Ferrari Challenge & Lamborghini, IMSA"

Three NASCAR guys, one IMSA guy and one AMA guy on the AMA Pro Racing board of directors?? What's wrong with this picture??

WTF...
Old 03-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #159
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
Or maybe FS1 isn't televising the other series and is being pissy.
This would be my guess and I would bet the RS, RC, and JE were instructed not to mention the pavement races. They've dropped coverage, so there is no upside to them talking about it.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #160
Rd650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Not holding my breath, they've already proven they can fuck up the simplest of things
I agree Bikerfish DMG could fuck up cornflakes. They own controlling interest in Road Atlanta but they chose not to bring an AMA Superbike round to the track .What a bunch of crack smoking retards.
Rd650 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:09 AM   #161
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Quote:
I agree Bikerfish DMG could fuck up cornflakes. They own controlling interest in Road Atlanta but they chose not to bring an AMA Superbike round to the track .What a bunch of crack smoking retards.
yeah, pretty pathetic when you don't race at your own track!
Old 03-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #162
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,482
Quote:
What entity owns the controlling interest in Road Atlanta? Its not listed as an International Speedway Corporation property.

Edit: Just found this: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar-...0--nascar.html
Old 03-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #163
bikerfish
flyfishandride

This should be a wake-up call, come on, they won't even race at a fucking track they fucking own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a joke.

the AMA/DMG/ASSHOLESAREUS will never get another dime out of me unless something drastic changes.
like I've said many times before, and it should be my signature line, FUCK them for destroying the sport I love!!!!

and that fanchoice shit will probable be the same blurry stationary webcam they use at the flattrack races.
jebus, this shit had better coverage in the 70's!!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #164
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Agree with DMG and the cornflakes reference. Maybe they dont want to run around the new Road Atlanta layout. They are running out of corners to put chicanes in
Old 03-11-2014, 05:44 AM   #165
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,501
The 73rd running of the DAYTONA 200 will begin Saturday, March 15 at 1:00 p.m. EST.

How to Watch
FansChoice.tv will be the official home for live streaming coverage of AMA Pro Road Racing and AMA Pro Flat Track events in 2014. The site will also provide coverage of IMSA's development and single-make series, and NASCAR's touring and weekly series. Complete details about FansChoice.tv will be released in the coming days.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote