Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #286
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 10,263
I saw Erin doing the trophy trucks the other day on CBS. I guess I can do without her in SX.

Couldn't find the race on Utube yet...

D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #287
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Sheheen actually ID'd an old Husky that somebody tweeted in when they were showing the tweet pictures. I was impressed. I think at this point it's fair to say that Sheheen is pretty good and knows whats going on and brings the professional presence you need to go along with the ex racer color commentators. Emig should have his job as long as he wants he's got it down and keeps getting more polished. Even RC seems to be making some progress with his flow in the broadcast.

On the other hand do RC and KW really need to be part of the pre race show out on the track on the bikes?

It will look pretty silly if one of them wads it up over a triple. Sign up or sit down.

The only way Ralphy knew it was a husky was the giant husky logos all over the guys riding gear
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #288
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,179
Great racing!!

Fox had some great camera work. It wasn't that long ago when we were lucky to see a pass that wasn't on the main camera. I don't care what bozo gal they have doing the interviews because the racers have little to actually say anyway.

Stewart was hugged by Malcolm, not his dad.
He was screaming through the whoops and did get out of shape there a few times before he launched so he knew that could be trouble. He had no reason to go for the win at that point. He had so much time.......I can't believe he tried to force it.

KTM has to be stoked. Dont forget that Roczen is a world champ, not just "some rookie".

How many times is RV going to push the front end out this year?? He seems to do that fairly regularly.

I feel super bad for Tomac. He was ambushed and I hope he can race next week.
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #289
Gordy
Team Listo

Making arrangements for Dallas right now.. Flug??
Old 01-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #290
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Making arrangements for Dallas right now.. Flug??
are the girls going?

I can't justify it this year, really want to try another venue, St. Louis or Indy if the price is right. Every time I see Cowboys stadium on TV now it's surreal. That place is like another planet it's not indoors and its not outdoors. I think it's almost too sterile and thats why the Cowboys have a hard time succeeding there, (among other things).
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #291
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,107
I want one of those jerseys Barica was wearing!
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #292
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
I skimmed through the early parts, but it appears pretty simple.

Tony got a couple of guys from their new church to help him use Jeff's laser pointer and signal to the baby that the pin is out in the start box, time to dump the clutch.
The back marker got in front of a bunch of racers, kinda like that girl on nap car, and they all figured he should have this the most monumental thing he has ever done in his lifetime while they scope out the track for the actual race for money and points.

The back marker cried, a lot.

Then karma got back from the line for the pisser in time for the actual race and smacked Tony and his entire clan right in the mouth.

I knew you'd have the skinny.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #293
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,899
>"...signal to the baby that the pin is out in the start box..."

Hmmm... in the first moto Alessi was right next to the starter box.
I wonder if he could hear movement inside the starter box, bang got out early.

Maybe on the second moto the starter thumped on the side of the box before he pulled the lever and sent Alessi out early.

Dunno.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #294
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

I found one...

Old 01-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #295
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Damn it! Fell asleep after the LCQs, I should have left Jim Beam in the cabinet.

Good for Allessi for winning a heat race, but that was a lot of drama over a heat race. Getting a jump off the line like that ain't gonna happen every time. There was a fair amount of luck involved in that one. I feel bad for Tomac. Hopefully, he'll be back in action next week. That was a pretty dumb move on Wiemer's part. Stewart? Fits the MO perfectly. Still hasn't got his brain and right wrist working together. The guy could slow it down a tick and still win races and a championship. What a shocker with Roczen( Rokzen, Rockzen), although it probably shouldn't be. He could be the spoiler this year, but it's all way too soon to say. But the season started out with a bang.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #296
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,596
Quote:
don't forget they need to be aware of the asterisk medical crew sprinting out onto a hot track. wouldn't it be better if they jogged the track during the race, like right down the middle of the track? that guy might have been able to save it for Stewart if they let him do his job? nice touch by asterisk with the dark colors, makes them harder to see, and thats important.

Let's see, Reed on steroids suffering from Roid Rage, Aldon Baker is a farce and a waste of money, what other gems can I think of..... the Asterisk medical crews are hazard to the racing and NOT a benefit to the riders...

oh yes, and now you know why the Cowboys don't win in Texas, the stadium is on another planet! Of course!

The wisdom of the Flug continues.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #297
Gordy
Team Listo

Quote:
are the girls going?

I can't justify it this year, really want to try another venue, St. Louis or Indy if the price is right. Every time I see Cowboys stadium on TV now it's surreal. That place is like another planet it's not indoors and its not outdoors. I think it's almost too sterile and thats why the Cowboys have a hard time succeeding there, (among other things).

Just my daughter.

We just got it firmed up and doing a quick one. Flying in Sat morning and leaving Sunday afternoon. I love that place. If they aren't going to use it for football, they might as well have races there!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #298
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 17,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
I knew you'd have the skinny.
can somebody make me a .gif of him blubbering and getting stuck in the gate?

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #299
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Wow, Roc really kicked ass.

Lawn Dart lost again...
Old 01-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #300
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Interesting race(s).Stewart was haulin right up till he bailed.Villopoto wasn't gapping anyone as he usually does,next week we'll see.Is he a mere mortal when faced with passing the other fast guys,are his holeshots the key?We'll see.Aldon Baker is 1 for 1 now.I miss Erin Bates,better moto commentator than Krista Voda,who needs to go back to NAPCAR.Hopefully Eli will be back,and they wont have half the field out by the time Ford field happens.