Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #166
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
I'll watch if it's free, otherwise DMG can lick my ball sack!

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:47 PM   #167
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post

yep, I agree. I was just wondering if it was going to be free, I really don't see that happening. And, if it does cost money, how many people do they think will sign on? I'd say VERY few.
you have to wonder, do they (dmg), have any idea how rock bottom they are?
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #168
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
I applaud the effort. Will wait to see the reality.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #169
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
You'd trust them for that?
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #170
kwh
Fat Hairy Git

Oddometer: 241
I paid, from the UK, to watch a livestreamed AMA DSB race. It didn't work, at all, and I was unsuccessful getting anybody to even acknowledge my existence, never mind give me a refund. So they owe me a free streamed DSB race before I'd waste time & money on them again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
kwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #171
kwh
Fat Hairy Git

Oddometer: 241
PS: Watch BSB, it's a high quality series...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
kwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #172
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,501

FansChoice.TV is a collaborative effort between AMA Pro Racing, the International Motorsports Association, and NASCAR to live stream races and other motorsports events that many fans might not otherwise have a chance to see.

Nothing beats the excitement and adrenalin rush of attending a race in person. FansChoice.TV strongly encourages race fans to support racing in their communities and regions.

But when you can’t attend in person, or it happens to be an off-weekend for your local racetrack, or your favorite driver/rider is competing in an event halfway across the country, or you want to check out other forms of racing, or check-out racing events occurring at other racetracks around the world….FansChoice.TV is there for you.

Even when you are at the racetrack, your experience can be heightened by interacting with FansChoice.TV on your mobile device.

This concept is being built specifically with race fans in mind. As more and more live content comes online in the coming months, the main premise of this site will continue to be that you, the fan, control what you are watching.

You select the event.

You select the camera.

You can switch between simultaneously-occurring events if you want.

You watch as much or as little as you want.

Live events during our initial launch will include: • America's premier dirt track racing series, AMA Pro Flat Track, featuring races for both Pro and Expert riders competing on the fast-paced quarter-mile dirt track at Daytona International Speedway. • Three different divisions of AMA Pro Road Racing on the challenging 3.56 mile Daytona International Speedway motorcycle road course, culminating with the prestigious Daytona 200. • And IMSA Sports Car racing from the iconic 3.7 mile international road course in Sebring, Florida.

As a special feature, the AMA Pro content from Daytona Beach will also include the option to watch the live racing in a “produced” format. In the coming weeks and months, we will be adding NASCAR regional touring series to the mix including selected races from the NASCAR K&N Pro Series, the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, and the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour.

And as the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series for local weekly racing shifts into full gear for the season, we will be bringing live racing feeds from selected local NASCAR Hometracks across North America.

The site will also be populated with a rich variety of racing videos, racing-related videos, and special features that you can view on demand; links to important motorsports websites; and information of interest to fans like you.

FansChoice.TV will continue to grow and evolve to meet the interests and demands of the fans.

Our mission is simple. To serve you, the race fans.

Welcome to FansChoice.TV.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #173
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

FansChoiceTV Provides New Viewing Option

FansChoice.tv, which launches today, is a new online service that will stream live NASCAR, IMSA and AMA Pro events free of charge. Fans need only to visit the website (www.fanschoice.tv) to view races live every weekend. No registration will be required.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #174
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

G-dub says tha all 4 RR classes will be carried, including SBK and DSB qualifying.

)

Old 03-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #175
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,363
Let's give credit where credit is due here. I'd much prefer getting AMA racing in my cable package, but if the coverage is decent, a free streaming deal with no registration is the next best thing. I'm going to tune in to the 200 and see how it goes.

Does anybody know if we're going to get advertising?

Some technical questions to the gurus....

Is Fanschoice.TV something that is likely to appear in devices like Apple TV and Roku anytime soon? Do any of these devices have the capability to launch a browser or are they hard-wired to only certain services?

Also, if anybody has figured out how to install something in a browser that gives you true "DVR-like" time-shifting capability, I'd like to hear about it. I investigated this a year or two ago when WSBK when to BeIN and while there were some solutions that looked like they might work, they were super complicated.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #176
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,481
FansChoice.TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
As a special feature, the AMA Pro content from Daytona Beach will also include the option to watch the live racing in a “produced” format.
From the AMA Pro Racing announcement:
http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/news/index.cfm?cid=59272
Quote:
FansChoice.tv is a free site that puts fans in the director's chair, allowing them to choose from multiple viewpoints alongside Live Timing & Scoring data and audio commentary from the track's PA system. During selected AMA Pro events, produced streaming coverage of race sessions will be offered as an added bonus to the fans.
Bold added by me.

Seems only certain race weekends will get the full production and others will be just static cameras and the PA system for announcing. AMA Pro Racing isn't saying what "selected events" means but I'm going to be skeptical about this package. I'm excited to watch the road racing and flat track from Daytona but we really have nothing to go on for the rest of the season as to what will be covered at which events. (sigh)
Old 03-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #177
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 8,154
WTF is it with only five stinking races?

DMG is doing a killer job of killing motorcycle racing. Makes me want to puke!

Apparently the AMA's own fucked up operations actually were NOT the worst thing that could happen to races in the U.S.A. As DMG has shown us...

What a bunch of flaming anuses.

Is WERRA going national? I hope so, apparently they can actually put on races across the nation that DMG can't seem to do.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #178
Rd650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
DMG has done something which appears to be positive you have to give them some credit. They have a big hole to crawl out of with most fans.
I am happy to see the riders getting some coverage. They have got some rope, now we get to see how it works out
Rd650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #179
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Bold added by me.

Seems only certain race weekends will get the full production and others will be just static cameras and the PA system for announcing. AMA Pro Racing isn't saying what "selected events" means but I'm going to be skeptical about this package. I'm excited to watch the road racing and flat track from Daytona but we really have nothing to go on for the rest of the season as to what will be covered at which events. (sigh)
I noted the same. Time will tell, I guess.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #180
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,481
Confused about the state of AMA Pro Racing? You're not alone:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...on-and-future/