Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
Garnotte OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Maybe I will bring a few bag of cheeze curd with me because a poutine isn't a real poutine without cheeze curd! :p C'est bon en osti de tabarnak avec du fromage frais!

Btw for the 400 km, I didn't say I will take the shorter route hehe.
Garnotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
CaribooBC
life is an adventure

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnotte View Post
Maybe I will bring a few bag of cheeze curd with me because a poutine isn't a real poutine without cheeze curd! :p C'est bon en osti de tabarnak avec du fromage frais!

Btw for the 400 km, I didn't say I will take the shorter route hehe.
You can buy cheese curd at The Village Cheese Company in Armstrong BC, its in the North Okanagan just off of Hwy 97A.
CaribooBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #18
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribooBC View Post
You can buy cheese curd at The Village Cheese Company in Armstrong BC, its in the North Okanagan just off of Hwy 97A.
And the food is pretty good there. The curds of course only if they just made them and were never refrigerated.Pretty big bag for $10.00....good deal!

Nomad was closed in Revvy yesterday.Pas de p'tite fille de Sherbrooke... Re-opens Nov 01. Had to go to Denny's and the geriatric waiting staff, stay away from the new "featured" omelettes.Tortilla Chorizo...
Old 10-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
Garnotte OP
Gnarly Adventurer

And were you can find this " poutine heaven" in Revy?
Old 10-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #20
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnotte View Post
And were you can find this " poutine heaven" in Revy?
Heaven???? Yep a large bowl of soup....a Poutine then a double Ice Cream on a waffle cone, that's heaven for me + watching the heavenly sceneries,good for the old eyes.

Turn left into Revy if coming from the east, go under the railway overpass,keep looking right they usually have a 2 wheel delivery thing parked in front.

A little gravel for me today??? 100 Kms but no Poutine at the end, Chippy's is closed for the season in Kaslo.Decisions.... decisions in the summer, the Classic, Hippie or Redneck....???Bienvenue dans les Kootenays....!

OK wanna see the Poutine in Revy??? Go there I sent him there after I noticed his "Autoroute Transcanadienne 20" sticker when I met him at the end of the gravel road he had just travelled, the one where I am going today.... Post 24....

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=912101
Old 10-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #21
Garnotte OP
Gnarly Adventurer

What are the best gps map for the area of BC and Alberta? For now I got the map from Ibycus.

I plan to buy some backroad map book for the trip, but I will need 4 to 5 of them to cover my entire trip (Canadian rookies,Kootenay rookies,Cariboo and chilcotin and Tompson Okanakan BC). That would take a lot of space on the bike.

Maybe I can skip the Canadian rookies one, I guess it hard to get lost on the alberta trunk road. But I would like to have a paper map for quick reference.

Thanks!

BTW H96669, I checked the #24 post.....miam-miam....that's a nice looking poutine.

Garnotte screwed with this post 10-27-2013 at 07:17 AM
Old 10-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #22
squiffynimrod
maximum shrinkage

Oddometer: 1,182
I sent you a PM. Did you get it?
BECAUSE IT'S SECRET SANTA TIME!!
squiffynimrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #23
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

The Backroad books, yep can be a pain to carry less you stay in the same area. I use the British Columbia Road & Recreational Atlas, all in one. Gets me there and back.....! But they do have regional ones with more details. I'd say get an "all in one" and if you need the more detailed ones they are easily available just about anywhere,even Canayen Tire sometimes.

http://www.amazon.ca/B-C-Road-Recrea.../dp/0968077269

Got Hwy 31 on your list of roads??? Did not see any ADVers there yesterday or traffic for that matter....That's a plus on single lane gravel highways with lots of blind corners.

Pis....quel fromage est le meilleur a Quebec? Juste pour checker tes references parce que je connais la reponse au sud de Quebec...
Old 10-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #24
Garnotte OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
The Backroad books, yep can be a pain to carry less you stay in the same area. I use the British Columbia Road & Recreational Atlas, all in one. Gets me there and back.....! But they do have regional ones with more details. I'd say get an "all in one" and if you need the more detailed ones they are easily available just about anywhere,even Canayen Tire sometimes.

http://www.amazon.ca/B-C-Road-Recrea.../dp/0968077269

Got Hwy 31 on your list of roads??? Did not see any ADVers there yesterday or traffic for that matter....That's a plus on single lane gravel highways with lots of blind corners.

Pis....quel fromage est le meilleur a Quebec? Juste pour checker tes references parce que je connais la reponse au sud de Quebec...
Yes, HWY 31 is on my plan, from Arrow lake to Gray creek pass. And for the cheese curd, it doesn't matter to me as long they are fresh made . But I guest your answer is Victoriaville or Warwick?
Old 10-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #25
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,231
BC BackRoads has a folding map now that is good for an overview:

http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/shop...oducts_id=8673

Guide to what area it shows:

http://backroadmapbooks.com/shop/ima...MBC_MapKey.jpg

By next year they might have more of BC covered by this style map.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #26
Garnotte OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Any suggestion for some nice lookout in Alberta and BC that can be do with a big bike?? What about Limestone MTN?

Garnotte screwed with this post 10-29-2013 at 06:55 AM
Old 10-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #27
edwin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
idaho peak just up the mtn from historic Sandon BC...in between Kaslo and New denver. you are gonna have to go thru that area cause it is some of the best rds in the province.
1974 honda cb 550 (R.i.P. vanessa)
edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #28
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin View Post
idaho peak just up the mtn from historic Sandon BC...in between Kaslo and New denver. you are gonna have to go thru that area cause it is some of the best rds in the province.
For sure, I've been up there with my GS, nice little run.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #29
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

I sent someone here to Idaho lookout....looks like he liked it. But I don't think he hoofed the last part to the lookout.You may not want to do the trail with motorcycle boots on.

Big bikes are fine climbing the hill, last time I was up there there was an assortment of local junkers in the lot and even an RV. The beat up old Chevette was pretty funny....
Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #30
MCMXCIVRS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
I sent someone here to Idaho lookout....looks like he liked it. But I don't think he hoofed the last part to the lookout.You may not want to do the trail with motorcycle boots on.

Big bikes are fine climbing the hill, last time I was up there there was an assortment of local junkers in the lot and even an RV. The beat up old Chevette was pretty funny....

I've hiked it a few times in my riding boots, most recently last August. No big deal. The ride up without the hike to the top is like cake without icing, it's still good, but much sweeter with.

2009 BMW F800GS, 2008 BMW K1200GT
MCMXCIVRS is offline   Reply With Quote