Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #2266
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Oddometer: 6,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
those two have previous history... http://youtu.be/zpSD9KmJyQc
I can understand a little extra aggressiveness after watching that.
That was a take out.

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv

Team Ghetto does a hot lap of America
natedog39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #2267
Slotheee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
RC is smart enough to win Daytona SX 5 times !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
If your fellow commentator just gets done telling the audience that you are the only 5 time winner of Daytona, you don't exactly come across as well spoken when he then asks you to comment on how rough the track will get for the 450 main coming up, and you respond with "can't imagine how tough it is going to get for these guys after 10 laps".

Does he really need the money he gets for doing live coverage cos he really sucks at it.
Slotheee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #2268
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog39 View Post
I don't see that as a take out,they didn't make contact till Stewart turned down, then Barcia washes the front end.
Racing incident.
Yep.
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #2269
Slotheee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Barcia making Honda and the rest of his sponsors proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Barcia's was on purpose, Malcom was just trying to get going. His problem might be the shove he gave to Barcia, even though Barcia deserved more than just a shove.

However it's going to take a closer look, from one angle it looked like there was some space between them until Malcom's foot reached out and hit Barcia's rear wheel. Even if so, Barcia was crowding Malcom as close as possible.

Slotheee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #2270
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 4,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog39 View Post
I don't see that as a take out,they didn't make contact till Stewart turned down, then Barcia washes the front end.
Racing incident.

You're wrong.

Barcia went straight in front of him and locked up the brakes, no effort to turn. MS had nowhere to go.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #2271
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
You're wrong.

Barcia went straight in front of him and locked up the brakes, no effort to turn. MS had nowhere to go.
You're wrong too.

Barcia made a clean pass and lost the front wheel when the berm gave way and went down. MS had nowhere to go but to run into him. Sure JB was taking him high, and that is probably why he lost the front end.

Maybe the DNF was some karma for the shove.

Now RV needs to DNF to tighten up the points. Other wise he has no real reason to race hard the rest of the season.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:25 AM   #2272
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Now RV needs to DNF to tighten up the points. Other wise he has no real reason to race hard the rest of the season.
You mean like when he tore up his knee with the championship plate already in hand? Yeah, he is a well known slacker.......
Old 03-09-2014, 04:21 AM   #2273
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,007
I like Barcia but if I'm in charge of things at Honda I get a grease board and show him a block diagram of the running order of the top 15 bikes with regards to his "pass" of Malcom both before and after and then smack him upside the head.

nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 AM   #2274
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
You're wrong.

Stewart had nowhere to go after Barcia fell, yeah it was an aggressive move but he didn't slam him.
If he wasn't trying to turn why did his front end wash out?

Watch it again.

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv

natedog39 screwed with this post 03-09-2014 at 05:16 AM
Old 03-09-2014, 05:15 AM   #2275
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
You're wrong too.

Barcia made a clean pass and lost the front wheel when the berm gave way and went down. MS had nowhere to go but to run into him. Sure JB was taking him high, and that is probably why he lost the front end.

Maybe the DNF was some karma for the shove.

One thing MS should think about before doing what he did is who the powers that be at Honda will pick next time they have an extra bike laying around.
He looked good on that 450,perhaps even better than Cole Seely.

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv

Old 03-09-2014, 05:23 AM   #2276
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Dungey tried to stay with Roczen for a couple of laps and then went into cruise mode. I gave up on Dungey several races ago, but he seemed to be coming back the last couple of weeks but now he's back to not really trying. Although he's still faster than 19 (?) other losers.

I think Roger DeCoster is about ready to give up on Dungey too from the sounds of it!!!
80 CB900 Custom(Restoring)
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:11 AM   #2277
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,255
So what happened to the nice butt ssnowboard girl and the rest of the Monster Energy girls? There weren't half nekkid like usually. While I like half nekkid I can get that elsewhere and it seems rather low class.
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, KDX220
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:35 AM   #2278
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 10,100
I'll have to watch the race later. I have to go into work for 6 hrs today.

D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #2279
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by barko1 View Post
So what happened to the nice butt ssnowboard girl and the rest of the Monster Energy girls? There weren't half nekkid like usually. While I like half nekkid I can get that elsewhere and it seems rather low class.
The race at Daytona is sponsored by Honda not Monster. Hence no Monster girls.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:43 AM   #2280
Research Rat
thrasher

Oddometer: 700
Re the Barcia and Stewart tangle.

I believe that was the same corner where earlier Barcia put a block move on Short, which was clean and well executed. Barcia didn't have the same rider gap when he tried on Stewart. Stewart wasn't going to let off and budge, Barcia ended up going wider at the apex of the turn and there you have it. According to the rulebook, Stewart should be fined for his push on Barcia. Not sure if the wheelie turn will incur any additional.

That aside. I impressed with MS's ride up to that point. He had good speed on the 450. We'll see if he can replicate that to slower indoor tracks.

Dungey. Captain consistency, nay complacency. He wasn't attempting some of the faster lines like other fast riders, such as like preloading and jumping the pit before the steep jump. When you watched the duel between he and roczen, you could see him riding slower lines and pace.

JS7. Shame his chances ended early due to connecting with alessi's downed bike, and his brake or header getting pulled off.

Roczen. Someone please tell him to stop inserting excuses for not winning every times he's interviewed in the post race. Last week it was he didn't feel well early in the week, yesterday it was his goggles filling with sweat. Maybe it's a confidence boosting trick recommended by Alson, but it's annoying.

The track. Fast, fast, fast. How about the 90 foot launch pad at the finish. Land to flat and hope your spine is strong enough to weather the shock.

Research Rat screwed with this post 03-09-2014 at 08:11 AM
Research Rat is offline   Reply With Quote