ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #76
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy
 
threadkiller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: White House, Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,778
How about we bring the party to you? Will they allow a campfire and drunk shenanigans. Do they currently have a policy specifically forbidding knife fights?
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #77
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Tennessee
Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
How about we bring the party to you? Will they allow a campfire and drunk shenanigans. Do they currently have a policy specifically forbidding knife fights?
2fast4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #78
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction
 
HappyCRNA's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Kentucky
Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Haha Man I wished that would work. A death certificate is not acceptable. Dam foreign scum sucking, pink o comi, basterds!! .....sorry I've been drinking...again.
Well, there's the brash and uncouth......still waiting on irresponsible. C'mon, weather looks to be perfect for the weekend. If you had acute appendicitis and missed work they'd live; therefore they'll live if you get acute disinterest in work.
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #79
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer
 
TroyJ650's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Pleasant View, TN
Oddometer: 1,521
I'm a little upset about TK, bringing the firewood, that was going to be my excuse to trailer in. Oh well, looks like I gotta man-up for this one and ride in. It will be good practice for...... who am I kidding, I'll probably trailer up anyway!

This little gathering is shaping up to be an Olympic Caliber "Hoot"!
__________________
R1200GS ADV - (until Suzuki gets it right)
DL1000 V-Strom - sold
DRZ400E oh wait, make that DRZ 434 E/S/SM/ADV !
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #80
PsychoChem
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PsychoChem's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Oddometer: 148
Should I call and reserve a site or should I probably just pay one of you guys money again and share because I literally will be living out of my children's tent again? Also just went and bought some brand new D606's to mount on the bike (going to attempt changing tires myself for the first time this week o_0) and have to do other assorted maintenance to get it ready....just a heads up if I call one of you Clarksville regulars crying and bashing holes in the wall because I did something dumb again and need help, don't be surprised.....also am totally thinking about taking it into work on Thursday and doing some practice runs through the training areas out behind the base again because I literally have nothing to do at work all day now (massive change from last 3 months)

And of course you know I will do my best to bring debauchery/hilariousness at my expense to add to the epicness of this event as always!
__________________
2011 Suzuki DR650SE
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
2003 KDX 200
PsychoChem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #81
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly
 
iyaoyas98's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Smyrna, TN
Oddometer: 6,484
I'm a little concerned about the debauchery and what not. Is there a quiet time set for the campground? I need at least 3 hours of sleep to maintain my ultimate form.
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #82
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy
 
threadkiller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: White House, Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,778
We're probably gonna get kicked out before quiet time starts.
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #83
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy
 
threadkiller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: White House, Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoChem View Post
Should I call and reserve a site or should I probably just pay one of you guys money again and share because I literally will be living out of my children's tent again? Also just went and bought some brand new D606's to mount on the bike (going to attempt changing tires myself for the first time this week o_0) and have to do other assorted maintenance to get it ready....just a heads up if I call one of you Clarksville regulars crying and bashing holes in the wall because I did something dumb again and need help, don't be surprised.....also am totally thinking about taking it into work on Thursday and doing some practice runs through the training areas out behind the base again because I literally have nothing to do at work all day now (massive change from last 3 months)

And of course you know I will do my best to bring debauchery/hilariousness at my expense to add to the epicness of this event as always!
I wouldn't worry about reserving. It's gonna be 37 degrees. Nobody in their right mind will be in the campground. <<< This may work to our advantage.
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #84
drm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
drm's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: gallatin, tn
Oddometer: 444
Dang TK, you sound fired up (no pun there).

I plan on seeing how much crap I can hang off the 250 again this trip.

I'm good with bring your everything but will we be closer to food this time? One less thing to hang off the bike.

I just noticed I have about 1/4" left on my rear shinko 244. I may be too lazy to change it.
__________________
2007 KLX250S
drm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #85
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy
 
threadkiller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: White House, Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,778
There will be plenty of food close by. And yeah, I'm fired up. Heck, it's been nearly two weeks since I camped last. I've almost forgotten what it's like. In fact, I can't remember where I camped.
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #86
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Looking like a good time....Dam work always getting in the way. If I don't have to work Sunday
I might drive up late Saturday and have a beer. Let me know if y'all need anything.
I'm going to agree with Lisa on this. I'm about 5 shots in right now, and I'm not embarrased to say if you don't make it out, I'm going to be sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
We're gonna need beer and ibuprofen. Quantity beats quality, FWIW.
Hell yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
This little gathering is shaping up to be an Olympic Caliber "Hoot"!
Yes, yez it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoChem View Post
And of course you know I will do my best to bring debauchery/hilariousness at my expense to add to the epicness of this event as always!
You better! I think there might be a $10 charge if you pay at the gate, but it's only $6 if you book online. There will undoubtedly be a shitload of sites still available.

Give me a holler if you need help this week one night. You have my number still?

It took me FAR to long to type this reply, I don't think I've ever been this drunk before. Fireball is a hell of a drug.
__________________
My KLR650 - Not quite so ugly now
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #87
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction
 
HappyCRNA's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Kentucky
Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
I don't think I've ever been this drunk before. Fireball is a hell of a drug.
Are ye prepping the wee liver there son?
ps... hope you're not feeling bad this morning, just remember: hair of the dog is the cure.
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #88
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCRNA View Post
Are ye prepping the wee liver there son?
ps... hope you're not feeling bad this morning, just remember: hair of the dog is the cure.
haha, yeah, maybe. I've only been drinking for about a year, and really only a handful of times more than the equivalent of a beer or two. My wife's brother gave us a funny drinking game to play and we finished off the bottle of Fireball whiskey (that was already open) and almost wiped out the rest of the (also already open) Sailor Jerry. A little bit of a headache this morning, but not too bad.
__________________
My KLR650 - Not quite so ugly now
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #89
PsychoChem
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PsychoChem's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Oddometer: 148
Are there any night rides planned? Debating on whether or not to bring my TRON Helmet or not (I don't think I can fit the whole costume on the bike with all the other crap too....)

__________________
2011 Suzuki DR650SE
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
2003 KDX 200
PsychoChem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #90
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoChem View Post
Are there any night rides planned? Debating on whether or not to bring my TRON Helmet or not (I don't think I can fit the whole costume on the bike with all the other crap too....)
Maybe, especially if it is clear skies. I have a 38 mile planned route that I set up for a night ride last time that was never used. It should take us to two cool locations. I'll make sure it's loaded into the GPS.
__________________
My KLR650 - Not quite so ugly now
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014