Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #151
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Abbeville

I arrived in Abbeville, LA just as the sun was going down. It sets at 5PM now!

I had made a navigational error that cost me an extra half hour but I made it here.

I found a nice clean motel called the Sunbelt. The nice lady at the front desk gave me a rate of $52. Then she got asking about my ID. She asked if it was from Sweden. I don't know what made here think that, maybe my hometown name, Shediac? I'm not sure, but I told her I was from Eastern Canada, in the area where the Cajuns came from, she said "Well, in that case, I'm going to give you a better rate" and she gave me the room for $40.

She recommended the El Camino Restaurant next door and she was right check out this meal of chicken fried pork chops, it is huge!

There were two massive pork chops. I could only eat one so I boxed the other one and took it to the lady at the motel front desk, I figured she was kind to me so I would at least offer it, untouched, to her, she was happy to get a "treat"

So, I am bushed after an outstanding day of riding with Ray, it won't be a late night. I am looking forward to the wonderful Rte 82 across the Cajun Coast of Southern Louisiana. this will be my third time across that road. I can't get enough of it. I love it!

More later...

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 11-04-2013 at 08:55 PM
Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #152
RACINGTHESUN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Time flies!

Seems like yesterday you were coming through Panama City on the KLR. Wish we could have met when you passed through. I'm back in Colorado now, but your RR is making me miss the Gulf Coast.
The KTM is quite an upgrade! Hope you have safe travels, and I will be following along. God Bless
Doug
Old 11-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #153
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACINGTHESUN View Post
Seems like yesterday you were coming through Panama City on the KLR. Wish we could have met when you passed through. I'm back in Colorado now, but your RR is making me miss the Gulf Coast.
The KTM is quite an upgrade! Hope you have safe travels, and I will be following along. God Bless
Doug
Thanks Doug

I'm glad you are with me on this ride too. Nice to hear from my readers.

I can understand missing the Gulf Coast. It is a wonderful area. I've nevr been to Colorado, but it's on the list.

I love my KTM but a KLR is nearly impossible to beat for bang for the buck.

Kedgi
Old 11-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #154
Kedgi OP
Banned

Breaux

I just met the nicest guy, Regan Breaux. He is the maintenance man at this motel. He and his sister Marcie and their Mom all work here. Another sir name from home, although in Canada it's Breau

I'll post a picture of Regan and Marcie later.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #155
motor-ray
FNG

Oddometer: 68
Laugh Thanks for the ride!

Dwight,
Definitely good times at the Red Barn and riding yesterday. I hope you enjoyed your time in LA!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #156
bESS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Kedgi:

I've never had a Chicken Steak Chop but it looks delicious

I rode to CO on my way home last year and I should be there again next September 2014. Lots of mountains, not flat like Atlantic Canada

One day I shall get to the Gulf Coast so in the meantime keep those photos coming

bob

current RR --> click here
Old 11-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #157
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor-ray View Post
Dwight,
Definitely good times at the Red Barn and riding yesterday. I hope you enjoyed your time in LA!
I certainly did, Ray, thank you for you hospitality and companionship on what turned out to be an excellent visit sand day of riding. I love Louisiana.

Kedgi
Old 11-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #158
Kedgi OP
Banned

Talking Leaving Galveston

I am leaving Galveston this morning for Port Aransas Tx, I hope to get there just ahead of some weather. I took some photos yesterday and I will post them ASAP. Including the first time the KTM laid down and took a nap.

The wifi here sucks and I have to sit in a steamy hot parking lot to use it, so....

More later

Kedgi
Old 11-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #159
RexBuck
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
Hey Kedgi

Back from our travels and got caught up with your RR. You are having a great time wandering through the south. Oh, and WTF . . . you don't like hooters? Riiiight!

I am just waiting for the sun to come up so I can head out to Calif. We've been having a bit of snow and -0 weather which I'm not a real fan of but this morning it is 1.6 deg C and I'm good to go. Have about 5 days left on my plates and I should be able to make it down there in 4 days.

Hell, might even start another ride report . . . Geezer Takes a Vacation or something like that.

Ride safe buddy.
www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America
Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #160
danh600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
Riding onto the Ft Morgan/Dauphin Island ferry

The Ferry ride is about 35 minutes for $8 and it was awesome

Kedgi
Enjoying your RR.

I did a Gulf coast trip this summer. I was like a kid riding the ferry. I was into boating before I started riding bikes. Boats and bikes together are just a great day.

One of the great things about the ferry is they moved me to the front of the line. The cars had to wait about an hour to load. They put me on the first ferry that arrived.

My bike on the ferry.

Look forward to reading about your trip into Mexico. That's on my bucket list.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #161
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexBuck View Post
Hey Kedgi

Back from our travels and got caught up with your RR. You are having a great time wandering through the south. Oh, and WTF . . . you don't like hooters? Riiiight!

I am just waiting for the sun to come up so I can head out to Calif. We've been having a bit of snow and -0 weather which I'm not a real fan of but this morning it is 1.6 deg C and I'm good to go. Have about 5 days left on my plates and I should be able to make it down there in 4 days.

Hell, might even start another ride report . . . Geezer Takes a Vacation or something like that.

Ride safe buddy.
haha I'm Secure in my manhood and not afraid to admit I don't like Hooters Bars. Robots in costumes, incapable of ever speaking to a customer. I prefer old bars with real staff.

Glad to hear you are back safe and sound. I welcome the idea of meeting geezer on vacation. I'll be in Port A for a week.

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 11-07-2013 at 05:29 AM
Old 11-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #162
Kedgi OP
Banned

Welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by danh600 View Post
Enjoying your RR.

I did a Gulf coast trip this summer. I was like a kid riding the ferry. I was into boating before I started riding bikes. Boats and bikes together are just a great day.

One of the great things about the ferry is they moved me to the front of the line. The cars had to wait about an hour to load. They put me on the first ferry that arrived.

My bike on the ferry.

Look forward to reading about your trip into Mexico. That's on my bucket list.
I love riding the Gulf Coast! Mexico is a beautiful Country. Outstanding riding!

Welcome aboard

Kedgi!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #163
RexBuck
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
haha I'm Secure in my manhood and not afraid to admit I don't like Hooters Bars. Robots in costumes, incapable of ever speaking to a customer. I prefer old bars with real staff.

Glad to hear you are back safe and sound. I welcome the idea of meeting geezer on vacation. I'll be in Port A for a week.

Kedgi
Oh, you meant the bar . . . my bad. I thought you meant . . . ah, nevermind.
www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America
Old 11-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #164
Kedgi OP
Banned

Issues

I am having issues again with the KTM. Stalling, loss of power, it started acting up yesterday about half way between Galveston and Port Aransas.

So, I did what worked before, I stopped, put some fresh gas in it, and a little injector cleaner/ethanol remedy and it worked again. Bike rode fine all the way to Port A, or at least until about ten miles from Port A when it started to stumble again. There is a little ferry here that takes you across the Aransas Pass as you come into town from the East. I got on the ferry, it was smoking hot, 31.5C and we waited 10 minutes for a barge to pass. The bike quit, leaving the ferry, quit again at the first stop light, quit again, in about 1000 feet and quit once more before I got to the motel about a mile from the ferry.

I am 150 miles from the nearest dealership in San Antonio. The bike is under warranty, now I am wondering what's going on. It can't be just water in the fuel causing all this trouble, can it?

I am so glad it quit here in Port A where I know people and have a cheap place to stay, but i need to get this fixed. I called my dealer this morning for suggestions and left a message. I'm waiting to hear back if they have any suggestions. I know the Kawasaki/Yamaha shop in Corpus Christi and i know they have good technicians, but even they are 20 miles away on a very busy, elevated, highway, where you would not want to stall

Kedgi
Old 11-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #165
yokesman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
around the high humidity areas you might want to fill up at night to reduce the condensation in the tank. up as high as you can,also some of those quicky places are not so concerned with tank conditions.
Closed Thread