ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #76
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,778
How about we bring the party to you? Will they allow a campfire and drunk shenanigans. Do they currently have a policy specifically forbidding knife fights?
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #77
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
How about we bring the party to you? Will they allow a campfire and drunk shenanigans. Do they currently have a policy specifically forbidding knife fights?
2fast4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #78
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Haha Man I wished that would work. A death certificate is not acceptable. Dam foreign scum sucking, pink o comi, basterds!! .....sorry I've been drinking...again.
Well, there's the brash and uncouth......still waiting on irresponsible. C'mon, weather looks to be perfect for the weekend. If you had acute appendicitis and missed work they'd live; therefore they'll live if you get acute disinterest in work.
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #79
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
I'm a little upset about TK, bringing the firewood, that was going to be my excuse to trailer in. Oh well, looks like I gotta man-up for this one and ride in. It will be good practice for...... who am I kidding, I'll probably trailer up anyway!

This little gathering is shaping up to be an Olympic Caliber "Hoot"!
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #80
PsychoChem
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Should I call and reserve a site or should I probably just pay one of you guys money again and share because I literally will be living out of my children's tent again? Also just went and bought some brand new D606's to mount on the bike (going to attempt changing tires myself for the first time this week o_0) and have to do other assorted maintenance to get it ready....just a heads up if I call one of you Clarksville regulars crying and bashing holes in the wall because I did something dumb again and need help, don't be surprised.....also am totally thinking about taking it into work on Thursday and doing some practice runs through the training areas out behind the base again because I literally have nothing to do at work all day now (massive change from last 3 months)

And of course you know I will do my best to bring debauchery/hilariousness at my expense to add to the epicness of this event as always!
PsychoChem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #81
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 6,484
I'm a little concerned about the debauchery and what not. Is there a quiet time set for the campground? I need at least 3 hours of sleep to maintain my ultimate form.
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #82
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

We're probably gonna get kicked out before quiet time starts.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #83
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoChem View Post
Should I call and reserve a site or should I probably just pay one of you guys money again and share because I literally will be living out of my children's tent again? Also just went and bought some brand new D606's to mount on the bike (going to attempt changing tires myself for the first time this week o_0) and have to do other assorted maintenance to get it ready....just a heads up if I call one of you Clarksville regulars crying and bashing holes in the wall because I did something dumb again and need help, don't be surprised.....also am totally thinking about taking it into work on Thursday and doing some practice runs through the training areas out behind the base again because I literally have nothing to do at work all day now (massive change from last 3 months)

And of course you know I will do my best to bring debauchery/hilariousness at my expense to add to the epicness of this event as always!
I wouldn't worry about reserving. It's gonna be 37 degrees. Nobody in their right mind will be in the campground. <<< This may work to our advantage.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #84
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Dang TK, you sound fired up (no pun there).

I plan on seeing how much crap I can hang off the 250 again this trip.

I'm good with bring your everything but will we be closer to food this time? One less thing to hang off the bike.

I just noticed I have about 1/4" left on my rear shinko 244. I may be too lazy to change it.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #85
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

There will be plenty of food close by. And yeah, I'm fired up. Heck, it's been nearly two weeks since I camped last. I've almost forgotten what it's like. In fact, I can't remember where I camped.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #86
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Looking like a good time....Dam work always getting in the way. If I don't have to work Sunday
I might drive up late Saturday and have a beer. Let me know if y'all need anything.
I'm going to agree with Lisa on this. I'm about 5 shots in right now, and I'm not embarrased to say if you don't make it out, I'm going to be sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
We're gonna need beer and ibuprofen. Quantity beats quality, FWIW.
Hell yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
This little gathering is shaping up to be an Olympic Caliber "Hoot"!
Yes, yez it is.

Quote:
You better! I think there might be a $10 charge if you pay at the gate, but it's only $6 if you book online. There will undoubtedly be a shitload of sites still available.

Give me a holler if you need help this week one night. You have my number still?

It took me FAR to long to type this reply, I don't think I've ever been this drunk before. Fireball is a hell of a drug.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #87
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
I don't think I've ever been this drunk before. Fireball is a hell of a drug.
Are ye prepping the wee liver there son?
ps... hope you're not feeling bad this morning, just remember: hair of the dog is the cure.
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #88
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCRNA View Post
Are ye prepping the wee liver there son?
ps... hope you're not feeling bad this morning, just remember: hair of the dog is the cure.
haha, yeah, maybe. I've only been drinking for about a year, and really only a handful of times more than the equivalent of a beer or two. My wife's brother gave us a funny drinking game to play and we finished off the bottle of Fireball whiskey (that was already open) and almost wiped out the rest of the (also already open) Sailor Jerry. A little bit of a headache this morning, but not too bad.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #89
PsychoChem
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Are there any night rides planned? Debating on whether or not to bring my TRON Helmet or not (I don't think I can fit the whole costume on the bike with all the other crap too....)

PsychoChem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #90
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah

Quote:
Are there any night rides planned? Debating on whether or not to bring my TRON Helmet or not (I don't think I can fit the whole costume on the bike with all the other crap too....)
Maybe, especially if it is clear skies. I have a 38 mile planned route that I set up for a night ride last time that was never used. It should take us to two cool locations. I'll make sure it's loaded into the GPS.