Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #46
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,357
I have to say I enjoy these conversations. It is about learning more about the bikes when we read the many sides of a conversation, and some back and forth.

I think at this point the 990 is a dead end (am I right on this?), with the 1190's out. That is, the 800 adventure bikes, Triumph and BMW, are in a class of their own. For now.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #47
Joseph42s OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Laugh

This conversation is starting to get better. Not sure why every question on here gets heckled so much.

What I was trying to get at, is that everyone says "oh the 990 is SOOO much better than the f800gs Offroad."

I happen to like the f800gs for a lot of reasons, So I was curious about what it took to make it an "offroad" machine. Obviously you keep dirtbikes for playing in the real dirt, but its nicer to be on a bigger bike for the long haul to get to places where you want to ride. And I dont want to buy a truck. Not because I dont like trucks ( I just sold mine a few months back), but because I want to buy more bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR View Post
I have to say I enjoy these conversations. It is about learning more about the bikes when we read the many sides of a conversation, and some back and forth.

I think at this point the 990 is a dead end (am I right on this?), with the 1190's out. That is, the 800 adventure bikes, Triumph and BMW, are in a class of their own. For now.
Joseph42s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #48
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph42s View Post
This conversation is starting to get better. Not sure why every question on here gets heckled so much.

What I was trying to get at, is that everyone says "oh the 990 is SOOO much better than the f800gs Offroad."

I happen to like the f800gs for a lot of reasons, So I was curious about what it took to make it an "offroad" machine. Obviously you keep dirtbikes for playing in the real dirt, but its nicer to be on a bigger bike for the long haul to get to places where you want to ride. And I dont want to buy a truck. Not because I dont like trucks ( I just sold mine a few months back), but because I want to buy more bikes!
suspension upgrades low to high price and it seems to work for me but I am not an all out dirt rider but know I like to high speed cruise some USFS and county roads with a loaded 800 and when I'm hooked up, it's bliss. The KTM dealer wouldn't let me ride as they had no demo. They would give me a 16k in store CR but who wanted 3 KLRs.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #49
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
You can modify the f800gs to perform similar to the ktm. You cant make the ktm look nice. I'm sorry, but that thing is fugly.
chris73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #50
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris73 View Post
You cant make the ktm look nice. I'm sorry, but that thing is fugly.
that thing is a beaut'! well in the eyes of the beholder blabla but damn I love KTM's

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #51
moto74
Displaced

Oddometer: 134
Have to agree with Loutre. If I had to buy another brand / bike it would be KTM, easy.
moto74 is offline   Reply With Quote