Anyone know of any internet coverage?

I dropped cable.
I believe it will be live on, http://www.supercrossonline.com/
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #197
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 810
Predicting A1 - RV and JS action up front, RD following a bit back and Tomac learning quickly, catching up to RD, finish in this order of riders 1-4
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:11 AM   #198
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,437
My pick for A1, Vilapoto is the fastest guy out there but I like to see Bubba ride and if he can pressure him, who knows?

The Go pro shots where the camera is mounted away from the helmet give a great perspective of him moving around.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #199
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,237
My A1 predictions

JS7
RV
RD
KRoc
Barcia
Tomac
Reed
Josh Hill
Short
Grant

its just a wild ass guess

Stewart is healed up and needs a good season so he can keep making money. RV is the fastest guy but usually starts slow and can have an off night at A1. RD will be riding his normal race, trying to stay clean and on the podium. I think KRoc will hang it out and run up front. Barcia has the speed and can run up front. I think Tomac is smart and will stay conservative, he could totally be the spoiler but he could also ride smart and use RD's method and stay healthy for MX which I honestly feel he will a true threat to the Ryans outdoors.

I give Stewy 6 solid rounds before he lawn darts and get banged up.
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #200
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post

The Go pro shots where the camera is mounted away from the helmet give a great perspective of him moving around.

Isn't this new camera tech just amazing! When it swivels around inside the curve it blows me away.
The gyro cams on MotoGP bikes are similarly impressive.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #201
pvangel
Team AARP

Ben Lamay out, couldn't embed pic but sure didn't look good.

One time British championship rider Ben Lamay has sustained multiple injuries after a crash while preparing for this weekends season opener at Anaheim.
Ben posted this picture on his Instagram feed…get better soon dude from all at MOTO.
“Well I crashed yesterday huge and did some damage, dislocated wrist,broke upper jaw,broke eye socket, concussion, stayed the night in the hospital with my babe @sshheerryyllox. Really really bummed this happened cause I was ripping and ready for this season.”

Read more at http://moto.mpora.com/news/ben-lamay...Tqoj3WAQlXk.99
Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #202
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,231
JS is the spoiler for RD. RV walks away with title. I think JS will be lucky to make 6 rounds healthy if he is running in the top 3.

I also say the guy who finish 4-5 every race will do real good in the end.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #203
ADK OP
____

Oddometer: 8,172
Question

JS won every moto of the 08 outdoor season. His luck is due to turn around, don't you think?
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #204
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Ben Lamay out, couldn't embed pic but sure didn't look good.

One time British championship rider Ben Lamay has sustained multiple injuries after a crash while preparing for this weekends season opener at Anaheim.
Ben posted this picture on his Instagram feed…get better soon dude from all at MOTO.
“Well I crashed yesterday huge and did some damage, dislocated wrist,broke upper jaw,broke eye socket, concussion, stayed the night in the hospital with my babe @sshheerryyllox. Really really bummed this happened cause I was ripping and ready for this season.”

Read more at http://moto.mpora.com/news/ben-lamay...Tqoj3WAQlXk.99
my god. how the heck do you break an eye socket. I'd rather not know..
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #205
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 10,339
Injuries today sure were nothing like they used to be. Price you pay for flying around the SX track I guess...
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #206
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Injuries today sure were nothing like they used to be. Price you pay for flying around the SX track I guess...
it just makes the James Stewart video posted about all the more amazing when you stop and think about the speeds involved. Even at the local level the sport has gone off the charts with regards to the levels that these guys (and girls!) are at in 2014. truly amazing, I've realized one very small benefit of being 56 is that I can appreciate it even more when I recall how things used to be, watching these riders not only doesn't get old it just keeps getting better but there is unfortunately a hard price that must occasionally be paid.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #207
pvangel
Team AARP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
it just makes the James Stewart video posted about all the more amazing when you stop and think about the speeds involved. Even at the local level the sport has gone off the charts with regards to the levels that these guys (and girls!) are at in 2014. truly amazing, I've realized one very small benefit of being 56 is that I can appreciate it even more when I recall how things used to be, watching these riders not only doesn't get old it just keeps getting better but there is unfortunately a hard price that must occasionally be paid.
I totally agree, if you watch the James Stewart video the timing has to be perfect. It looks so easy and smooth when done right but one bobble or minor loss of traction and all of a sudden you have a broken eye socket or worse. These guys amaze me with every move and I guess that is why I love watching it.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #208
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
JS won every moto of the 08 outdoor season. His luck is due to turn around, don't you think?
I have been saying this for a couple years now, but I think JS7 IS the guy to challenge RV2 for the title. Just stay on the damn bike!

I have been a RD5 fan since '09, and as a died in the wool Orange Crusher I like him even more now but even I believe that he just doesn't have RV2 speed for an entire season. One round here or there, yes, but for a season unfortunately no. But this prediction I WANT to be wrong about!

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #209
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
Maybe if it was 2009-10. What has he done in the last four years? I didn't see anything that makes me think he can run the full season.

I would like to see RV, RD, and JS be healthy for all the races. I'm not holding my breath.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #210
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,668
Ryan Villopoto Headcam from Practice

Uller is offline   Reply With Quote