ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #46
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sao Paulo:)
Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragos View Post
You can put it on a cloud storage service (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive), make it public and put the link here.
Cheers
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #47
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sao Paulo:)
Oddometer: 345
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85...it?usp=sharing

Can anybody figure out how to post the actual Word doc. so it can be edited?
For now I guess you can copy-paste it on a new Word doc and send it back to the email address on it.
So for anybody interested fill this in so I can calculate shipping costs.
For those who've send me an email I will attach this in a mail later today and send it.

Sorry for the slow progress in regards to setting this up. Am in the middle off...a lot off things:))
The progress on the shields is going good. By now all the scoops are almost finished. I brought my bike to the guys so we could make the final template. So basically these will be slightly longer so we're able to make two small holes for the cable tie as to hide it a bit better. The shields for the Standard adventure won't have the cut outs but we'll draw it on the back in case you install a bash bar.

I think by tuesday they should all be ready. Then as I know what model bike it need to be made for the make the final cut out and it gets coated in Carbon look...and send of.

Adjusting the final template


One of the two CArbon laminates for the 30 pair of shields


Scoops in the making..


Insurance inspection...check. Final spanish license plate today...check.
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:33 AM   #48
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sao Paulo:)
Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewolff View Post
Rik - email me your bank details at my address that I sent you (including the IBAN number if you use that system in Spain) and who I need to talk to to get them shipped to Dubai by courier? I need one pair, carbon fibre, Matt finish please?

Best wishes

Mike
Did you receive my email?
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #49
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sao Paulo:)
Oddometer: 345
Progress



Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #50
mikewolff
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Dubai
Oddometer: 24
Email and form sent Rik!

Mike
mikewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #51
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sao Paulo:)
Oddometer: 345
Sanded one of the shields with some 1500 and came out pretty nice. What you guys think?
I haven't seen version 1.01 yet but think most shield should be ready by now and we'll start finishing them with Carbon look.
I've also been trying to get my hands on a thermal camera and post a few pics with and without shields.

Matt


Gloss

Corsica101 screwed with this post 11-12-2013 at 02:36 PM
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #52
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sao Paulo:)
Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
Sanded one of the shields with some 1500 and came out pretty nice. What you guys think?
I haven't seen version 1.01 yet but think most shield should be ready by now and we'll start finishing them with Carbon look.
I've also been trying to get my hands on a thermal camera and post a few pics with and without shields.

...was pushing a bit too hard on the track last sunday...oops:) Bit more carbon work I guess

Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #53
Jake Mountain
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Oddometer: 448
If it was mine I'd leave it, chicks dig scars
__________________
14 Suzuki V2
01 KTM LC4 640 Enduro
Jake Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #54
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
...was pushing a bit too hard on the track last sunday...oops:) Bit more carbon work I guess

fix the carbon but leave the center stand scrape...then challenge friends to drag their center stand like you.....
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #55
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sao Paulo:)
Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
fix the carbon but leave the center stand scrape...then challenge friends to drag their center stand like you.....
Lol...good idea:))
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #56
2on2off
Head'n somewhere new
 
2on2off's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Central California
Oddometer: 1,230
Are you also putting some heat shield on the bottom of the seat?

I'd be very interested to know how well this actually works. A heat sensing camera is a great idea. It would be interesting to use that same camera on the 990 to see the difference in heat coming to the seat and your legs between the two bikes.
__________________
Jim
I came to ride...........
2on2off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #57
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sao Paulo:)
Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2on2off View Post
Are you also putting some heat shield on the bottom of the seat?

I'd be very interested to know how well this actually works. A heat sensing camera is a great idea. It would be interesting to use that same camera on the 990 to see the difference in heat coming to the seat and your legs between the two bikes.
It works pretty good! Temps here have dropped now but a week or 2-3 ago we still had 30 here and I could still cruise in the city in my shorts which before, after 20' off stop and go, became unbearable, especially at my left thigh. I'm finishing up my job this week so next week I'll be able to focus on getting the camera and getting the shields send off to everyone.
5 pair are finished for the R version and all the left shields for the Standard Adventure should be finished by monday.
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #58
tiptop
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: beirut
Oddometer: 2
esthetically it should be under orange tubes
tiptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #59
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sao Paulo:)
Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
It works pretty good! Temps here have dropped now but a week or 2-3 ago we still had 30 here and I could still cruise in the city in my shorts which before, after 20' off stop and go, became unbearable, especially at my left thigh. I'm finishing up my job this week so next week I'll be able to focus on getting the camera and getting the shields send off to everyone.
5 pair are finished for the R version and all the left shields for the Standard Adventure should be finished by monday.
Haven't looked at a shield under the seat yet but KTM Spain is fixing the reflective material under the seat under warranty...
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #60
mikewolff
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Dubai
Oddometer: 24
Check your email please Rik and advise? Mike


Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
Haven't looked at a shield under the seat yet but KTM Spain is fixing the reflective material under the seat under warranty...
mikewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014